1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Goldsberry] The Loophole that is Breaking the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Commodore, Apr 25, 2024.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fouls they call on Alperen when he is vertical are so infuriating.

Then you watch guys like Draymond get away with everything.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One of the most annoying things in watching the modern NBA .....is watching people pass up a finger roll 3 inches from the basket to throw it out to the 3 pt line.

If you inside the charge line. Shoot that ****

Rocket River

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Enforce traveling that would at least give defenses a chance.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There’s no guys like draymond, it’s just one guy who the rules never applied to

NewAge and heypartner like this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Punishing teams for being better at shooting is not the way forward.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Ridiculous! Shooting is not punished, it’s REWARDED by an extra point. All I am saying is that there should be a cap on that reward.

I am just so tired of this victimology schtick that’s everywhere nowadays.
    "punished"?… GTFOH!

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm not sure why this is not being developed (at least some sensors for out of bounds and other plays can be used), also don't think there needs to be guys sitting on the floor holding giant cameras right under the basket, that is ridiculous. They can easily have cameras that are on zip lines above like they do in the middle of the court. We are talking about less than a foot of space that needs to be added to the court to extend the corner 3, I think most stadiums can move some things around to do this without losing a row of seats, the path between row 1 and row B on the court can just be made narrower, most stadiums have a ton of space here.

Easy likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't even know why they still need human photographers in this day and age.

I think with the advance of AI, it is definitely within the capability of machines to not just judge the clearly objective things like out of bounds, but also do the more "subjective" judgments such as whether it's a blocking foul or a charge, who initiated the contact, etc. As long as you can give objective criteria, the AI can do much more unbiased, quick, and accurate judgments on these things. (But then, conspiracy theorists would say that the league programmed the AI to give certain teams/players advantages. :()

BallSoHarden likes this.
  9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean we have plays like Durant out of bounds vs Rockets - Finley out of bounds against Rockets … with camera views right along baseline and………

or Texans WR called out of bounds before catching TD but no replay ever seen yet 8 cameras around the endzone

I feel like the powers that be pick and choose what’s shown to protect refs and umps and we just have to live with results

Houstunna likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Leagues don't typically try to decrease offense.

One of the greatest plays in NBA history