1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'd love Bortonelli OC if he's there at 127. Physical specimen with IOL flexibility.

2. xaos

xaos Member

How is the draft going for the Texans?

3. Housport

Housport Member

After the draft, Nick said that they want to carry 4 OT's on the roster this year. Currently, there are only 3 with Tunsil, Howard, and Heck. Both Howard and Tunsil were injured last year.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but you don't invest a 2nd round pick in someone you don't see as an eventual starter. They don't make this pick if they don't see him eventually starting over either Tunsil or Howard at some point during his rookie contract.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I think he's a real possibility as a starter by 2026.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Housport

Housport Member

The Texans draft strategy is what I am disappointed in, not the players they selected. Would it have been better to complete/announce the Diggs trade during the draft instead of 3 weeks before? That way other teams would of not of already nailed down what the Texans were going after during the draft. Would the Texans received a bigger trade compensation from trading back from 23 during the draft? Would the Texans been better off selecting a WR in the 1st round with a 5 year rookie contract?

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and ....who knows if Howard and Tunsil can stay healthy this year. I'm all for more quality depth after last year.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You were worried about the Texans giving up too much for Will Anderson. Stop worrying about "draft value" and worry about if the player can play.

red5rocket and 13 in 33 like this.
  9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’m fully okay with trusting the Texans for now. We are trending in the best direction in the history of the franchise. People need to quit thinking they know more than the people responsible for getting us where we are. Peace.✌️

Buck Turgidson and 13 in 33 like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m also trust this FO more than any in Texan’s history, but this would be a very boring forum if all we did was affirm every decision they make. I enjoy the debate until the immature members start making personal attacks and race baiting. Both this forum and the Astros forum, have been able to keep a more civil discourse than the Rockets forum. I hope it stays that way. I probably spend a minimum of 3 hours a day on the site. Other than watching sports and playing golf, at 66, it is one of my favorite pastimes.

Bigearz, bcast89, GOATuve and 2 others like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Nothing sexy (yet), but we're certainly shoring up the DBs and added a developmental OT that could be good in a year or two. All the guys we drafted are young (21) and have played at the highest levels.

We just missed out on a few guys that could have really got some of us excited, but in Nick/Meco we should trust.

Rudyc281 and xaos like this.
  12. Housport

Housport Member

I'm a fan. I'm always going to voice my opinion on when I believe the Team did well or when I feel that their performance was bad. The Steelers and Commanders had a great draft so far. The Texans have not.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

You don’t know that yet, nobody does…

Blatz likes this.
  15. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Well I 100% agree with you. Guys like Mr. Scarface are incredibly terrible. The biggest question is 66? I'm impressed

cmoak1982 and zeeshan2 like this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’m still catching up on all this, but I learned my lesson on knee-jerking and bashing Caserio. This team did so much work in FA that we mainly needed depth. Demeco had a giant grin and a fist pump on the phone with Lassiter and I just trust our FO now. We need depth, we already got our stars. I’m reserving judgement. This team and FO has earned that in my opinion.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

agree with the "in DeMeco we trust" mindset for the defensive players (although Henry To'oTo'o might be a bust), but Caserio's track record of evaluating offensive linemen is suspect at best

houstonstime likes this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

Would like another toy for Stroud in the fourth (Tez Walker, JaVon Baker, Johnny Wilson or Troy Franklin). Maybe one of the TEs? RB?

Rest of the way just looking for depth. Would like them to draft Stiggers but with what they've invested in the DBs already....

Also like Tylan Grable as an OG.

20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'd like to know what the market for Tunsil is. I know they overpaid