1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 13, 2024.

1. Screaming Fist

I feel like through this stretch the pitching has been much worse than the hitting (although the hitting has sucked at times) although with hitting the team has just been insanely unlucky at pretty much every junction where a lot of randomness gets injected into the process. That has to turn around at some point.

The Beard and Snake Diggit like this.
  2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I'm late and missed it but nice Win fellas!

Also, it's refreshing to see Rangers fans starting to panic, at least the ones in my life are.

3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

You aren't an Astros fan you just hold water for Dusty. Is Espada a bad coach...absolutely and he deserves to get fired at the end of the season

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

On the plus side, Bregman has been 2017 postseason Bregman defensively this season.

Radricky, Nick and raining threes like this.
  5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't get me wrong....I absolutely LOVE Julia Morales as dugout reporter, clubhouse reporter, postgame interviewer, postgame show host, and everything else she does for the Astros. She's like the Astros version of Calvin Murphy. It's literally impossible not to love her if you're an Astros fan.

I'm so sorry, Julie....but I don't think play-by-play is your thing. I actually had to mute the TV last night.

Please don't be mad at me. I still love you. In a totally non-creepy old guy kind of way. And also in a creepy old guy kind of way.

Viol8r, desihooper, Stephen66 and 7 others like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Once again, praying the rosary has led us to victory. I'm sorry my brothers. This entire season, I just haven't been praying hard enough. I won't make this mistake again.

desihooper and Houstunna like this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Just go to a three-person booth.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I know you're trolling, but this is the MLB not college football. Every win is hard earned and every win is worth celebrating.

13 in 33 likes this.
  9. raining threes

The Stros get good pitching and they win. It's a big plus getting a win with Arrighetti pitching. Hopefully Hunter will star pitching better.

Houstunna, Radricky and 13 in 33 like this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

Maybe it's not that you haven't "prayed hard enough" but rather you haven't confessed all of those hideous sins you've committed. For the sake of the Astros going on a roll please cleanse yourself.:D

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have the Mavs and Stars in the playoffs, and, soon, the Cowboys.

They should be forever grateful that the Rangers somehow won a WS... such a sports tragedy.

While we're here, nice job, LeBron in giving the Mavs an NBA title too....:rolleyes:

They'll, hopefully, go back to being a non-story in the Metroplex soon enough.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He really is. Even his error in the 9th was basically a spectacular play.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I gotta say, I feel asleep early last night woke up just in time for second Breggy bomb, and then feel back asleep. The only plays I remember that he hasn't made this year are the swinging bunt down the line against the Yankees that he couldn't barehand, and another grounder in which he was shifted to a deep SS position and his throw after bare handing was late.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

:)

the shark likes this.
  15. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

The hitting all year has been much better than the production. We are 5th in team OPS but 13th in runs per game. Those things have a tendency to correct themselves

If this team pitches well, it will win at high levels. The more quality pitchers get healthy, the better chance we have of making the playoffs.

If we make the playoffs, no one, I mean NO ONE, wants to face us. They might not admit it, but they all know it

Houstunna and IdStrosfan like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I am not a "Dusty fan", I have been an Astros fan for 40+ years. I remember watching J.R. Richard pitch at the Astrodome at 6 years old. Can you say the same?

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I can't imagine a better job anywhere EVER than dugout reporter. Seriously, it's like the realtor of broadcasting jobs.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  19. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Shutout incoming...

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

J.R. struck out Dusty 3 times that day.

At least you're loyal

Stephen66 likes this.