1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFF Season : You're the GM - How do you fix <insert disappointing team>

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Apr 29, 2024.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tell Charlotte tough luck we're moving the team to Seattle, but you can keep the Hornets naming rights so you've got that going for you.

Problem solved.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think about this often but I would prefer to be GM of NHL, MLB or NFL before NBA because there are multiple ways to build a winning team.
    NBA is basically all about whether the best player on your roster is NBA top 10.
    If winning was the only object: the rational approach would be to keep tanking over and over until a pick shows signs of being top 10 NBA player.
    If ticket sales is the owners goal, just be in the Eastern conference and sign decent free agents every year to get a 7-8 seed.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I felt he should have gotten some burn

Rocket River

tinman likes this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL, it really cracks me up to see folks here pay respect to Bol Bol because of his fluke game against the Rockets. He is not a very good NBA player.

I think the issue will be settled this summer. He's unrestricted and we'll find out how much NBA teams value him. My guess is he'll get another minimum contract to sit on someone's bench.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bol Bol has guard skills in a 7 foot 2 body

Vogel sucks as a coach, it's obvious because they got swept

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No NBA team will take Beal in a trade with the Suns because of his contract. He's guaranteed to be on their payroll the next 3 seasons. He's also the only player in the NBA with a no-trade clause.

Regardingt he Pels, I left something off: Alvarado must go. If they keep McCollum, his backup must have actual PG skills. Alvardo was so bad against against OKC they absolutely cannot bring him back. When a rotation player brings absolutely nothing to the table on either end of the floor, you gotta cut bait. He's become the Daishen Nix of the Pels.