1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Bronny to sign Lebron after he opts out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

LeBron's doing the same thing D-Wade did with his oldest son. Bronny is in no way cut out for the NBA right now. Let him stay in college then try to break into the league, worked for Gary Payton Jr and Seth Curry.

The ambition of playing alongside his son is overcoming sound judgment.

topfive likes this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I don't care if we got the 29 year old LeBron (much less 39), I despise him so much I wouldn't take him as a vet min FA at this point.

He's a self righteous, greedy hypocrite - and a pompous a@@.

3. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Not to mention a complete imbecile

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Hypocrite how? Honest question. He is pompous, but almost every elite pro athlete is, some just hide it better than others. As for being self righteous, I don't really mind athletes having an opinion.

I disagree strongly with "greedy", though. I don't know how he is anymore greedy than any other athletes who've reached his level of success. He has donated millions to a handful of great and worthwhile causes. Michael Jordan for example... that mother f--ker was (and is) greedy as all hell, but if you're like most LeBron haters, I'm guessing you put him on a pedestal. But if you don't, then I'm sorry for the digression lol, but my point stands.

Basically I think half the traits you listed are things people arbitrarily assign to any celebrities they decide they don't like for other reasons.

#64 SuperMarioBro, May 6, 2024
    Last edited: May 6, 2024
    topfive likes this.
  5. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

Lemme just point out that even if Lebron is willing to sign with whoever drafts Bronny, we don't have anything more than the Mid level exception to offer him right now, and to get to a max we'll need to trade away either Fred Van Vleet or Dillon + just about everything that's not nailed down.

Of course IF Lebron is willing to take the mid level for some reason then this idea might be justified, but color me skeptical.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LeBron 'misinformed' James.

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

He plays the role of speaking out for the downtrodden but yet when Morey texts about Hong Kong and China, he goes after #1 - himself and his money. Talk about stay in your lane.

Why would he say that if it wasn't for his shoe money. He obviously didn't care about the people of Hong Kong. So why would he make the statement? Because he didn't want to upset Chine. That speaks volumes of his character - which he pretends to be loaded with but he is in reality bankrupt. And don't give me things he's donated - it's purely to make himself look better, publicity and a tax write off.

And what I didn't mention was you don't think he won't get disruptive when Bronny doesn't get the playing time he thinks he "deserves". HARD PASS on him and his son anywhere around this team.

#67 ArtV, May 6, 2024
    Last edited: May 6, 2024
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My take on Lebron's character etc. is that the guy at least cares to try, and present some level of a moral compass, and values. I mean to the best of my knowledge, he's a good/faithful husband, and good father. He's obviously a hard worker, and shows high levels of dedication. Off the court he wants to do what he can to speak out about what he thinks is right, etc.

However we all know it comes off kind of goofy, and sanctimonious at best. We all know that, and eye roll sometimes when he tries to be Ali or Kareem. But I don't fault him for trying, and if that's his greatest sin... being a bit silly, and sanctimonious along with being a bad evaluator of NBA talent to partner with, that's really not that bad in the grand scheme of human travesties & triumphs.

Lebron is kind of annoying as a person, but I appreciate him trying. As a basketball player... yeah nobody that I can recall has been able to do what he's done for such a long period of time consistently. That doesn't happen just because of good genes. The guy has a ton of dedication off the court, and a level of professionalism that few in this modern era have.

Do I want him on the Rockets though at this age.... probably not. It would be a weird fit, and I don't think it would help him or the Rockets out long term. He'll likely retire a Laker in two or three seasons. Lebron will want that Kobe retirement tour around the league. Then being in LA helps him transition into whatever media plan he has up his sleaves.

Dobbizzle and topfive like this.
  9. SuraGotMadHops

LeBron is going to decimate whatever franchise he goes to next. That team is going to have to burn a draft pick, possibly semi-early, on a kid that is Taiwan league at best, just to get LeBron who is going to require that same team to financially overhaul its roster to pay him, because he will not take a discount. He will show up his coach and GM because he thinks he's smarter and more important than everybody in the organization.

LeBron can eat a bag.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Giant hypocrite. He only acknowledges slavery that was eradicated in the United States in 1860’s and speaks out on Morey being critical of China, the largest slave owning society in the world, because of the dollars he makes off of their indentured servants. He has spoken of the NBA owners as the modern equivalent of plantation owners while taking every dollar he can muster from them. Then he has the audacity to call out how unfair the refs are when the Lakers wouldn’t have even sniffed the play-in without their historic advantage in fouls +-. He is a full on ass and I don’t want him anywhere near our franchise.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope people realize that I only started this thread because

it's the offseason for us and people need something to talk about.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

This is such a shallow, and played-out argument. You could say that about literally every single famous wealthy person who has ever donated anything... And wouldn't you rather someone do the right thing for the wrong reasons than do the wrong thing, period? Plus, a prominent figure doing good sets a great example for others. It's arguably much more valuable than doing it anonymously. Also every time people throw around the word "tax write off", it reminds me of that Kramer scene in Seinfeld... Charitable write offs are not free money. Just a bit of a discount on your taxes for giving away much more money elsewhere.

Also, what evidence is there that LeBron is bankrupt? I'm curious if this is just more empty hate or if there really is any substance there.

I thought we had grown past the nonsensical 'Bron hate, but it seems to have somehow gotten worse. I guess he'll just have to wait until five years after retirement like most elite pro athletes.

#72 SuperMarioBro, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 7, 2024
  13. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I would cut the Rockets out of my life for that year or 2.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LBJ has been a helluva player for a long time. That said, in spite of the greatness, longevity, and titles, I see Lebron as the False Prophet, who has quit, done the superteam thing multiple times(including The Decision), and pretended to care about a host of stuff off the court that he knows nothing about. I realize he's helped a lot of underprivileged kids. But, to me he's a disengenous dude, who lacks character.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

He's far from perfect... Still less of an @sshole than Jordan lol.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The worst part is the hypocrisy.

cbass likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Of course they do. They'll happily waste a 2nd-rounder and a roster spot on him to keep Daddy happy.

If I'm the Magic, I'd use my #47 pick on Bronny (Lakers have #48), then force LA so give me something of greater value for his rights.

19. cbass

cbass Member

Quality Norm (RIP) reference