1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What it means to be Anti-Woke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Apr 25, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Uh, no, that's not true.

I don't believe in any of that gun stuff.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fortunately, there are some common sense people in both parties.

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Both Parties cater to the Extremes.
    They both figure they have their moderates on lock . . . so they fighting for the extremist
    problem is . . .. The Right Moderates will tolerate the extremist views and even placate them a little
    The left is almost a ALL IN OR YOU OUT mentality

If you support 90% of the Left's agenda. . .they ready to cancel you for not using the right pronouns

Rocket River

4. adoo

adoo Member

and not being awake

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

You're the CEO and you just found out?

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I always assumed it was that way, but as people come and go, you check periodically where you are at. That's the People department's job. They then inform me.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the Democrats cater to the extremes. They wouldn't have nominated Joe Biden if they did.

subtomic likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not at the top
    They at least know enough to play the middle of the road there
    But look at the Al Franken incident
    That stupidity lead to many other problems including the supreme court current roster

Rocket River

Xopher likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes they make mistakes and act rashly all the time. I was just saying in another thread about unintended consequences. Overall though I don't see the Democratic party especially the DNC catering to extremist.

For example while Rashida Tlaib gets a lot of attention she's not in leadership and it's very unlikely she could win a statewide election in MI or would be nominated by the MI Democratic party for statewide office. The MI Republicans though put extremists in leadership in Congress and nominated a Maga extremist to run against the Whitmer in MI.

We frequently here even here many progressives and leftist complain about how the Democratic party takes them for granted and doesn't cater to them.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Absolutely typically Woke people tend to be leftists, but not all people on the left buy into it ..

There are several here that I could name from this forum that are definitely left side of the politics, but I would not put them in the woke category

Salvy and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just feel icky comparing Talib being "extreme" with right wing republicans who call avocado pickers invaders.

You live in Michigan. I've noticed you have issues with the Muslim people in Congress. Do you believe Ilhan Omar married her brother?

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I live in Minnesota but it's actually not that rare to mix them up. I haven't really looked at the issue with Ilhan Omar and whether she married her brother closely. She's not married to him now. It's not an issue I think about much. What I am critical of Omar, Tlaib and AOC (who isn't Muslim) is that I think they are far more concerned with making statements rather than governing. Because Omar is my representative I am very aware of what she does and how it affects this district. I see first hand how she grandstands on things like infrastructure and defund the police while ignoring that a bridge collapsed in this district and that many of her own constituents were complaining about increases in petty crime.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Then learn the function of government?

Is Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib part of your city counsel?

Are they state reps?

Petty crime? WTF is this? How is Ilhan Omar going to solve petty crime in Minneapolis. You sound like a right wingers who doesn't know the basic of whom to blame for internal city urban issues.

And do you read what I say? You can make a claim of ineffective legislating. Maybe those gals need to get in on what Nancy Pelosi does to accrue her wealth to get some "effective" legislating done but I'm not discussing being effective. I'm discussing describing who the loss women are you listed in the same breath as people who call migrant workers invaders and colleges students terrorists. The attributing of extremism in the same breath with right wingers that makes me feel icky.

I'm glad atw liked your comment. Shows the type of people who enjoy that rhetoric you just used.

14. fchowd0311

Also when it comes to "defund the police" don't blame people who advocate for that. Blame the fact that our law enforcement and criminal justice community is lost in the sauce cookoo for Coco Puffs.

We literally have the most respected nationwide law enforcement training curriculums have dudes come in teaching "dousing" or "witching" to find dead bodies which is dudes carrying two rods in their hands and walking around as if it does something. We have sheriffs who make entire new fields of forensic "science" like 911 call "analysis" to determine guilt or innocence with none of the actual science to determine credibility leading to wrongful convictions. Half of forensic science is junk science. We have law enforcement training curriculum that teaches paranoia and "killology". Law enforcement training exists to satisfy the daydreaming desires of young men who haven't grown out of the cowboys vs Indian role playing phases of their childhood.

We lost the plot with the law enforcement community. It's full of wack jobs and psychopaths leading these institutions. So yes people want to defund the police and start over. That is not some unhinged desire. You can debate how pragmatic it is to do it quickly without a viable alternate fleshed out. Sure but that desire to defund law enforcement is based on a unhinged system.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You do understand that US Representatives write and vote on legislature funding for things like infrastructure and federal funding to support local law enforcement programs? You also understand that US Reps also have a lot of say with directing existing federal funds to help out their districts.
    As opposed to some who doesn't live in the district saying they know more about it than some who does.

Further we aren't just talking about petty crime. She was grandstanding while businesses in her district near where her Congressional office is and that she frequented when living in this district were being looted and burned. This wasn't just big chains like Target but small businesses owned by Somalis, employing Somalis and catering to Somalis.
    It don't get what you're saying here. You said I have issues with Muslim women and cited Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib specifically. I responded with that I don't think they are effective legislators for the reasons state. You now seem to be reading into that a bunch of other issues not mentioned. Did I say anything about "migrant workers invaders" or "college students terrorist"?

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Also to add in case you feel that I'm just some anti-Muslim crank picking on Ilhan Omar. She barely gets out of the primaries here. In the bluest part of a blue state with the largest Muslim population in the state she holds a razor thin advantage over other Democrats. There have even been other Somali Americans that have ran against her and opposed her on policy positions.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Right and I never criticize LEO and think it's all great. I was all for defending Derek Chauvin and the other LEO so much so that I was offered Hennepin county expert testimony against them.

18. fchowd0311

My premise is you attaching right wing extremist politicians to Talib in the same breath makes me feel icky. It loses the value of the term "extremism".

19. fchowd0311

No you just shot on anyone who feels the need to believe there needs to be a restart with law enforcement. Because you believe internal reform is possible when the "most respected " institutions in law enforcement nationwide believe a dude carrying two rods walking around a field can find dead bodies. The law enforcement community has lost the plot and it's very reasonable for people to believe your miliqoust takes on reform are superficial.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Where did I attach right wing extremists to Tlaib? She is extreme but that doesn't mean she's rightwing. People can be extreme about different things.

I'm sorry you feel icky but that seems to be more issue than it is mine.