1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 13, 2024.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Good s**t

Bregman hitting, and we won a game started by Arrighetti. These are both really good things.

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

No one likes a wet blanket….

When you’re still looking up at the A’s, you celebrate every fkn win you can get!

HUZZAH!

3. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

Rangers about to lose their 4th straight

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

houston-astros-flag.gif

Astros continue their long journey to 500 - but the fact of length helps because the season is long.

There's still plenty opportunity for 90+ wins.

ROCKSS, vince, raining threes and 4 others like this.
  5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

We’re fans, we get excited about winning which is beating anyone, has nothing to do with what or who is done and gone, you don’t get to decide when anyone here gets to be excited about a win….continue your suffer in misery tour elsewhere…..

6. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

ROCKSS, marks0223, 13 in 33 and 6 others like this.
  7. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

yes and if the coach is smart he will leave the lineup alone cause it seems to be working well right now

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Picsart_24-05-13_22-02-57-988.png

9. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

All we have to do is win the next 20 games in a row and those 25 loses look much better.

13 in 33 and Bregatron like this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What a weird thing to say

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I expect this team to do better. Celebrating a win against team they should beat shows how the mighty have fallen.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

We have to start somewhere to get back on track, might as well be now. Doesn't matter who it's against. If you don't like it, go to Dallas.

Baba Booey, ROCKSS, The Beard and 9 others like this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FIFY.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

And their injury list keeps growing as the Astros are getting healither. Long season ahead

raining threes and Radricky like this.
  16. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Fortunately for the Astros, no team in the AL west has really been able to take major advantage of the Astros struggles. Seattle is only 4 games above .500.

I believe every other division leader in the MLB (besides maybe the NL central) has a division leader with at least 10 games above .500.

I try to watch almost every game- probably have watched about 90% of the games thus far. The final game of the Yankee series in New York was the first time all year where I watched and felt like I was watching the type of product that we’ve become accustomed to the past 7-8 years. I know @Nook mentioned there was a team meeting in NY, it may also have been reported elsewhere… but something has definitely changed over the past 7 games or so.

Obviously, Bregman showing signs of heating up is a huge development. We’re just a much, much more dangerous lineup when he’s doing damage or at least a threat in some fashion. Tucker is having an MVP caliber season, Peña is looking like an All-star and a potential batting title winner if he keeps it up. But the one thing I’m really waiting for is for Yordan to go on one of his dominant stretches to where it’s almost impossible to pitch to him- it seems like he’s getting closer and closer.

The baserunning tonight was the best I’ve seen in a long time. There was calculated aggressiveness which really helped create runs and opportunities. Hoping this trend continues but I love what I’ve seen over the past week.

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Every win of every season is celebrated.

You already know that.

18. the shark

the shark Member

Lighten up Eeyore.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

With as crappy as Bregman has been… a couple more big games like that and he’ll likely leapfrog Singleton and Diaz’ season production and overall averages.

Would really like Diaz to get hot, especially if he’s getting the DH role when Caratini catches.

I doubt all three will ever be hot at the same time, but will settle for a rotation for now (with a sprinkling of Myers consistency at the plate).

Espada has a lot of options night-in/night-out, and they’re all pretty good options.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

The position player roster is stacked. That is one thing I have noticed since Abreu was sent down, it doesn’t matter what the lineup is, I feel like every single player has a chance to do damage at the plate, or at least not be a total embarrassment.