1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Luhnow & A.J. Hinch appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Jan 13, 2020.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think I appreciated Hinch as much as he deserved when he was here.

Uprising, 13 in 33 and The Beard like this.
  2. raining threes

Why? He allowed the cheating scandal and blew the chance at another championship.

Rvo384 and IBTL like this.
  3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep. That man said he wished he could have stopped it and broke a tv because he couldn’t lol

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Astros would be more likely to win a World Series with him now. The cheating scandal is the only thing I hold against him.

The Beard and raining threes like this.
  5. raining threes

He easily could have stopped it and chose not too, because of fear of losing the clubhouse.

Rvo384 likes this.
  6. raining threes

I hold the cheating crap more, but make no mistake he choked by not letting a Cy Young winner close out that game. When going for a championship you lose with your best, like Bochy who threw Mad Bum like 3 or 4 innings on 3 days rest. BTW, I said this at the time. Hinch appears to be a nice guy, but no way I ever want him managing the Stros ever again and I really don't understand why he gets all of the love he gets around here.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I disagree that the decision on Cole is a guaranteed win. The players still have to win and he had a good reliever in there.

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

And Cole had already said he didn’t want to come into a game mid inning, which is when everyone wanted him to enter

Hinch was great and we would be MUCH better off if he were still here

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Who threw a great pitch.

Have they done the “HR in x ballparks” thing to that pitch? Can’t be many…. Here, Yankee Stadium, Boston (maybe, depending on the curve) just off the top of my head.

10. raining threes

Nothing in life is guaranteed. But when trying to win a championship you win or lose with your best IMHO. Like Bochy did with Mad Bum. You never know when you'll get that chance again and if the Stros get in that position again I hope Hinch isn't the guy making the call

Rvo384 likes this.
  11. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yep he was scared. Cole was pissed after the game so I don’t buy that he wouldn’t have come in.

raining threes likes this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Didn't Dusty use JP France and Montero instead of Pressly who sat for games 6 and 7? That was far more egregious offense than using an all-star setup man with runners on in late innings.

13. raining threes

This really doesn't matter to me. Dusty wasn't going to use his closer early in a game. Comparing the 2 situations is apples to oranges.