1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Wild West Standings for 2004/2005 Season!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ceddy, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ceddy

ceddy Member

If the rockets can stay healthy, I honestly think they've got what it takes to challenge the spurs for the western conference title. I think Yao will step up this year and become more of an offensive threat..he needs to be more selfish...yao's #'s will be 19 ppg 10 rpg...t-mac will put up 21 ppg....i think the x factors r jim jackson and howard...if JJ can give us a duplicate performance like he did last yr we'll be fine...To me, he was the most consistant player for the Rockets last yr.... if JJ can give is solid D and roughly 10 ppg, while shooting the 3 at a high clip we'll be fine...Howard should drop 13 ppg 8 rpg...all we need from ward and sura are to not turn over the ball and give good passes to yao and tmac....my only worry is yao's stamina and our lack of pure 3 pointer shooters....the only dead eye shooter is JJ and maybe ward....and boki is an inconsistant shooter...t-mac can't drain the 3 with regularity.... below is my prediction for the wild west:

The rox will surprise everybody and make it to the conf finals...mark my words..the rox will raise a lot of eyebrows...
    GO ROX GO!
    1-Spurs
    2-Kings
    3-Denver
    4-Rockets
    5-Minn
    6-Mavs
    7-Lakers
    8-Suns:)

2. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

If you read your other threads, you'll notice there are a bunch of posts in them making fun of you for starting this many threads about stuff that's completely pointless or has been beaten to death already. Just letting you know.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You know, you can also post in other peoples threads. You don't have to start a thread for every random thought that comes to your mind.

4. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

lol....he's done it again.......:D

5. DaneB

DaneB Member

Hey man, don't worry about what these guys say. Judging from your 7 posts you're a newbie and have lots to learn about this BBS. I'm sure I did the same when I started posting. If you can though try to find a thread that might be about what you want to say and then add to it. If there isn't anything that you can add to you, then just make another thread topic.

6. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

After 10 months' sleep, Saddy finally break out in these two days.
    :eek:

7. kanevil

kanevil Contributing Member

LOL. ceddy, you made my day!!!

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

you sir are an idiot.

9. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Yeah, you suck.

But anyways, Denver at number 3?? Are you kidding me??? I can see 6th seed, but Carmelo is a long way away from leading that team to the 3 seed, and Kenyon Martin will get pushed around in the West.

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

You seriously have to stop doing this.

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

This my friends....is all part of Ceddy's plot to take over CF.net

He had to plan, prepare. It took a year after registering....but the time has come, shock and awe. 5 Wasted Threads he has planned, 5 Wasted Threads he has made. Who knows what other havoc this man may unleash.....

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Can someone put a leash on this kid?

13. ceddy

ceddy Member

:( guys...i'm not that bad...i know my rockets n i love them.....i know my nba too....i know everything about the nba...somebody test me with trivia....i know my stuff....u guys are just haters....i just wanted to stir up an interesting topic....but i know i know more about the rockets and the nba in general than 99% of the people bad mouthing me on here.....be nice guys.. i'm new to the site :)

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Okay, time for "Stump the ceddy". Who had the first regular season basket at the Toyota Center?

15. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Thus the reason clutchcity.net is known to be unfriendly to new comers.

Dude, give the guy some break. He is excited about a new season. And he like to start new threads. Big freaking deal!

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's cool ignore them. You haven't jumped into tybrave territory yet, so don't sweat it.

As for my standings assuming all teams stay the same now coming into the new season.

1) Spurs
    2) T-Wolves
    3) Kings
    4) Rockets
    5) Nuggets
    6) Mavericks
    7) Lakers
    8) Utah

Personally I could see the Kings anywhere from 3 to 6 seed this coming season. Vlade might prove to a bigger loss in terms of morale, although he really did see few minutes in the regular season. So really in terms of production, I don't think the Kings will lose much, but if they get in a small rut in a losing streak, I could see the losing streak lasting a little longer than how it normally would for them in past years.

As for the Nuggets, I could see them as high 3 to 5 as well. They didn't lose talent, and only got stronger. They're a deep team built on running and scoring a lot. I more or less see them as the new run and gun team that the Mavs and Kings have been. Only they'll be relying more on their athleticism around the basket then just having a bunch of pure shooters.

Utah I could see as high as 6 seed, although I don't really think the acquisition of Boozer will really give them an assured stamp into the playoffs. As usual with Utah, it's all about how well they play in their system, more so than the actual talent they have out there.

The Lakers despite losing Shaq will be a more run and gun ISO oriented team with a strong emphasis on running the ball. Basically what the Rockets under Francis commission were doing, except with a greater talent in Bryant leading the charge, and a better taller, more versatile side kick in Odom to help as well. I could see them as high as a 5 seed but also as low as an 8 seed. One way or another, I don't see them faltering out of the playoffs.

The Mavericks I think did a better job this offseason in getting talent that fits their system, instead of rounding up as many big name stars as they could like last year. I think they'll really miss Nash so it'll really boil down to how well Howard performs next season in place of him. While he doesn't necessarily have the same creative passing nature Nash has nor an equal shooting touch, he is more versatile as a defender, slasher in the paint, and showed poise and under control tempo as the ball distributor on the floor. The simple fact that he'll still have plenty of talented shooters to pass to next season is enough reason to believe he'll average atleast 8 assists next season. They just may not come as easily or productively as it was with Nash.

Lastly I think the Rockets will see the biggest change next season. We should see more offensive production from them, but a lack of the same defensive intensity. We definitely won't be holding our opponents to 39% FGP the majorty of the season, but will still be strong enough on defense to let our improved offense take over. We'll still be methodical slow paced team, but we'll also be averaging around 93 to 95 points a game while holding opponents 90 to 91 points a game. I'm getting booted off the computer now so I can't offer more useless insightful analysis. See ya.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

^

18. Dreamlead

Dreamlead Member

just wondering, both of ya'll don't see Memphis in the playoffs now?

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Oops completely forgot about the Grizz. I bump the Suns and/or Lakers out of the playoffs, and place them competing anywhere from the 3 to 5 seed as well. They're still just going to be a good regular season team that won't cut it in the playoffs.

20. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

You are the greatest poster in the history of the clutch bbs, don't let anyone else try and convince you otherwise ceddybear.

ceddybear's art is making new topics, and he's about to paint his masterpiece.