1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2024.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Ending up with the #3 pick is nothing other than pure luck. I really hope we capitalize on our good fortune.

2. Landry's Tooth

I feel relatively confident Amen, Jabari, Tari, and Sengun will be nba starter level players. Somewhat optimistic Cam could show that this year.

Given that, I would be drafting for Jalen's replacement in case he's not worth extending. I would prioritize shooting given Amen's weakness.

I don't think any of the bigs with rim protection can also space the floor (Brook Lopez type) so they can get a pick and roll rim protector later in the draft or free agency. There are a lot of those types of guys...

More intriguing could be to flip Landale for Capela with #3 to ATL for a couple future 1s that at top 4 protected. Atlanta can try massive overhaul...

We have a lot of young guys already.

That would give us some expiring contracts and trade assets for midseason.

Rashmon likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

has any team drafted 4 straight top 4 picks?

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yep. The Cavs did a decade ago.

2011 - Kyrie at #1, Tristan Thompson at #4
    2012 - Dion Waiters at #4
    2013 - Anthony Bennett at #1
    2014 - Andrew Wiggins at #1

That's absurd to get three #1 picks in a 4-year span.

REEKO_HTOWN and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah but I think the lotto odds weren’t flattened back then. Finishing last gave you a much better chance at the #1 pick than it does today.

7. Nook

Nook Member

This assumes that he is a point guard - that he can break down the defense well enough to execute as a point guard. At this point I have not really reached a firm conclusion on that issue, but I will tell you that I have overall received a lot of skepticism. I don't doubt his handle or intelligence, the question is whether or not he is quick enough.

I have been a fan of his since he was in high school - and is a top 5-8 pick in this draft IMO and he could end up higher after I see the film.

I am not concerned about his defense, he has all world hands and is strong and smart - he will be a plus defender. However, he is only 6'2" and has only a 6'3" wingspan, so if he cannot play the point, then he risks being a tweener.

There is also a question about how efficient he will be on more volume shooting. He played a lot of minutes but took only a few shots a game.

8. SamsonCorletwo

Some guys bust them ass just for Combine chance but some born with a golden spoon in his mouth even he playing like **** as a player

#308 SamsonCorletwo, May 13, 2024
    Last edited: May 13, 2024
    slothy420 likes this.
  9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope whomever we draft at 3 morphs into a debilitating negative posting neurosis for Bobby and DD. They need a hater refresh in the worst way.

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some team should draft Bronny and tell Lebron he has to take the minimum if he wants to play with his son

11. Landry's Tooth

No, just leave him in the g league for 2 years..... lebron can ride the bus...

Pistol Pete likes this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

dissappointed in Dillingham's measurements, but you could kinda already see that in film. Wingspan bothers me more than the height. Even in college he's found a way to use his body to shield defenders and get his shot off. Much more difficult in the pros. Also has good control of ball spin off the glass similar to kyrie on lay-up attempts.

I think he has star potential still because of his ability to self create and operate the PnR so well but this does dampen some things. May cap out as a 6th man of the year candidate.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't like his game period. don't see enough separation or fluidity on his J for the pros

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

His game looks very herky jerky. He throws alot of shots that look like won't go in but go in.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya that might work against college scrubs but when defensive closeouts are quicker/longer it'll translate to brickcity :D

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can afford to have a tweener guard who is an elite shooter when you have a 6'7 PG and a point center on the court with them.

sydmill likes this.
  17. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Absolutely no way Capela is worth trading future #1 picks for.

jim1961, cbass and saleem like this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

Just a thought... assuming Minnesota falls...

Naz Reid for #3 saves them cap space.. a team capped out trying to get better would have limited options. They might gamble... he's basically their 3rd center though saw a lot of minutes due to injuries. Minnesota somehow has the highest payroll in the nba next season.

Wouldn't mind him as a stretch big who can defend... can probably play him at 5 or next to Jabari...

Skeptical of his 41% from 3 as he had not shot above 35.1% in his career prior. Only 24 though...

They could definitely use a point to replace Conley and have nearly 150 million on Gobert, KAT, McDaniels, and Reid.

Would need to send salary back but Landale isn't guaranteed...

Might be able to pick up a distant pick back too with some protections.

19. Landry's Tooth

The futures 1s go to Houston... upgrade from Landale and push draft chips out to the future.

Do you want a #3 in THIS draft when we have 6 #1 picks on the roster or take 2 picks from ATL in future drafts that are just top 4 protected at a time we may need cheap talent????

I'd rather have 2 picks likely #5-15 in drafts 3-5 years from now than #3 in this draft.

Just thinking it's a weak draft and we don't need young players at the moment.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Regardless of the disdain for Jalen Green by many on the board, I don’t see anyone in this draft who would be remotely better as a replacement.

Dobbizzle likes this.