1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How is there still a Daryl Strawberry jersey left?

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lol remember that simpsons episode?

rfrocket likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Vaguely. Werent they just chanting/mocking his name?

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I find this rush to rebrand as the Oilers pretty sad. This is being pushed by folks like yourself who have no clue as to just what a pathetic, joke of an organization the Oilers were in the NFL. All you see is those two Luv Ya Blue years with Bum and Earl but that was 45 years ago. Bud Adams f*cked over the city of Houston and its long suffering football fans so much that when he left people were GLAD to see his sorry ass go. As I’ve posted in the past, NOBODY bothered to sue him and the NFL and force them to relinquish the Oilers name and property like what happened in Cleveland.

Now, 28 years later, folks here mistakenly think they can force the league to take away something owned by another team owner and give it to the Texans simply because they want it. The league doesn’t work that way and for them to do so would be creating a dangerous precedent. The McNairs can sue the Titans all they won’t but I just don’t see them winning in court. Their only recourse would be to offer to buy back the Oilers name and intellectual property (good luck with that) and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Bud didn’t put something into his will to prevent that from happening.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

people loved the Oilers and Hated Bud. The only thing which has changed is AMY taking over as the willing Villain.

kdchilds likes this.
  6. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

You missed the entire point of no one wanting the oilers back. Hell the color scheme looks nothing like the Oilers and folks love it. It’s a damn color. Christ. A HOUSTON color. The uniform looks NOTHING like the Oilers.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I have no idea if you're old enough to remember, but I sincerely doubt it. Bud Adams was the villain, NOT THE OILERS.

Rvo384 likes this.
  8. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Oh yes I know he was the Villian. I am saying currently, the Texans aren’t rebranding as the Oilers. The use of a color doesn’t make it so.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This post is all over the place. The Texans new uniforms look absolutely nothing like the Oilers. There is no litigation.

The lawsuit in CLE had zero to do with intellectual property. The city had a legit argument that Modell walked the lease. The settlement was around the colors and team history and Art gladly moved on. I can’t imagine Bud ever doing that. Oh well.

They’re called the Texans. They wear uniforms 14 weeks that look like updated versions of the ones they wore forever. They wear all red once maybe twice. And they wear dark blue that DARES (gasp) to mix in some light blue along with it once maybe twice. There’s no Oiler rebrand here at all.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Thank you.

That dude just has permanent issues and he makes the same version of the same post every year. Its anger towards the Oilers/Bud… and somewhere mention some sort of inferiority complex to Dallas. It’s tired but ever-so consistent. I honestly don’t think he realizes he posts a slightly altered version of the SAME take every time. It’s almost Bot/AI-ish.

As far as all this goes… Houston knows where those memories were made. Every person old enough to remember luv ya blue knows exactly where/when they were when that all went down. Offspring of dead owners and lawyers can do whatever the F they want, but they can’t really change history.

And that is why Titans fans are somewhat annoyed. They’d love it if it was just their own team and they didn’t have to try and honor another cities’ players/memories year after year. They can fully see how spiteful it’s become and they’re now embarrassed and would just like it to stop.

11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I understand. The DALLAS Texans rebranded when they moved to Kansas City and The Chiefs didn't hold Houston Hostage for the TEXANS branding just because they had it for a year in 1960.

From now on, Team Brands should belong to the cities and not the Team Owners. If the NFL doesn't like that, then pay back all the municipal funds they have extorted for new stadiums.

Rvo384 likes this.
  12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

If Oakland ever gets another team, it's going to be really weird for them not to be the Raiders.

MadMax likes this.
  13. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

14. MadMax

Honestly, that shade doesn't even look like the Oiler blue. It's definitely lighter than the dark blue we wear otherwise...but it's not light Columbia blue either.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Official hex code for the Oilers blue is https://www.colorhexa.com/418fde

upload_2024-5-14_13-24-31.png

Titans blue is https://www.colorhexa.com/418fde

[​IMG]

Carolina Panthers blue is https://www.colorhexa.com/0085ca

upload_2024-5-14_13-25-41.png

Htown Blue is https://www.colorhexa.com/0080c5

upload_2024-5-14_13-25-11.png

Detroit Lions blue is https://www.colorhexa.com/0076b6

upload_2024-5-14_13-26-12.png

They get darker as you go fyi.

cmlmel77, Fullcourt and MadMax like this.
  16. MadMax

interesting...I have a difficult time distinguishing between Houston and Carolina on that...but then again, I'm old af!

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Other than Oilers-Titans (for obvious reasons) those two are definitely the most alike of the bunch.

MadMax likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

And unfortunate.

red5rocket likes this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You’re right about the uniform but wrong about the color. The Titans/Adams family have intellectual ownership of the Columbia Blue color. You simply cannot arbitrarily label it a HOUSTON color because you want it t be so. And it would not surprise me one iota if the so-called “compromise” the NFL worked out with the Titans to allow the Texans use of their color translates to them getting a cut of all Texans merchandise sales using that color. Never forget that the NFL is first and foremost about $$$ and NO decision they make is done without consideration of the bottom line.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member