1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably another pick swap that is complicated in 2025.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s hyperbole. If you are a bottom 3 team, you can afford a 4 year audition at $15m a year. It sucks that the likelihood of getting a great player is low, but the cost of finding out is not the problem. And you don’t have to pick up their option. Besides, if you draft someone horrible, you’re probably going to get another shot at it next year.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

I heard on Clutchfans that Amen is going to learn how to shoot this offseason. I guess he never worked on shooting before. I’m wondering if he’s learned to shoot yet?

saleem and CantStopJG24 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Players Association steps in and declares every Top 3 - 4 pick as the same no matter how talented ....lol.

Equality for everyone.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. Houston77

Supporting Member

Any interest in including Bari in a trade towards Brandon Ingram?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

HELL no. I would MAYBE take on ingram in a pure salary dump as long as there's no intention to resign him, but under no circumstances would i give up anything of value for him

Rudyc281 and Strawberry Gum like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

ive come to the conclusion that if we just stay patient with our prospects we are gonna be in great shape. I can’t get past BI’s injury issues and questionable motor. Sure I’d sign him, but I don’t want to give up real assets for him. I only want to give up significant assets for a Doncic-level player and I’d be shocked if one of those kinds of players becomes available. I think folks are gonna see a huge Bari leap in year 3.

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If you are posting this here, I'm assuming you are suggesting for the Rockets to trade Sengun and bring Jonas to Houston. @AroundTheWorld will not be happy.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I honestly pray they don’t draft a player with the pick. Package it with Brooks and get a disgruntled vet or something. I’m not going another year watching a kid who can’t shoot. With these older teams looking vulnerable, now is the time you make a serious run at the playoffs. Stop banking on the young players eventually getting it together.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know. Even if the draft turns out to be so subpar, paying some dude $8,000,000 per season for 3 or 4 seasons isn't as bad as teams doling out gigantic un-deserved contracts. Bradley Beal makes how much money? And plays how many games per season?

theDude and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hear you, but I think our young guys are coming along. I expect Bari and cam to shoot 38% or better from 3 next season. Let’s just say that the core 6 and Fred are off the table, as well as the 25’ & 26’ Brooklyn picks since those drafts are supposed to be special.

What does 24’, 27’, 29’, Dillon Brooks, and Tate/Landale/Adams/Uncle Jeff get us? I feel like that can get us a Markkanen. He’s on a very short list for me of potentially available difference-making players.

#475 Aruba77, May 10, 2024
    Last edited: May 10, 2024
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Id trade some of those picks with Jabari so quick. Jabari is part of the core 6 because he’s young and got drafted recently. It’s just a technicality. I don’t see him having enough upside to worry about him breaking out. He’ll never be a first or a second option on a team that is going to win. He has so many weaknesses that it’s almost impossible to imagine that happening. You can trick yourself with Jalen but Jabari is damn near impossible to imagine that.

16. cbass

cbass Member

Except that it’s incredibly easy to imagine Jabari being a quality, winning player. 6’10” switchable shooter. Rashard Lewis with defense. A dude like that can play in literally any offensive or defensive system with no plays called for him and still be a hugely useful and beneficial player.

Not hard at all to imagine Jabari averaging 18/9 with quality defense. You don’t give dudes like that away, every team needs them

Y2JT, Rudyc281 and Strawberry Gum like this.
  17. Houston77

Supporting Member

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That’s a lot to give up for an expiring contract. I assume you’re anticipating a max extension, which is a lot for a player who misses 1/4 to 1/3 of every season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

This is basically everyone these days lol

theDude likes this.