1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NBA Draft Guillotine : Update and results thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, May 13, 2024.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

As the new draft year is upon us, it is time to reflect, brethren. It's that time of year where draft geniuses will proclaim who is assuredly the next "generational talent" - especially if there are 7 generational talents in the draft. I expect all the experts to participate in this year's Guillotine and not just go into hiding when the time to put your neck on the line comes up.

So here is the 2023 end of season update. The original 2023 NBA Draft Guillotine thread is here if you want to go back and look at responses to the original question.

Below are the questions that were asked that could be resolved at the end of the season along with the results - the questions from the original thread about busts and best players in 5 years we can talk about in a few more years. Let me know if you see any mistakes :

1) Top 3 in ROY race

Results :

1) Victor Wembanyama
    2) Chet Holmgren
    3) Brandon Miller​

Winners : NOBODY

Everybody missed out on Brandon Miller. Usually because they picked Scoot somewhere in there. Props (?) to those of you who went out there and picked somebody other than Scoot, Victor, and Chet.​

2) How many wins will the Rockets have in the regular season?

Result :

Rockets ended up with 41 wins.

Winners :
    @Dankstronaut, @Corrosion, @BamBam

I thought those of you predicting 40+ wins had lost your damn minds. Guess not. :D
    3) What will Amen Thompson's final averages for points, rebounds, and assists be?

Result :

9.5 points, 6.6 rebs, 2.6 assists

Winners : @PeppermintCandy (10/5/3), @Dr of Dunk (11/4/4), @Corrosion (8.5/4/4), @Easy (10/5/5)

Nobody was expected to get the exact numbers, so I just counted "winners" as people that were kind of close to the actual result. I just eyeballed the numbers without doing any "% off" calcs, so sue me. lol.​

4) Who will be the top 3 scorers (points per game) for the Rockets this season? Rank them in order from highest to lowest. Player with the highest ppg should be #1.

Result :

1) Alperen Sengun
    2) Jalen Green
    3) Fred Van Vleet

Winners : NOBODY

There were several of us that left Alpi off the top 3 while others had the 3 of them correct, but the order wrong. I thought Jalen would take a big step forward in scoring while Alpi would take more of a passing and 2nd/3rd scorer role. I thought Jabari would end up a better scorer than he was. Oh well.
    5) Rank these teams from best to worst in terms of records at the end of the season : Pistons, Rockets, Wizards, Hornets, Spurs, Blazers. Team with the best record should be #1.

Result :

1) Rockets
    2) Spurs
    3) Hornets (Tied)
    3) Blazers (Tied)
    4) Wizards
    5) Pistons

Winners : @DrNuegebauer (had Spurs and Rockets flipped, but remaining order was correct), @TimDuncanDonaut (had Spurs and Rockets flipped, but remaining order was correct),
    @daywalker02 (had Wizards and Pistons flipped, but remaining order was correct).

No one actually got the order completely correct, but 3 people only missed by swapping 2 teams who were next to one another in terms of record. That's impressive.​

Rocket River, xiki, Shark44 and 13 others like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Read this thread, wondered why I hadn't won in all categories, read the original thread, realized I had not participated. Now it all makes sense,

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Much fun, thanks Doc.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Thanks @Dr of Dunk

First, I would like to thank all the little people I had to step on to get here.....;)

Go Rockets!!!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rigged.