1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Lebron, Durant or Curry In The 2nd Round For The First Time Since 2005

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I think next year will be a LOT different. Teams will not be looking the same.

2. Mr. Dominant

What if Lebron, KD and Curry team up somehow?

ramotadab likes this.
  3. Mr. Dominant

It’s Ant time.

clos4life and Prince_Hakeem like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The comeback of the banana boat crew...

ramotadab likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That would be amazing... in 2018. :D

clos4life and jim1961 like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Some will. Some are locked into the players they have.

7. Mr. Dominant

You’re saying a team with Lebron, KD, and Curry in 2025 isn’t champ worthy? They are old yes but I think they can win a title together.

ramotadab likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Depends on who is around them.

If surrounded by all vet minimum contract guys, then not champ worthy IMO. (see Suns)

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

eh, it's not impossible. Would depend heavily on three things: all three being healthy in the playoffs (< 40% odds, I'd say); strong supporting cast of dedicated role players; and a relatively down year / freak injuries on other teams, like when the Worriers won their most recent 'chip.

We always have bias for past performance in sports. But on paper, that would be an interesting grouping for sure, especially b/c KD and Curry played well together previously. I'm not sure any team could get all three unless they reworked their deals and/or one went significantly below market value.

clos4life and ramotadab like this.
  10. StroudAndYorDaddy

they still aint gon win shat

11. Mr. Dominant

What if Lebron and KD take a huge pay cut to join Curry in GSW? I think they will be UNSTOPPABLE even if they are old.

Starting lineup:
    Curry
    Klay
    Green
    Lebron
    KD

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I am curious, were these players your first generation of NBA stars? I remember how hard it was to realize that Dream could not cut it anymore. It is amazing what they have done at their age with current training methods and technology, but age gets everyone eventually. Even Jordan couldn't cut it anymore at some point. All of those guys need good young players around them, not aging former stars.

B-Bob and Bobbythegreat like this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If these 5 guys were on the same team, starting all of them wouldn't be the way to maximize their success IMO. Klay and Draymond would be best off the bench. Maybe sub out LeBron early and bring him back in early to get a lot of mins with the second unit.

Curry, LeBron, KD and two players off the street would be a great closing unit.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

A new guard is emerging in the NBA. The old stars are fading away.

roslolian, clos4life and A_3PO like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Bronny sucks he can join Thanasis on the bench. Rox spent a 22nd pick on JG's BFF. Lakers draft players who can't play all the time like Jalen Hood Schafino. If all it takes is undrafted/2nd round Bronny to make LeBron happy then that's a small price to pay.

But if I'm LeBron I wouldn't pull strings like these cuz it's gonna be hell on Bronny. It's better for Bronny to go undrafted and play in GLeague or abroad than get drafted because of LeBron cuz that would be the ultimate disrespect to Bronny as his own player.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That lineup would get cooked. Anthony Edwards would drop 60 on them. Jokic would have a field day. No point of attack defense and no shot blocker.

They're too old to defend at playoff intensity.

The offense would be good but teams would just run Klay off the line and sag off Draymond like they already do with the Warriors.

Lebron had the right idea when he initially recruited Anthony Davis. As these guys age they're better served being a #2 or #3 guy with another guy being the primary option and athleticism around them to cover up their weaknesses. Not saying AD is a true #1 but that was the plan.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol why stop there and not swap Klay and Draymond for Brunson/Shai and OG.

I do not know but Joker is not looking like himself these Playoffs so far......fishy.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  19. Mr. Dominant

No sir, not my first generation of stars, I just really think Lebron/KD/Steph can compete for a title together in 2025 given the right supporting cast. Curry is just so much fun to watch as a shooter, it's going to be sad for him to retire soon. I hate the Warriors because of the league rigging it for them when it was Rockets time to win a chip with Harden, but I'm a big Curry fan in terms of his shooting ability.

clos4life likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we are tackling the most egregious, and lopsided cases with underdogs, the Sacramento Kings should have won the Championship over Shaq and Kobe in the first place.