1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tank Dell was shot in Florida (is fine minor injury)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by don grahamleone, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

After you're done blaming black people for violent crime lets talk about how most sexual predators are white, "christian" men.

cbass, Blatz and Red.Glare like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time he was doing nothing wrong.

He'll learn from it.

ROCKSS, DonnyMost, TheJet and 2 others like this.
  3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It could've been much worse, And also great advice by the older fellows - Tank please take the advice - older peeps aren't smarter just wiser thru life experiences -hopefully Tank takes this as a learning experience to move forward and it's all good

4. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

You're right. Let's not talk about it. After all, who cares, right? Not our problem. When's kickoff?

5. Buck Turgidson

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

SOCIETY HAS NEVER CARED ABOUT POOR BLACK COMMUNITIES. Black on black crime is an economic by product of the lack of investment in black communities and education. Look at what the state has down to HISD. Converting school libraries to basically in-school prisons. The state needs to keeps those private prisons/jails in business once those kids turn 18. It is not even hidden anymore. Youtubers and TikTokers joke how being white gives them privileges. Everyone knows it, nobody cares. Black people can’t do it on their own, don’t have the economic power. Black communities have much blame to go around, however, we pay taxes too. We should expect the same resources as others.

K9Texan, cbass, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It's your right to say that "blacks cause the most violent crime". It becomes a slippery slope when a certain segment of people think they are devoid of culpable representation in these societal defects. To your point though YES this place should remain a sanctuary from the "real world" and allow a brotherhood to flourish within a shared goal/dream. Unfortunately we have reached the zenith of our usefulness to society when we pick sides among the detritus. There is plenty of blame to go around.

K9Texan and Blatz like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

In order to start that, we need this non-Black record owners to stop trying to push thug culture via rap songs since those are the only types of rap songs they approve nowadays. we need to eliminate what caused the disruption of the nuclear black family in the 50s, back when Blacks had lower divorce rates than Whites and a Black middle class was growing fast. See back then, Blacks were on the come up. It is like something happened beginning in the late 60s that was designed to keep some minority groups down and relying on the government. Do this for generations and it sows deep

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

But it is true young Black males have the absolute highest rates of violent crime in America, and this is in nearly every city big or small in America, but that of course doesn't tell the whole picture. It didn't just happen overnight. There were systematic things at play that did this. For example the violent crime comes from single mother households mainly. Two parent and single dad households don't have the same issues

ROXRAN and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Many things can be true when looking to blame something. School shootings. Sexual predators. Insider trading. I can say that 93% of sexual predators consider themselves religious and be within my statistical right to say so, but it doesnt mean I feel that all faith based people are bad. I dont think the same applies when the violent crime rhetoric is distributed towards black America because they imply all black people are violent and that is what I gathered from the original post I responded to. An overwhelming sentiment among white America and how the problems can be easily explained away. I agree that there is a long, systemic pattern, but you will never reach the target audience with that position because they have dug in beliefs that will never be swayed to take accountability or ever deem corrective action was necessary in the first place.

11. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in complete agreement.

12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I think black America is the victim of horrible political and social policies created by selfish white people who have used black people for their own enrichment.

13. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

In that spirit I think my people are quick to kill each other over "respect", jealousy and foolish differences.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately that’s glamorized in hip hop/rap culture.
    It’s not specific to black people. Same goes for poorer demographics of all ethnicities. That mindset is hard to break

16. Champs

Champs Member

Who is saying all black people are bad? FFS

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Deductive reasoning is your friend.

18. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

My impression is that a segment of the white political class told black Americans, years ago, that they would care for and improve their quality of lives. Decades later, it's evident that they didn't keep that promise and that they actually ANNIHILATED black America. And today that same segment is intentionally blind, deaf, and indifferent to the weekly slaughter that occurs in black communities. The "elephant in the room" isn't the level of violence in black communities; the elephant in the room that nobody talks about is the utter silence and indifference from the people who promised long ago to take care of black Americans.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats true to an extent, but when Chicago or St Louis or Houston gets brought up within the realm of violent crime its almost always aimed at the statistics of WHO and hardly ever a further discussion into the "why's and how's" ... trailer park crime is never an issue, but I'd guess its probably pretty high too. So then the claim should be modified to saying that poor people tend to be more criminal because of their situations, but that hardly generates the visceral response that the claims are intended to make.

Its a problem of caste and not race.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jim Crow, redlining, gerrymandering, civil rights, chattel slavery. Its a connect the dots for those who really want to understand, but again a common ground isnt really what the puppet masters want.

K9Texan likes this.