1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Presidents of Harvard, MIT, Penn, Columbia should be forced to resign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Probably the same way you right wing whackjobs got to believing the election was stolen.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I don't need to google Arab leadership with Nazi Germany - nor do I need to look up the IRA collaboration with the German Nazi's.

I don't know why you put "Zionists" in quotes - but I already addressed the topic that the collaboration ended in 1939 and not 1941 like I believed. I haven't looked at the topic in a decade.

Regardless it has ZERO to do with 2024 and the Palestinians and the Israeli's.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Salvy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

6. tinman

Supporting Member

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Real brothers don’t believe in the woke antifa kids

12. Nook

Nook Member

AroundTheWorld, ROXRAN and tinman like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

There have been Jews in Iraq for 2,500 years. There have never been the majority, but they have been there and Iraq actually became the most important country for Jews after the fall of Judea. Having said that - Babylonians were there first, and a few other groups. The Jews in Iraq never really assimilated in Iraq though.

There being Jews before Muslims in Iraq means nothing though. Islam isn't a race - and those Babylonians were forced into Islam. In fact there are a number of Arabs that will in private complain that they wish their part of the world had never fallen to Islam for a number of reasons - including their success in a polytheistic system.

The Bavlim have largely left Iraq - those that did not on their own move to Israel or India, were forced out after Iraqi independence.

At this point - if any group has claim to Iraq it would be the Assyrians, who were in Iraq before the Jews or the Babylonians that are now Arab Muslims in the borders of Iraq.

The topic of Jews and Arabs in the middle east is very complicated. When the Ottoman Empire fell, and the Brits took over - many of the leaders in the Middle East stated that if an Israeli state was created, that the Jews in the neighboring Middle Eastern nations would be forced out. The Partition Vote was one of the worst decision made over the last 125 years and set up a lot of the conflicts in the Middle East to this day. It all but guaranteed violence against and by both the Jews and the Muslims in that region of the world.... and we are still dealing with it.

From a historical standpoint, probably the worst thing that happened to the Middle East was the spread of Islam in the 7th century. The Middle East was a fairly successful and powerful region when it was Polytheistic. After Islam took over - the situation deteriorated. Now the region has essentially been under the thumb of some other entity - from Islamic rules, to the Turks, to the Brits, the US and now possibly the Jews.

As for the perspective of other minority groups in the Middle East - there are a lot of them but their numbers are not strong, a lot of stateless groups that have been around a long time. I have mostly heard complaints about Fundamentalist Islam and the USA. A hatred and distrust towards Fundamentalist Islam is almost universal...... I would say 75% of those I have spoken in the minority groups have a negative opinion or cautious approach to the USA. There are some that REALLY love the USA but as many that hate the USA because of their involvement in the region........ as for Jews, they are not really well liked either. The Assyrians I know do not trust Israel or Islamic leaders and think the USA has zero understanding of the Middle East.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what does the IRA have to do with "Zionists" and the Arabs cooperation with Hitler?

AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  15. basso

Supporting Member

oh.

16. basso

Supporting Member

would.jpeg

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seems like only a matter of time before the proud boy’s and co. figure out how to instigate these protests to try and villainize “the left” and spark an Islamophobia outbreak. I assume tonight or tomorrow night you’ll probably see viral grainy videos and pics of the infamous BURNING TRASHCAN!!

On the other hand the protest organizers are probably hurting their cause more than they think. Only thing they are doing is driving down support for politicians around the globe who are the only people who care to actually help the Palestinians by propagandizing against these liberal leaders like Biden who are actually trying to solve the situation with two sides that don’t actually want to solve the situation.

I want to know why the protests aren’t at their core anti Netanyahu and Hamas?? It doesn’t make sense to me to demonize the only guy trying to help just because you know the other two parties who actually make the decisions here stopped caring what they thought a long time ago.

I heard one organizer say that they believe it’ll be better to show suffering to make change later on by punishing Biden next year. Like how freaking stupid do you have to be??? Some people just crave being the victim when they really aren’t in harms way at all while the real victims would probably do anything to help Biden or other world leaders actually solve the problem to end their suffering and create a safe state without Hamas making their lives worse.

B-Bob and rocketsjudoka like this.
  18. basso

Supporting Member

equating Netanyahu and Hamas is quite a take.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like an encampment was dismantled with many arrests at U Wisconsin Madison today.

The encampment at the U of Mn still remains and student protesters met with the school
    President today.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member