1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No dude, the idea that Netenyahu's crew is more powerful than the US CIA and Military Industrial Complex is not reasonable. His people (AIPAC) are one of many big donor groups. He has significant influence over everything below the deep state (Congress, President, Supreme Court, Journalism) but with the CIA he can't outright buy his way to whatever he wants. It has to suit the CIA's interests, bouquet of donors and security situation. If they don't want what he wants, it's not happening. They will orchestrate a coup and get rid of him any time they want just like they do with any leader who goes at them. This has been done dozens of times. They are not waiting for an emergency in order to have a succession plan. Netenyahu and every middle eastern leader knows there are people around them who are secretly trained to take over at any moment.

If they are willing to kill an American President, you best believe they'd kill a foreign one who's not listening to them. In the world everything starts with diplomacy. Then it can devolve into isolation. Then covert attacks. Then overt attacks. Then all-out war. Leaders are not unsure or confused about this stuff. They are fully aware of how far they can get and how unlikely they are to win an all-out war. This is why Iranian leaders always do just enough to troll the US but then pull back - ultimately a leader cares about remaining in power more than any religious or public sentiment. The Mullahs love their power more than they love Iran or Islam. No one can avoid their country being annihilated by a country that has 800+ armed bases and 100+ special operations on a planet with only 200 countries (the rest of the entire world has like 10-15 foreign bases). Be an alien for a moment and look at it objectively, it's clear what's going on on this planet. You might get away with doing some damage to the US if you're Russia or China, but it will all be over very quickly if we're talking about a feasible open threat to the US homeland. That's very different than Iraq/Afghanistan who had 0 chances of sustaining an assault on the American homeland.

The only thing that's happening to Americans is they are shoveling hundreds of billions of dollars of your money into the pockets of a friend of the CIA in this case the Israeli Military Complex and Intelligence (because it's outside of American supervision). Then the Israeli government will use that money to enrich tons of other friends of the CIA. Then those companies and people will enrich CIA and MIC retirees. It's a very simple scam. It's all about money and they want you to believe and argue that it's everything else you can imagine. It's just a heist of your tax money and will also result in future debts that you will pay because most people won't know they're getting robbed when artificial inflation makes it look like their income is increasing. They're just robbing America in plain sight. One day we will be shocked by how it wasn't obvious to more people. It's a flat-out heist and they're willing to handsomely compensate anyone who helps them do it.

#9402 Mathloom, Apr 30, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Islamist Mathloon coming up with more looney tunes.

4. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

It's refreshing to see another who knows the truth.

5. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about his beliefs regarding Israel but he's dead-on about the U.S. Government stealing TRILLIONS from the American people.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First - If the CIA shared info to Trump that linked them to the murder of JFK, I’m positive he wouldn’t think twice about sharing that secret.. which isn’t much of a secret anymore. Well it wasn’t the CIA directly but a conspiracy with mob/cuban exile cutouts that had ties to the CIA… Oswald being one of them, and the fall guy/possible trigger man. Regardless… discussion for another time.

The skinny-

I guess it’s just my simpleton brain linking the political ramifications of unpopular extended wars tearing up support with the sitting president’s base of support that has my brain churning more than anything. Bibi has motive, and the right has motive… Putin DEFINITELY has motive etc etc to make Biden a one term president.

So I really don’t know about any CIA deep operation here. Whatever power and tricks of the trade the CIA had back in the day to me now seems pretty tame. Seems like they really just focus on intelligence and paying sources for info. The real power of influence behind the scenes seems to be more reliant on the State Department where they play without the bounds. The days of the Allen Dulles CIA seem long gone and now there are a bunch of politically/billionaire separate private operatives all spread out there with individual interests.

Ex: the vast network of operatives that work with governments across the globe behind the scenes bribing and scheming on behalf of the oil and gas industry.

8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I know it seems that way because classified information has a certain time delay on it, but I genuinely advise you to find some sources you trust on the issues of:

- Assassination attempts and successful targets in the past 10-20 years
    - CIA finances
    - CIA Psychological Operations
    - CIA collaborating with Deng Xiaoping vs Soviet Union
    - Look at who visited General Sisi and which places he visited in the weeks before the Egyptian military took over (in response to thinking Dulles days are over)

Don't trust random sh*t there's a lot of conspiracy theories out there. Search the CIA's own database and sources you know you can trust.

Out of curiosity, do you think what happened is they just became chill? They stopped being interested in forcing open markets across the world? How would you even know since they can't be audited, don't share anything they don't want you to know, own a stunning amount of media outlets and have been caught lying very often? It was just a temporary thing they were corrupted and it got fixed? Interested to understand what and how you think a transition took place.

EDIT: on Trump, no one is going to leak something the CIA doesn't want them to leak after they have had that first CIA briefing. That much is clear from every American president - that's when all the campaign promises disappear. Whoever you think killed Kennedy, the CIA has knowingly murdered many leaders and activists and presidents on a personal level don't want to be murdered. They want to believe that people will dismantle the CIA if they do something like that, but truth is we've all seen that nothing happens, life eventually goes on. What organizations like that do abroad, they will shortly be willing to do at home. That's a golden rule in politics.

9. dobro1229

No. I just think that there's more influence happening with the money tied up in private billionaire funded backroom operations. I gave the example of the oil and gas industry having operatives globally doing their bidding. Far more money, and far more dangerous.

My view on the CIA/private operations is that look... with technology the way it is, with social media, and with cameras everywhere etc. the best way to pull a fast one, and influence is through money, and weaponizing media to influence your outcomes. I just have a hard time thinking that the CIA's interests can be funded to the levels that lets say the Koch industry operatives could devote resources to, and in a much more targeted way.

On Gaza, I don't see evidence that there's a big CIA black ops initiative here. Unless they are going rogue, and literally operating on behalf of the likes of Vladamir Putin. Divide the American Left, Get Trump elected, destroy NATO, Putin, and Xi have a field day.

Yes the CIA could have hard right actors at the top that want to see some of this, and who want to see Gaza taken off the map. I just don't think any motivations that any of those rogue actors have would have the funding, and much more anti-American/Democracy animus than many of those private billionaire backed interests would.

Mathloom likes this.
  10. dobro1229

@Mathloom

However on the other hand... I absolutely do believe that there is an intelligence angle here with the protests being weaponized with images, and video taken out of context, spread via Tik Tok, narrated with an anti-Israel sentiment, and organizers put on the ground to stir the pot.

Most of the protesters are people like myself at 20 who might be more idealistic at that age, and might not see how I was being a bit manipulated. I totally feel for the thousands of innocent children, and other civilians being killed in bombing raids, and also used as human shields. I think it's a worthwhile cause to use our voice here in the US, and abroad to speak out on their behalf.

But I certainly see manipulation used to gin up the protests, and the media coverage. Tik Tok and X are two platforms where it's so easy to see it happening in broad daylight. Could be Russians. Could be billionaire Hamas backers that live in Qatar, and Dubai.... and I guess it could be Trump campaign operatives.

Regardless though I see a social media influence campaign that has the makings of an intelligence operation by a bad actor with the primary purpose of creating division here in the US among the pro-Democracy left to weaken Biden, and make way for Trump to come in next year. Hard to see with the CIA, but could be wrong.

Mathloom likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think you are underestimating the power of having everyone's information and having the biggest weapon. I know that if I had those things, I would not be confused as to how to keep things in my grasp.

Billionaires can be killed and then what happens? Nothing. Nothing happens at all. They pump the media with conspiracy theories and the people who believe they were killed by an institution will simply be drowned out and slowly fade away. The world is ruled by whoever owns the biggest weapon(s). At some point in the 90's, a new phenomenon emerged where the intelligence agencies became the only powers that could threaten the MIC (military industrial complex). They can do this by using psychological warfare to turn 20-30% of the public and over 50% of the world against them. They also have the ability to conduct very covert assassinations and what people call false flag operations. At the end of the day, the military can just show up with weapons and shut the CIA down but there's a chess game going on there. Together they are stronger and that's what they've landed on. The CIA represents the billionaires. The military is the forceful arm that gets things done for the CIA/Billionaires. They can argue with each other, but when **** gets shaky they operate with a united front. This is the only "check mate" possibility that can explain how practically nothing Americans want ever gets done, doesn't appear powerfully in the media and all these countries are just chilling while a foreign country has a base in or near their borders. If it wasn't the case, every base in the ME would be getting blown up right now. There's no way the CIA and Military are allowing billionaires without a military to go wild murdering people everywhere risking American interests. Billionaires don't know how to operate on a global strategic military level, they could make a mistake and screw up the whole plan.

Do you think there's some kind of morality or democratic values that's stopping them from doing this? I'm struggling to understand how you explain that they have the power to do it, have a history of horrifying behavior and just stopped doing it because billionaires want to do it too.

This is the identity of the CIA/MIC man, rabid lies and ugly brutality towards anything that threatens the things they own or control in the world:

I think because you guys on that side have not faced their wrath regularly and they have to hide their fingerprints when they act within your borders, it's surprising to you. These guys have never stopped and won't stop just like the military arm of every empire that ever existed. The only way it ends is implosion because of two many hands in the cookie jar. That's why I'm always hoping Americans end the trauma cycle and don't wait for the implosion which is ugly and tragic for citizens.

#9411 Mathloom, Apr 30, 2024
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

In terms of intelligence controlling media, I agree with you this is the biggest VOLUME of things they do, however the threat of direct brutal action is always present and without it the actions would not be effective. I wish I could show you the things I've seen in the media world about how things go viral, what kind of money is behind sponsored content, what portion of social media is organic, etc.

I would avoid projecting yourself (and me myself too) on the protestors. Student protestors have achieved a lot in your country that old people just didn't understand at the time. They are rarely wrong when they feel this strongly. They are much smarter than me and you were at 20 years old. Also, they could be right while we were wrong.

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding your President. Our countries don't take your president seriously, so I find it impossible to believe he's so important that this whole thing is about him. The President of the US - to me - is exactly like the President of Iran. There's a more powerful ayatollah-like entity behind them that holds the true power and doesn't bother to go meet other leaders.

#9412 Mathloom, Apr 30, 2024
  13. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

It's actually Obama directing policy. Y'all don't actually believe that Biden makes decisions, such as what to wear, right?

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Oh no man, Obama is just a heavy influencer of Democratic Party policy. The parties are just private companies that own their own private institutions and market their own debates while making people wrongly believe they are bound by democratic laws. They can just say no to someone who is going to win their election. They've created air-tight partnerships with the media that voters watch in order to prevent 3rd parties or independents from coming in. If that thing shuts down, Obama will have almost no means of influencing things. That's a symptom, not a cause. These are 3rd tier powers. Sure they collude with higher powers to keep the elections ping-ponging between just 2 parties, but they are the minions not the masters.

Supreme Court Justices can be bribed and I believe the justices themselves are currently trying to loosen the laws that protect them from bribery. Over 90% of congress is devoted to lobbyist groups. Every President is afraid of big lobby groups tanking their re-election and they don't even bother going to the people for help (can you blame them? Who wants to be killed or suicided?). These branches are done. Think as an investigator - if the 3 horizontal branches of government are infiltrated, then there's a consistent power coming from above them.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man Toyotas are so reliable
    Only way to travel in that hostile land

16. dobro1229

Couple quick things to close out my thoughts here:

-Yes the CIA has and still can be responsible for influencing, or organizing violence. Bay of Pigs/JFK/Gaddafi/ Saddam/ etc. etc. etc.... yeah.. it has a bloody trail associated with acts they had a hand in or directly organized.

Still... we'll just have to agree to disagree on the true power they really have. I personally don't think they are as competent, and well organized, and well funded as some conspiracy theorists think. I find them as an organization to be highly fragmented, and sometimes incompetent... even in their heyday they laughably screwed up the Bay of Pigs, and other missions. I just don't think they can compete as a whole... BUT as you mentioned yes the interchange of private and public is an issue.

There are almost certainly intelligence officials who are compromised by outside money, and have access to our assets, and might even have the means to conduct rogue operations with little oversight even from the White House. Yeah... I get it... that's a problem, but I don't think it's this big Illuminati threat. I think things are happening in a much more chaotic form with a bunch of greedy billionaires behind the scenes really just trying to put more money in their offshore account, and think paying taxes is the end of the world.

-I'm a hippie lib at heart. A little bit more jaded now in my early 40's, but you won't find me denigrating campus protests here in the US. I think it's an important part of our free society. In this case I think most of the protestors are there for the right reasons, and are just as likely to protest against antisemitism. However we cannot disregard that there certainly is an influence campaign happening outside of the protest that we need to acknowledge. To me (again... no evidence, just a hunch) it reeks of an intelligence operation from the Russians, Saudi/UAE/Qatar oil tycoons who want Trump to win in 2024 for personal reasons.

-I have no doubt wherever you are located, that the US president isn't taken seriously. It really shouldn't be though. Our Democracy is designed by he framers to where the Presidency is like a McDonalds restaurant manager. The American people through Congress are supposed to represent the shareholders, and the board who give the orders.

The key issue here is that two Supreme Court rulings in particular have legalized bribery here in the US. The biggest blow being the Citizens United suite back in the Obama years with John Roberts leading the charge to get that case ruled in the favor of special interests. It's not this big bad Illuminati conspiracy IMO. I think that makes a complicated problem far too simple and gives US citizens an out to be victimized instead of getting involved to ensure that Congress actually has competent representation of the people so the system has the checks and balances it needs.

The US is a domino system. The reason why Trump, and the threat of Trump is so real is because he came in at the worst time right after Citizens United was ruled, right when there was 3 vacancies on the Supreme Court, and right when Congress was going to need to step up to make laws on big Democracy things which they did not do, and instead ran around like a 3 ring circus, and the Republicans got just enough power to throw all their power behind the executive and the judicial branch.

Hence... why the United States is collapsing on itself. Dominos meet Trump at a time when all of the Dominoes were aligned perfectly to knock house down. Biden is by every metric standard in history a really good president... just happens to be the President at an extremely difficult time with the deck stacked against him by like every rich person in the world with their own personal interest. Only thing they have in common is seeing the autocratic rise as a way to get more rich.

Kind of fcked up, and harder to fix then just a Dr Evil bad guy behind the curtain.

#9416 dobro1229, Apr 30, 2024
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - very possible but it is also very possible that Hamas has raped and/or murdered some of the hostages. This is a war - a war that has been going on for nearly 70 years and there is a SEVERE power imbalance between the two parties.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

A lot to say but I don't want to derail the thread. I'll say one thing though that I know for a fact: a gulf dictator is not going to try to launch a coup in your country when your military has bases INSIDE the countries with nukes pointed at the countries, military personnel floating all around, secret agents everywhere. This region is check-mated and the intelligence services are directly connected with yours and the militaries are trained by British and American forces. If you speak out against the US and it gets any circulation, you will disappear very quickly in this region. That's what people don't realize about why Arab countries don't help Palestinians. It's because they don't care. Israel is not surrounded by enemies, the majority of the leaders in the region are their friends. They vacation together and dine together and drink wine together for a long time now. Don't let the garb fool you.

Edit: on bribery, I meant that the supreme court is considering allowing more gifts to be given to them. A bunch if judges are sitting around and deciding that it should be ok for them to get more gifts than they're getting because they believe it won't compromise their objectivity. This is after the Justice Thomas findings last year. Some thought that was the last bastion of purity in the government, but that all seems to be getting flushed down the toilet now.

#9418 Mathloom, Apr 30, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member