1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Maps Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Buck Turgidson

I didn't pay much attention to it other than the obvious one. I only posted it to further the education of @Xerobull.

Next task: convincing him that not all redheads look alike. That post will be in the PG-13 forum.

boomboom likes this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

3. Buck Turgidson

Where is Kelvin when you need him?

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

/thread

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Seventh grader me finds this freakin' hilarious.

Deckard and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I'd love to do that drive.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.47.25 AM.png

ima_drummer2k and boomboom like this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The word comfortably is extremely vague, even by their definition…:cool:

……
    ……
    ……

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Monkeys, Nolan? Habitat of the common Squirrel Monkey:

[​IMG]

Monkey Business
    In 2008, a man named Jeff Tuthill told ComicBookResources.com his sordid tale of a mail-order monkey mishap. As a kid in the early 1970s, Tuthill was reading a Spider-Man comic when he spotted an ad for a live monkey, which promised to bring “joy” to one's household. To make sure his parents didn’t get wise, he had the primate delivered to a friend’s house.

“When he called, I rode over on my bike,” Tuthill said. “It came in this little cardboard box. I mean, I’m saying small. It was probably the size of a shoebox, except it was higher. It had a little chicken wire screen window in it. There was a cutout. All you could see if you looked in there was his face.”

Tuthill carried the monkey home and brought it to his basement, where he expected it to join his menagerie of rabbits and gerbils. Rather than settle in, the monkey began using the plumbing pipes as a jungle gym. When Tuthill grabbed it, the monkey began gnawing on his arm “like a drill press.”

A trip to the emergency room resulted in Tuthill receiving 28 stitches. Surprisingly, his parents allowed him to keep the monkey, which he named Chipper. Books and trial and error gave him some rudimentary knowledge of how to care for it. (Peanuts and seedless white grapes were appealing; bananas were not.) Chipper also enjoyed riding on the back of the family’s border collie, cowboy-style. When Chipper was about 5 years old, he died suddenly. Tuthill suspected a possible wasp sting but could never be sure.
    Chipper was a squirrel monkey, a popular species in the exotic pet trade that the National Resources Defense Council describes as needing an “insane” amount of care. Because they're prone to destructive tendencies, few primatologists would ever advocate for keeping them in residential captivity. But in the 1960s and '70s, a kind of squirrel monkey fever took hold; more than 173,000 of the animals were imported to the United States from Peru and Colombia, where they would then be sold via private dealers and comic or magazine ads, including the Warren horror publications like Creepy and Eerie. A number of dealers including Animal Farm peddled the primates. It was easy to fall for their tiny bodies and cartoonish, inquisitive expressions.

One ad read:
    “This Squirrel Monkey makes an adorable pet and companion. Almost human with its warm eyes, your family will love it. These young monkeys grow about 12 inches high. Eats same food as you, even likes lollipops; simple to care for and train. Live delivery guaranteed.”

None of the ads mentioned two common squirrel monkey traits: throwing feces and frequent masturbation. (Nonhuman primates are believed to practice self-love to eliminate low-quality sperm; the tossing of a turd might be out of frustration.)
    The 1959 comic book ad below offered a live Squirrel Monkey to anyone willing to hand out coupons. Others offered to send you one for less than $20 (map not included!), which would be over $200 today. I saw dozens of these and similar ads back in the day. They were somewhere in comic books for years, when comic books were cheap.

[​IMG]

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/648321/when-comic-books-sold-live-monkeys

boomboom likes this.