1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC 1st Round] (2) Denver Vs. (7) L.A Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Apr 17, 2024.

?

(2) Denver Vs. (7) Lakers

1. Nuggets in 4

2. Nuggets in 5

3. Nuggets in 6

4. Nuggets in 7

5. Lakers in 4

6. Lakers in 5

7. Lakers in 6

8. Lakers in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Leaders on the Floor.

Nuggets - Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray.

Lakers - None.

JumpMan likes this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

2024 NBA Game is different. Must be Jump shooting Center.

ramotadab and Rocket River like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well...........

They didnt help much

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I'm real heartbroken for the Lakers, at least I can what non-stop eulogies all day long tomorrow on every sports talk show.

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Worse. Personalities wouldn't mesh. Their games wouldn't mix.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When the Lakers got down in the 3rd quarter, they didn't exactly quit but they mostly definitely did NOT raise their intensity either.

Then they sleepwalked most of the 4th quarter.

This is the second time in 3 games the Nuggets won the game in the 3rd.

ramotadab, lakersuck2 and Jontro like this.
  7. JumpMan

They quiet quit. So millennial of them.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Darvin Ham will obviously not return and the Lakers should dump D-Ro this summer if anyone would take him.

Until this series, Hachimura always seems to play way above himself whenever I watch the Lakers. He's worthless.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's impressive what LeBron is still doing at this age. With that said, the Lakers never had a chance against a prime Nuggets team. The Lakers are a 7th seed for a reason.

10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

Dwight played on that bubble team, so I wouldn't say that personalities wouldn't mesh. I think Dwight would be more consistent on defense through the course of a game than AD. Obviously Dwight had his offensive limitations, and couldn't shoot, before he had back issues he was a monster down low and did require a double team.

I'm not a Dwight fan, just thought its interesting to think about that different situations.

ramotadab and JumpMan like this.
  11. JumpMan

They could be honest and admit they overrated the Lakers. Admit that they simply weren't good enough instead of blaming everyone in an effort to prop up LeBron.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. JumpMan

That was a humbled Dwight. Prime Dwight fought against every co-star. Prime Dwight played in an offense designed around posting him up multiple times a game.

Davis' personality and game mesh perfectly with LeBron's. Davis is submissive to LeBron and he has a versatile offensive and defensive game. As far as I know, he's never said a word against LeBron. And his game is a perfect fit with LeBron's.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

There's only a few certainties in an NBA game:

- a ball will be dribbled
    - (Rockets games) Jalen Green will look like he belongs in the Taiwanese League at least a handful of times each game
    - (Rockets games) Kevin Porter Jr will.... wait, scratch that one
    - (Lakers games) LeBron James will complain to the official every single play of every single game

I had a good laugh at LeBron dribbling the ball out of bounds, then immediately turning to Prince who had nothing to do with the turnover, and blaming him.

This game is example 3498230948 of why the sole focus of the Rockets front office should be finding a carbon copy of Aaron Gordon, to pair with Sengun.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

What does Jalen Green have to do with any of this?

Easy and ramotadab like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not a Nuggets fan. I'm pleased that they're 3-0 up against the Los Angeles Lakers.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Robert Horry is Gone after criticizing LeBron James Stat Padding ways.

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

And the crazy thing is Lebron would still be winning titles if he had a better supporting cast right now, meaning if Lebron is the 2nd or 3rd go to guy, his team would be unstoppable even with him in year 21. Lebron being 39 and supposed to be the best player on this trash Lakers team isn’t doing well for Lebron. He needs to join Giannis in Milwaukee or Curry in GS or even the Wolves. I think Lebron should hop ship one more time strategically and he can definitely win 1-2 more titles.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Reality is the Lakers are losing for these reasons:
    1. Coaching. - Ham is not HIM. He does not make good decisions. He does not yank players quick enough. He doesn't cut runs short. I cannot say I have seen a great out of time out yet. Which leads to . . .
    2. Denver has better team. They have a system. They know their roles. Lakers looked disorganized. Sometimes like they just met at the YMCA. Some of the turn overs are just miscommunication. This should happen in November not April. People dog LeBron in the LeBron V. Jordon arguement but Replace Steve Kerr/Hodges with D-Lo .. . .. looks a bit more even. The Myth that MJ elevated players is very persistent. Remember when Kerr was not with MJ . . how he fell off a cliff? Me either. Could LeBron help them more. . . but how many open fricking shots do they miss . . how many fricking
    4. AD is charmain soft. He got stats but Jocic just bullied him all over the floor. Mr Great defense is getting torched.
    5. CONDITIONING. More and More I am seeing the benefits of training IN DENVER. I think it helps Jocic alot but also all the squad. They seem more energetic and stronger at the end of games. Game 2 - Lebron shoots that 3 because 1. He didn't trust any of his teammates to make a shot (why should he) 2. He was fricking tired and wanted no part in an overtime game
    This is why Denver is a great second half team.

I figured the lakers would get ONE GAME now . . .. . I doubt it.
    They don't have the horses. The Lakers could have won this series
    but they are being outcoached, out hustled and out lasted

Rocket River

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Lakers just didn't have enough depth. If they had a reliable 3rd guy to put up 20+pts per night, they wouldn't have been the 7th seed and may have advanced. It was a miracle that AD was healthy all season. Ditto for Bron. And it still wasn't enough.

Rocket River likes this.