1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you do with #1?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 12, 2024.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So we can play this for a couple hours to kill time. And maybe even speak it into existence.

Id go Topic over Sarr. I have them as pretty equal in my judgment, but you can never have too many Can create offense finish efficiently, and this helps hedge a little bit if Amen doesnt end up as PG1.

Topic isn’t a great shooter right now, but it doesn’t seem near to the extent of the issues that Thompson has and it seems like he will be able to iron out pretty easily.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade it for a star.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think if the Rockets land #1, and they wont', you have go to with Zaccharie Risacher who seems to be about the safest pick in the class. At worst, he should be a solid 3 and D SF with plus size.

Also, I think potential super large lineups with Sengun, Smith, Risacher, and Amen along with either FVV or Cam would be an interesting look.

In theory that lineup gives you a ton of playmaking, shooting, and defense plus they should absolutely dominate the boards over pretty much any team.

Now, since the Rockets aren't going to get the #1 pick, it doesn't really matter.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Im not sold on Topic. Bad defender and bad shooter but can pass. Very suspect imo.

If i am 1, Im trying my damndest to trade it for a serious improvement but otherwise its either Sarr or Risacher.

pr0wler likes this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I just dont know that #1 in this draft has a significantly more amount of trade value than #9.

BenjaminChen likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hot Topic.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. PatBev

PatBev Member

Take Sarr and be prepared to trade Sengun in a year or two

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Take Saar and bring him along with the others.

9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

If #1, Sarr's a no brainer for Udoka.

A bigger, more athletic, better shooting Time Lord?

(To play alongside Sengun)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd have Saar as my draft pick but I'd be working hard to move out or down and upgrade. Easiest to upgrade the vets like FVV, Brooks, and Adams since we know who those guys are.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe that the Nets pick will end up at either 9 or 10. Risacher isn't worth more than the 4th pick at best.

Plowman likes this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I’d trade #1 for lucky #3.