1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft Bronny to sign Lebron after he opts out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Apr 30, 2024.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I always viewed the "I want to play with Bronny" thing as having a silent [if he plays in LA or New York or maybe Cleveland or Miami] attached to it. I don't see LeBron coming here for any reason honestly.

Also, there's going to be all kinds of behind-the-scenes f***ery going on about Bronny's draft position to engineer him going to a franchise LeBron wants to play for, I guarantee it.

Basically this just isn't something I see happening at all.

Even if it somehow did, I'm not sure how much good it would do us having Bron come in and basically take over the organization. I don't think this team + LeBron wins a championship at this phase in his career. We'd make the playoffs and probably be in about the same boat as the Lakers were this season. Maybe if we're lucky make it to the second round

slothy420 likes this.
  2. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

I’d rather try to trade for Devin Booker than bring in LeBron just for a few years and trade away all of our picks and assets

3. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Draft Bronny and sign Lebron to the vets minimum. Then when eligible trade them for someones future 1st round picks.

Jontro and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lebron doesn't really have irrational fans though, they know hes nearly 40 years old and hes accomplished a ton. We didn't really have an issue with Westbrook fans on this board, and he has a ton of irrational fans that think hes the GOAT. The only semi controversial thing that would come up is debates about being better than Jordan, and Jordan is not competing with him for minutes, so I don't see an issue.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lebron's press conferences, and off court / near court antics come across as very self centered, but when it comes to playing I don't see how he would hurt the team. He is probably one of the highest basketball IQ players to ever play, he won't tolerate people slacking off or making mental mistakes, this seems like it would help the young guys. He would bring some legitimacy from the beginning. I don't think he would hold back a player from a development standpoint because he is playing the right way, and we can not baby these guys forever, our guys are entering year 3 and 4, other than Amen who seems more mature than the guys with a couple years on him from an experience standpoint. Lebron James wouldn't be the reason a player is not developing in year 3 or 4, that is on that player at that point.

The one issue I can see is if him coming means that not only does Bronny get drafted, but he demands minimum minutes for him, in that case it can hold back the development of someone like Cam or whoever is losing minutes over it. We are essentially talking about replacing Dillon Brooks with Lebron James here, seems like an easy choice if it were one.

Dobbizzle and Mr.Scary like this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No, because we would have to trade all our assests to win now and even with Lebron this team would still not be ready to win right away.

jim1961 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron is the superstar version of a soon to be retired player.

A special farewell tour.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cannot be worse than Jalen fans......

Jerry Lin, YOFs, Tracy fans, Harden bois.......one KPJ homie.....

BallSoHarden and Downtown Sniper like this.
  10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If you sign LeBron you're probably gonna have to trade every pick available to build out the team because that's just how LeBron teams operate. And look at it this way, no one on the team is currently better than Anthony Davis, who just had a 65 game All NBA 1st or 2nd team worthy season and still lost with LeBron. What's the point of putting up with all the bullshit that comes with being a LeBron team if you're not at least gonna win a championship?

cbass, Downtown Sniper and OremLK like this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

No way I'd want LeBron on the Rockets.

All I want to see is some team draft Bronny, with absolutely zero interest in then welcoming LeBron to the team. Effectively ruining any chance LeBron has of playing with him. That'd be hilarious to me.

slothy420 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I’d do it just to see the dynamic between him and Ime :D

The revenue for the team would be huge and they would probably be top 6 in the west. At the very least you make the Lakers think you are drafting Bronny!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lebron retires before he leaves LA for the Rockets.

Also Bronny is going to have a massive cloud hanging over him as a Nepo baby. If he looks like a player similar to a Josh Christopher and is taken anywhere close to the first round the league is going to put a massive target on his back.

It would probably be a smart thing for Lebron to come out and say that he doesn’t want a team to take him just to appease him and how he wants him to prove himself. Otherwise he’ll be clowned on a nightly basis.

jim1961 and Easy like this.
  14. invocux

invocux Member

His kid is walking cardiac arrest and he's 2 years away from developing Alzheimer's. We should stay away from disabled people in the offseason.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No thank you

jim1961, clos4life and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Probably got a better chance landing KD than Booker.

19. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

LeBron may be the player coach of the Lakers next year

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is like getting one of Michael Jackson’s kids and thinking he’s going to sing Billie Jean

nah
    @Jontro
    @Os Trigonum

Jontro likes this.