1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Thunder are trying to stay alive in Dallas -- it's Game 6. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is, a lot of the things you mentioned are the same rights a lot of right wing extremists and MAGA folks want to take away too. I agree with your point, and sure as hell don't agree with governments making laws where it's ok to take away people's rights to live as they want peacefully, or kill or stone people to death because of their religious beliefs. That's why I avoid countries like that. It's also why I think the right wing politicians and extremists are dangerous too, because they want to enforce their beliefs into law, even if it means stripping rights from law abiding non-violent people who are simply living life different than they want them to. Embrace diversity, condemn all violent acts, arrest all the perpetrators of violence, and don't force religions into laws.

#4462 deb4rockets, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

5. Buck Turgidson

They why do you constantly b**** about things happening in America?

astros123 likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1) Take a globe
    2) Find America on it

7. Buck Turgidson

Right, been there, done that.

Why do you care so much about the places you have nothing to do with?

astros123 likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just because some people haven't seen much of the world and do not understand that ideologies know no borders (especially in the age of social media) doesn't mean that's also the case for others.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

The people love Trump!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Buck Turgidson

I been all around, it's just weird how much you care about things (here in the US, too) that do not affect you at all but are REALLY IMPORTANT to you at 2000 miles away.

I would hate to be a member of your HOA. You're that lady, there's that person in every HOA.

astros123 likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Never done anything in the HOA but pay my fees, play tennis, go to the two neighborhood BBQs per year.

You keep making up stuff.

Again, it's fine if you don't intellectually grasp that global movements eventually affect people locally, but you can just keep asking questions.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The people in Canada weren't really asked if they wanted so many of these guys that they will eventually become the majority in many of their cities. The people in Brussels weren't asked. The people in Malmö/Sweden weren't asked. The people in many towns in Germany weren't asked.

Guess what, you might have more of them in a small town in Texas sooner than you thought, if you don't watch it.

And then you will wonder "why did that guy worry about places far away"?

13. Buck Turgidson

Think globally, act locally.

I mean, you can't even get rid of an iguana without help ;)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

How many threads are you going to SPAM with this same Xeet?

astros123 likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

More if it triggers you.

16. Buck Turgidson

It's cool, we have enough Germans around here, and a few more won't hurt much (except the old timers who are out of their clique and complain about "the god**mn dutchmen"). Mexicans are great too, never had a complaint about one.

Who is the "them" you're talking about?

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Germans and Dutchmen (nowadays) aren't trying to take away any of your freedoms. "Them" are proponents of political Islam, like the man in the video. Biggest threat to freedom and peace, globally.

18. Buck Turgidson

Oh...I'm not worried about "them" then at all. Not worried about ze germans either.

You did remind me of this story I'd posted here before:

Since it's Thanksgiving, here's a good Holiday story: The Time the Nazi Came to Dinner

Early 80's-ish, so after the big meal we're chilling in my grandparent's living room in front of the fireplace and tv, great-uncle Vernon is in a recliner, I'm over in another chair, several other people around watching the UT or Cowboys game or whatever, people/relatives are around outside "visiting" and such, and some random relative comes in to introduce his grandfather. Then people got to talking...next thing I know Vernon is mentioning the Battle of the Bulge and the Ardennes and all that, he's sat up in the recliner and started tapping his cane repeatedly on the floor and then says "YOU'RE ONE OF THE SONSOBITCHES THAT WAS SHELLING US" and almost started to try and get out of the chair (guy was about 85 at this point). "Oh no, no, we were just an infantry unit"...."OH, SO YOU WERE JUST SHOOTING US THEN? YOU ******* SONSO...."

At this point the poor guy realized he was not welcome and whoever he was with helped make his exit to the yard.

My great uncle and grandfather did not have fond memories of combat, WW2 or Korea.

#4478 Buck Turgidson, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That story was confusing, and where was the evidence of anyone there being a Nazi? But checks out that you were into the Cowboys.

20. Buck Turgidson

Because the guy said something along the lines of "oh you were in the war?"...and he was in Infantry (no SS) Division Whatever...at that place, at that time, so that's what set it off. It was fun for us kids to watch.

mdrowe00 likes this.