1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have to trade Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PatBev, May 12, 2024.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I see the off-season hasn't stopped the stupid threads.

rockets1995, OremLK, MadMax and 11 others like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cannot wait when Alperen 'introduces' him to the NBA.

3. invocux

invocux Member

He'll drop 32 on his head and get him fouled out in the 3rd quarter but Clingy will dunk on him twice so you are going to have to read bit.ches complain about him not being a shot blocker.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Dude really closed his argument with “As a white man myself it kills me to say it…”

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yep, it's that time of year where the drunk idiots who are virgin thread starters come out of the woodworks with their "ESPN First Takes".

**** 'em all. Keep the core that we've been building and go BPA and add that player to the core. In Ime we trust.

Mr.Scary, arabrocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Its a tough conversation. Obviously, its going to be divided. I like Sengun but you have to have the RIGHT pieces around him to make it fit.

If he could shoot, it would make things easier. If he was taller, it would make it easier as well. I see him more as a Sabonis, than a Jokic, which is why I think Sacramento is limited. Good shooting team but lacks paint presence.

In order for either Sabonis or Sengun to be effective, they have to have size AND shooting next to them.

For example, if the Rockets draft Clingen, then all they need is a shooter at the SF, they have everything else. But with Sengun, you have to add other pieces outside of a shooter, because you still need length to contend with teams in the West.

PatBev likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He might have an agenda tread carefully brothers.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Login to cfans.net to see the same old stupid racist posters are still posting dumbass threads. Cfans never disappoints.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

First there was a Yao, then there was a Yi…..

Wemby, Chet, then a 150 copies of them that are nothing like them. Sengun would still dominate them on offense because he’s crafty, and skilled. As far as defending, this is a point where fans just throw knee jerk reactions into the game. No one is stopping a generational talent once they’ve figured it out, period. If said talent is contained, he only contained himself.

If anyone thinks they can draft guy X, Y, Z to lock up an Embiid, a Jokic, a Giannis, a Davis, they are just delusional, and simply have little basketball knowledge. If/When Wemby or Chet becomes that type of guy, it won’t matter who we have, we just hope to contain them.

Then again, those talents are already having to hope to contain the sensational Sengun. Maybe their teams should draft a replacement center already.

darksoul35 and Gergin like this.
  10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Sengen RN is a borderline AS, will be 22 next year, has players like ANT + KD saying he's a problem and is the Rockets best player at the moment (34th on the best NBA players via NBA.com).

I think it's safe to say this thread is fin. Sengen will be getting the max.

conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No, we dont have to trade Sengun nor should we try to. But I am not sure the Rockets are ready to give him a max deal either.
    If he develops a reliable 3pt shot, then I would wager they would in a heartbeat.

jcmoon likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, what a mind-numbingly stupid thread idea. I feel dumber for reading the OP.

13. cumutk

cumutk Member

We have the best young center in NBA and you want to trade him?
    Go, learn basketball.
    Basketball is played with iq, thats why this leagues best player is Jokic not Gobert...
    What a stoopid thread...
    And we were not better without him, without him this team is a kindergarten team, he and Fred makes this team a real, competitive team.
    Jalen, Jabari and all others still are prospects, Sengun is all star player...
    Really sick of this toxic fans..

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

My draft ranking is:

1.Reed
    2. Clingan
    3. Knecht

15. TheBeastSystem

genius misspelled jalen

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Cringe

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It only makes sense when your team was still doing good without him. Perfect opportunity to clean up on pick(s) and/or Allstar veteran help.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why does Alex Sarr look like Kwame Brown?

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

It's arguable Sengun was snubbed for the All-star game. Although Advanced metrics have limitations, Sengun was right there with the unquestioned best.

And that's with his supposed co-star declining in his 3rd season.

No