1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. fattz

fattz Member

Brooks, Tate, Uncle Jeff (if we get a younger big) their time has come and gone. Move them for longevity as our youth starts to develop needing playing time. We need to start churning the back half of the roster for diamonds that can make a long term impact.

Something like:
    Tate for a late FRP -> NYK25th -> Tylor Kolek. He hangs in the background till FVV moves on then takes on the back up roll, on the cheap for the next 6 years. Short term the trade opens up playing time for Tari & Cam. Saves us a little cap space.

Why for NYK Tate helps an already established team get better because they are in win now mode and probably don’t want two late FRPs to develop. With the pick they are on the hook for a roster spot and two years of guaranteed salary. Tate is rotation worthy already, and future trade filler if needed, making him worth the difference in cap.

Win/Win

our total cost nothing. We saved money and open the rotation to worthy young players. AND possibly adding something to mix for our troubles. Shooting / high IQ / passing / team defenseman on a nothing contract that is team controlled. His 15 minutes a game could be the difference between winning and losing.

never stay completely stagnant because everyone else is going to get better or try to.

#2101 fattz, May 11, 2024
    Last edited: May 11, 2024
    sydmill and saleem like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Thanks. I’ll give it a try

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You thinking is correct other than the value you are assigning Tate. I don’t anyone will give a first rounder for him.

theDude likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Perhaps a second round pick between 33 to 36 might help the Rockets if a good player falls there.

fattz likes this.
  5. PatBev

PatBev Member

PG13 always talks good about Green and Sengun. If he knows he’s a role player and 3-4th option I would almost trade the pick and FVV for him. Maybe try to get Harden to come with him

I like what FVV did last year but he sometimes thought himself to be the 1-2 option. I want to get away from that and make the kids figure it out more on there own this year

Nets pick + FVV+ Brooks+ another pick for Harden & PG13.

Harden / Amen
    Green / Whitemore
    PG13 /
    Jabari / Tari
    Sengun / Adam’s

#2105 PatBev, May 12, 2024
    Last edited: May 12, 2024
  6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I’ve come to appreciate Mitchell more. I can get behind a guy who is so so in the regular season, but really locking in the playoffs and then the games I’ve watched his defense has been fine.

Green/Brooks/2025 Nets pick top 4 protected/2027 Rockets FRP/2027 Nets Swap?l if Mitchell would sign max extension.

Sengun/Adams/Landale
    Smith/Eason
    Amen/Knecht
    Mitchell/Cam
    FVV/Amen/FA signing

Corrosion likes this.
  7. HealthyHamstring

TheBeastSystem likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I posted this in another thread but I’d love for the Rox to explore a T. Young deal with the Hawks.

I think Young is being way undervalued right now and would be a case of buying low on an All-Star level player. I know having FVV would be a concern but he’s really on the books for only 1 more season and can play off-ball if needed.

I’d offer #3 and Green for Young right now. Let FVV play the 2 for a year while Cam develops or we are in the market for a SG next offseason (draft or FA).

Strawberry Gum and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

I sort of agree with you (about trae being underrated) but I also don't think we're the right team to cover for his shortcomings on defense

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I do. With Trae, Amen slides to 3. Amen-Smith-Sengun is a pretty damn formidable lineup on defense.

Strawberry Gum and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Hypothetically, Sarr goes first in the draft.

Rockets trade Green for the #2 pick. Washington has crappy guards and he's a proven commodity but he's run his course here.

Rockets then take Clingan at #2 and Sheppard at #3.

Clingan and Sheppard became the bench brigade with Eason and Thompson with Sheppard taking the reigns from FVV his Sophomore season when the FVV contract is not renewed.

2024/5
    PG - FVV (6-0) / Sheppard (6-2) / Holiday (6-2)
    SG - Whitmore (6-7) / Sheppard (6-2)
    SF - Brooks (6-7) / Thompson (6-7)
    PF - Smith Jr (6-11) / Eason (6-8)
    ..C - Sengun (6-11) / Clingan (7-2) / Adams (6-11)

2025/6
    PG - Sheppard (6-2) / Thompson (6-7)
    SG - Whitmore (6-7) / Sheppard (6-2)
    SF - Thompson (6-7)/ 2025 Nets Pick
    PF - Smith Jr (6-11) / Eason (6-8)
    ..C - Sengun (6-11) / Clingan (7-2)

2025 is the year they're 100% Home Grown. . . . And in the WCF vs OKC.

#2112 Rokman, May 13, 2024
    Last edited: May 13, 2024
    wolstein likes this.
  13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green+ Steven Adams for Tyler Herro + FRP (2029-MIA)

The stats on Herro and Green are almost identical, but Herro shoots the 3 much better. Herro misses lots of games, but then again, Green kind of does, too.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

What? Green played 82 games last year and 76 the year before. Herro has never played more than 67 games and averages like 50 games. Say what you will about Green, the dude doesn’t miss games.

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. fattz

fattz Member

Ingram, Murphy #17 & #21
    For
    Green, Brooks & Tate #3

Pelican potential is through the roof with Green & Zion plus #3 (I wouldn’t bet on it ever happening though) If they can figure it out they will be great.

We get a star not the biggest or brightest one but he still a star. We are growing some of our own talents anyway. Ingram fits in with the core and is a fundamentally sound player capable of playing 2-4. His age is still considerably young for the amount of time he has been in the league. He should hit his prime on his next contract as a Rocket.

Murphy brings shooting. He is sneaky good and is up for a new contract. Maybe a S&T next season. With the return being a needed piece going forward.

FRP 17 & 21 sound like throw-ins but they are key to our future success. The top of this draft is flat but the mid first round is loaded with solid role players with potential to maybe be more. We can clean up on some of the older draftees. Their age will match the same age or maybe even be older than some of our players. They will be more functional in their roles because they will have more experience with what will be asked of them. Drafting seniors and juniors does have some advantages. Coach can actually play (trust) them because of their on the court maturity. Yes, there will be some growing pains but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are going through the process in vain. Coach doesn’t seem the type to hold hands and babysit. Some player are pushed down in the draft because of age, we are at the point of older players being an asset. They will be on a 2 year contract at nearly minimum salary that can turn into 4 more years of team controlled budgeting very easily. Not everyone has to be a star for a team to work.

We get our star and he fits, shooting and role players. While opening the roster up to players that fit our current roster and system.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Massive overpay.

saleem likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

By which team?

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I quite like your idea - so I'm wondering if the Pelicans would see the value in it?
    #3 for Ingram seems like just under the kind of value one might expect for a top 3 pick (possibly an low level all-star might be expected) but is that the kind of thing that works with this years draft? Possibly!

The only problem is that the Pelicans probably prefer to defer the Lakers pick obligation to next year - which they can do. So they would only have #21 - so perhaps having them throw in a future first might be a way to make it work out?

Corrosion likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member