1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

@J.R. Is there a hat with the colorway you have in your avatar?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not that I’ve seen? (And honestly, it was a quick paint job with photo editing)

RustyHarden and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I just noticed it. That color combo would be bad ass as a neon light for any bar

RustyHarden, desihooper and J.R. like this.
  4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

But how about this? Suppose the Browns discovered that a team from their own state...let's say, I don't know...Cincinnati...decided not to just wear their colors, BUT TO WEAR THE EXACT SAME UNIFORM!! Apparently, all they had to do was put "Cincinnati" on the helmet and the NFL was good with it. I wonder if C & H brought that up. Granted that was a different time and the Bengals have long since moved on. But for the b****y little troll up in Possum Holler to act like using light blue in uniform that looks NOTHING like the Houston Oilers uniforms is somehow beyond the pale...

Then again, Clevelanders don't seem anywhere near as pussified as those slack-jawed yokels wishing they were Houston.

My take on it at this point? It's nothing but a tacit admission that you've failed, spectacularly, at forging your own identity and have just decided to adopt "Houston" instead. I find it hilarious that their bumpkin fan base is leaning into it. And make no mistake, that's HOUSTON they're fighting so hard to rep twice a season.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I’m tired of posting about this so I’ll end my comments with this post.

First, your comment about this being different if the Texans tried to rebrand as the 49ers is kind of the point: the Texans weren’t trying to rebrand. This appears to be some sort of thing you’ve convinced yourself of and you can’t seem to let it go. They wanted a light blue uniform.

And it’s also funny that the other team in Texas didn’t seem to have a problem with the Texans using a dark blue in their uniform when they formed. Surely mountains of Cowboys fans that live in Houston would change teams based on a uniform color and the Texans knew this. After all, many Houstonians had deep ties to the Cowboys brand and a dark blue color. It’s amazing that the Cowboys didn’t try to protect their intellectual property like the Titans have supposedly done. Of course that sounds ridiculous, and that is the point: teams don’t usually go after other teams for wanting to use a color in a uniform.

The part you bolded is what Hannah McNair said happened in the interview on In The Loop: they got approval (why would Nike be the ones to approve the use of the color, in your scenario?) to use a different color than Columbia blue and then when the Titans found out they complained. McNair said the Titans found out when the McNairs mentioned that they would be able to use a different color than Columbia blue, I guess in an interview. So no, they didn’t send it out for approval to all the teams (something I never said or implied). After that the rest of what I wrote happened.

You keep conflating owning the Oilers history to owning every shade of light blue. Those aren’t the same thing, as the Texans being able to use a shade of light blue on their uniforms implies.

And of course the Titans could raise an objection, but to seemingly everyone except you and the NFL for a while, it is viewed as petty and ridiculous, since they don’t own all shades of a color and since the Texans aren’t trying to be the Oilers. And the fact that the Titans were so over the top in their actions with regard to the Oiler aspects during the game against the Texans should remove any benefit of the doubt regarding the Titans intentions being just about trying to protect their intellectual property.

macho GRANDE, Blatz, Rvo384 and 2 others like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

a few days later i can say i like all of the jerseys even more than i did.
    i didn trealize how much nicer the main home/away ones were until i got to see them more.
    thought they were kinda meh, but they're super sharp, everything pops, color is nice.
    and the alternates are still just incredible... too bad they cant wear them more often.
    love the new H.
    love the new blue they added.
    love the fact they couldn't do a full on "columbia blue" or whatever cause i think the color rush they did is much better than that.

and without a doubt, the Texans marketing team killed this.

incredible job all around!

7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

8. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

This particular jersey pic looks like the Miami heat jersey
    [​IMG]

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

upper management or the marketing team is pretty smart to cash in with the jersey changes with the rise of Stroud and texans doing well

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I feel like the re-introduction of the darker blue is an overlooked high point of this redesign.

It's a differentiator. There's a lot of blue teams in the NFL (Giants, Bills, Lions, Colts, and Rams), even dark blue (Titans, Chargers, Patriots, Seahawks, Bears, Cowboys, and Broncos) but nobody rocks one as dark as ours. It's about as close to black as you can get without being black.

I think if I had to put odds on it, in the future I think it's 50/50 that we're either going red as primary (that kit has received the most positive feedback AFAIK) or we're leaning into the Columbia blue.

Red has a lot going for it. The NFC has 3 teams that wear a darker red (Bucs, Cards, and 49ers) but there's only 1 AFC team in a red (Chiefs).

For Columbia blue The H-Town alternates are a good template to build off of as all 3 of the colors used in it are complimentary to each other. Just need Amy Adams to remove that giant oil derrick from up her ass.

#3070 DonnyMost, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    MadMax, mtbrays, bcast89 and 7 others like this.
  11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It was time. After the dumpster fire that was 2020-2022 we needed a palette cleanser. This franchise has new faces everywhere. I'm so glad they have a new brand and identity to carry forward.

#3071 DonnyMost, Apr 26, 2024
  12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If you told me that we were going full time with these as our primary home/away I wouldn't be the least bit mad.

upload_2024-4-26_14-28-25.png

I do think that the helmet would need a bit of re-thinking though. For example, I'd like to see the horns wrapping around the back of the helmet and pointing forward. Kind of like an upside down Seahawks logo. I'd also like to see it in different color combos. Things like white or matte red. Different facemasks, etc.

[​IMG]

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

Great uniform, but the background of this photo reminds me of how wonderful it is that squat-centric workouts have really become popular amongst young women.

Rvo384 likes this.
  14. Mattician

Mattician Member

Damn I saw Stoots with a snapback version of the hat I want. It'll be one of his giveaways at the draft party.

Hopefully they're available to the public soon.

#3074 Mattician, Apr 26, 2024
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Exactly this. The color will expand.

16. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Goodness I need that red hat

Clutch City1993, Blatz and red5rocket like this.
  17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah on Tuesday I wore that hat and an H Town Blue colored long sleeve

Man that "H" is too SWEET

hollywood-hogan-dennis-rodman-too-sweet.jpg

crose likes this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

This fashion crap is "Much Ado About Nothing."

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How dare people have fun and enjoy something

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Why haven’t the new draftees been photoshopped into Texans gear yet?