1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC SEMIFINALS] (1) Oklahoma City Vs. (5) Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, May 3, 2024.

?

(1) Oklahoma City Thunder Vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

1. Thunder in 4

2. Thunder in 5

3. Thunder in 6

4. Thunder in 7

5. Mavericks in 4

6. Mavericks in 5

7. Mavericks in 6

8. Mavericks in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tonight was very good seasoning for OKC's players. They kept fighting back, stayed within striking distance and gave themselves a chance to ride SGA to victory late when the Mavs stopped scoring.

OKC needs to find a reliable 5th player worth a dime in this series. All of the Core 4 played 40+ mins and their vaunted depth wasn't deep at all because the moment was too big.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

SGA is sick. Locking up Irving and lighting them up.

Chet Holmgren is a total b****.

**** the Gafford, Lively, Derrick Jones Jr. scrubfest dunk party.

**** Dallas.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. StroudAndYorDaddy

fluka has played like **** this entire postseason. kyrie has been far and away the mavs best player

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People seems to be ignoring Kyrie
    More about what Luka doing or not doing
    The "No Help" thing won't work this year
    Luka losing in this round will be bad

Rocket River

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Kyrie actually looks very committed. You can see that he's doing those little things that help winning. Playing hard on defense, making plays for teammates, chasing balls, etc. even when he's not scoring well.

I am surprised the Mavs are putting up such resistance. I thought OKC would beat them in 5 games.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Last night, Luka, PJ Washington and Derrick Jones had 20, 19 and 12 shots respectively. Kyrie only had 11, with 9 assists.

Even though he's playing smart, team ball, I think he should look for his shot more often, especially with Luka being so inefficient. When Luka is in dominant mode. Kyrie should step back. But that's only been in game 2.

I'm grasping at straws here, but is Kyrie showing his age? He's averaging 40 mins in their 10 playoff games and maybe that is catching up to his 32 year-old body.

Easy likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Mavs actually slept through 40 games of the season and were waking up late and made the necessary trades at the deadline looking forward to the Playoffs.

It paid off.....I think they rounded out to nice form.

Mavs fans compared this to their Championship team.......with a lot of Peja light.....

What surprised me was that Mavs bench bounced back hard and were better than the Thunder bench which had a Top 2 bench in the NBA.

Easy likes this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

My Mavericks hate has never been questioned, but Luka is clearly injured.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

OKC is terrifying. They’ve assembled a 1 seed with a bunch of guys on rookie contracts. They have 40 MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS free under the cap…and a bazillion draft picks. Here..take my draft picks…I don’t need to send out a bad contract…they are poised to **** the league up for a really long time.

11. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Hoping OKC trades for a malcontent star that will set them back a couple of years like Kyrie did for Boston.

MadMax and J.R. like this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I followed that team closely. The formula worked like a charm up to when Kyrie was injured. He wanted to be coached, accepted Brad Stevens leadership and he was the closer for the team. But when he got injured and, without him, they took LeBron to a game 7 of the ECFs, everything flipped in Kyrie's mind. They were within 3 points with ~4 mins left in game 7.

Kyrie was a wrecking ball the following year (his last) in Boston. He had to prove he was THE man no matter what. If that meant going off script and completely wrecking everything Brad Stevens built the previous 5 years, so be it. It was disgusting.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Their success comes from drafting good character players on purpose.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how unselfish Shai is for letting other teammates bring the ball. That develops his teammates but also gets him easy points and pressure off him.

FVV selfish ass would never do that

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I hate the way FVV stands there clapping his hands demanding the ball all the time. SGA being 25 and near the age of his teammates probably helps here vs FVV who sees himself as the OG that doesn't need to listen to the youngins. I hope OKC pulls this one out. Last game was major for them confidence wise

cheke64 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Josh Diddey not even starting now…damn

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'll admit I haven't watched a minute of this series so far, but I just turned it on and I'm already rooting for the meteor

Oklahoma vs Southern Oklahamo

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Dort leading his team in shot attempts playing right into Dallas’s hands, and he seems oblivious to it

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is why it’s so imperative we make the playoffs next season no excuses…u gain so much valuable information

OKC has confirmation Giddey ain’t it…they were the best shooting team in the regular season, but that’s looking like a mirage…J-Dub is disappearing…Jason Kidd is winning the HC battle badly

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member