1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 Mock Draft Thread - Rockets #3 Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, May 12, 2024.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

The only way we don’t trade this pick will be due to Stone’s incompetence.

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

What if no other team wants to trade for the 3rd pick in a weak draft?

No Worries, cmlmel77 and Space City like this.
  3. thegary

Seems a lot of teams are in bad shape and need to rebuild, somebody will bite, just don’t expect a superstar back. I’d settle for a solid player that can really help us now.

4. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Wow just watched tape of risacher ! GET HIM … he’s only 19 and has so much star potential . He does it all . Defends , play makes and is a shot maker .. he would be the perfect fit on this team ! Let him learn behind Dillon brooks on how to be an even better defender and we will be groomed just right

Corrosion likes this.
  5. thegary

He’ll probably be gone

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

teams that are rebuilding or need to rebuild:

Washington
    Portland
    Charlotte
    Utah
    San Antonio
    Toronto
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Golden State?
    Atlanta?

That’s roughly one third of the league. I think our best outcome is trading out or trading back.

OremLK and thegary like this.
  7. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I would trade up . Him or SARR would fit so well with this team . We would have an even better young core adding one of the two .. it falls off after those two

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

BR
    3. Donovan Clingan
    44. Melvin Ajinça

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Clingan seems to be picking up steam. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Rockets take him. Also interesting to see Risacher at #1 in several mocks.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Clingan would be a good backup for Sengun, just feels like such a bad value at #3. Maybe that's just how this draft class is though

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

At 44, wouldn’t it be better to draft Bronny and thereby add LeBron to the team? :)

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

They've kinda walked back the whole "Bron gonna play with Bronny" thing lately, lol. Doubt he comes here. Maybe for one year before he retires, whenever that might be? Do we want a LeBron farewell season where he insists on Bronny getting real non-garbage time minutes?

groovemachine likes this.
  13. AggieRocketFan96

I don’t understand the logic that the Rockets should trade away their pick due to this being a poor draft and yet expect other teams to be so willing to give up a productive piece or even multiple lower picks as if those teams would be hood-winked to accept these terms. And if this draft is so weak, why give away the 3rd pick for multiple lower picks- seems to be poor decision-making for sure. Just doesn’t compute! I have no doubt that there will be at least 5 impact players out of this draft if not more, hopefully the Rockets have the talent managers to find one of these without making their position worse.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They're pushing hard for Topic to be a Spur. Rockets should take him at 3. I dont' see jackshit in Clingan

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Compared to the likelihood of another 44th pick ever being a rotational player, having 1-2 seasons of LeBron as a glue guy for a young team could pay dividends in both a deep playoff run and the more obvious financial rewards.

I’ll be shocked if Bronny is even on the board at 44.

OremLK likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2024-nba-mock-draft/

https://collegesportswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-nba-mock-draft-lottery-combine-college-basketball/

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Every team has their own Big Board. A team like Portland, who has #7 and #14, might see a high value get that others do not and trade both picks to jump the queue, like for the Rockets #3 pick. Portland gets their man and the Rockets get their BOGO. The Rockets might wait to see who is on the board at #14 to make the deal.

Anywho that type of deal is unlikely but not impossible.

Per chance ...
    Portland gets Reed Sheppard at #3
    Houston gets Cody Williams or Stephon Castle at #7 and Kel'el Ware at #14.

joshuaao and Corrosion like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If there is concern about Reed's size then there should be blaring alarm sirens with Dillingham -- the dude is tiny.

Nook likes this.
  20. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

tons more offensive creation and quickness/speed and it's not potential. Can really score. Just a matter of how efficient he can be and if it's worth the bad defense/size. Low end: Bones Hyland type, High end: Boston Isiah Thomas . Not mad at Reed either btw but Dillingham definitely provides something reed cannot.

NewAge likes this.