1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets keep this pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, May 12, 2024.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s anchored a top 10 defense and had better defensive ratings than Jabari.

Dobbizzle and saleem like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao 2.0

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

BPA all the way. The scouts will have to do a really good job. Stone needs to work with coach Udoka throughout the process. TF and PF shouldn't call the shots.

4. saleem

The other Thompson twin hasn't been playing since he got diagnosed with blood clots. He can't shoot the ball either.

5. Junebball

Junebball Member

Rob Dillingham should have been a pick, but the presence of Amen complicates things.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure BPA is where you DEFINITELY go at #3 in this class given that there seem to be a LOT of guys rated fairly similar....there's not even a consensus #1 right now.

I think you have to take fit into account if several players are considered about equal prospects.

You have a glaring hole at the 2 & 3 and the team desperately needs shooting so I think you look to fill that spot as essentially a tie breaker.

7. liveguy

liveguy Member

NBA Draft .Net has him mocked at being taken 5th.

8. ball king23

ball king23 Member

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Trade it with another one of our players for another years draft pick and a decent bench player. We've got enough kids.

10. saleem

Your points make sense. I will go with Holland, his motor is high and his defense is good. Risacher might be an inch taller than him. Risacher isn't very fluid and his shooting was poor down the stretch. He should be doing more with his talent and height. I don't think he's a hard worker.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

We need to stay away from any Booker trade. He shrinks in big playoff moments. It would be Harden all over again. Plus he seems to get rattled every time the Rockets play him physical.

12. saleem

Please mention a couple of names.

13. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Don’t over think, get shooting. This sh*t show isn’t getting turned around anytime soon. Lots more lotteries to come.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The good part about this draft is that it shouldn't be THAT controversial given that there's no real "consensus" as to who the Rockets should go with and a lot of guys seem about the same level.

I can't say I've watched enough of the guys to really have one or two guys I think the Rockets HAVE to pick....I wasn't expecting a top 3 pick.

Should be much more friendly than the years of Smith vs Banchero or Green vs Mobley.

I would expect at least 4 strong camps by the end of it.

15. invocux

invocux Member

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Holland has a broken jumper but he has a lot of other tools. If it looked like his jumper could be rehabbed then yeah I’d take him but it looks pretty rough.

17. saleem

The Rockets definitely need additional 3 point shooting, Cam Whitmore can improve his efficiency. Rob Dillingham can shoot 3's and he's quick. His passing is ok. His defense isn't good.

jim1961 and No Worries like this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen his name thrown around quite a bit too, I need to watch more of him.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is Donovan Clingan worth picking at 3?

20. saleem

I think he's better than Garza. He's a low 1st round pick at best. Thanks for your comments.