1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2024.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

#20 pick it is!

How did we get Cam at 20 lol....

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, funny enough, it's possible history will repeat itself.

3. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Reed Sheppard* definitely has the highest potential for unintentional name misspelling on ClutchFans since Pat Beverley. With at least two different feasible first names (Reid/Reed), and three viable last name variations (Sheppard/Shepard/Shepherd), he truly puts the "combo" in "combo guard". After we got Paolo "Paulo Banchero" Banchero stolen out from under us, this is a golden opportunity to fill a hole that has been conspicuously empty during the rebuild. No offense to Garrison Mathews, but a missing T on a guy with the nickname Garry Bird is just not going to cut it.

From a basketball standpoint, the model for Sheppard is probably FVV, who was able to hold his own in a double-PG backcourt next to Kyle Lowry for Toronto's championship run. I think it's pretty hard to find a lottery team that is going to cover for his physical shortcomings more than this Rockets squad with all the length and athleticism available.

It's obviously a worry if he can't be a true PG and handle the ball; he's the same size and length as Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, and Seth Curry, so the idea of playing him off ball next to anyone other than Amen Thompson is definitely a bit scary.

He's probably my personal favorite for #3 right now, since I don't think a major trade is viable. Clingan seems like the Rockets FO preference; analytics right up there with Sheppard and unique physical tools, and they have clearly shown they simply do not believe in Sengun as a full-time 5.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

nothing to do with StoneZ’s trip to France, but I get the feeling Risacher is on their short list as well. Shooting, length and defense….and battle tested in a legit pro league more than anyone else in this draft. I think he’s gonna be gone in the top 4.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe Risacher could be selected by the Wizards since Topic has gotten injured again.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone is casting the net for 16 year old French dudes right now while he is over there.

This is like the New French Wave just not cineastic.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Call him Reed or Shepp that is fine......

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

9. Aruba77

this whole draft exercise is such a disservice to this kid. Not sure why Lebron can’t see that.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t either. 6’1” & 5ppg is nuts. Is this 1958 and his son is getting drafted in the 6th round?

They should all be embarrassed and if the kid was pushed into it is even worse.

RB713 likes this.
  11. vince

vince Member

This draft is so interesting. I looked on various mock drafts, from Nbadraft.net, tankathon, CBS sports, about 5 different YouTube channels, here on Clutch fans, and everyone is scattered all over the place. In some I see Reed going as high as 3 others I see him going at 9. In a lot I see Topic at 4/5 but I’ve seen him as low as 12th. And the whole group of about 8 to 9 guys are in that realm.

The huge advantage about selecting number 3 is that if multiple teams fall in love with one guy, then the Rockets could benefit from a bidding war.

The Beard, Rashmon, saleem and 2 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't the 4 ppg the indirect result of him having coronary issues and the team was managing him...

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That could be true true

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Risacher is probably on everybody's list, but his shooting went from "DAMN!" to "hmmm..." throughout the year and in multiple leagues from what I remember seeing. I don't know how much I should trust his long-range stats with that. He was shooting over 56% on 3's while shooting 60-something% on FT's in one league and the other he was shooting 35% on 3's and 70-something% on FT's. I didn't look into it much further than that. Could be different leagues causing it, could be he was injured, could be he's inconsistent...

#355 Dr of Dunk, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    NIKEstrad likes this.
  16. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Just go ahead and draft bronny

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

Watching Bronny get undrafted would be a gift as much as the #3 pick. Not because I dislike him mind you but because of LeBron and his constant pushing. The poor guy had a heart problem. He doesn't need to be put in one of the most physically demanding sports in the world just to appease his dad. He could have a damn heart attack and die on the court.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True but he wants it, I keep an open mind, I think Bronny has some skills and can play for Real Madrid or Barca if his career here does not pan out.

Every kid wants to get away from their parents, but his dad being literally the GOAT or 2nd in GOAT....that is special, hard not to pick his dad's brain.

He obviously is not his dad but listen to his voice, Bron junior has his voice.

19. Aruba77

some folks in the know are reporting that it’s just a knee sprain and that it’s not serious. I doubt it’s gonna affect his stock after all.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It was reported a day after the injury that his injury was just a knee sprain and he’ll be ok come draft time. I believe Givony was one of the ones who tweeted it.