1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do any of you (besides me) believe in Jesus?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K9Texan, Apr 23, 2024.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

The apostles repeatedly and accurately wrote of the pending doom of the Jewish temple and Jerusalem itself that eventually occurred in 70 AD.

Luke 21:32
    Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, of course! For Christ:

IBTL and K9Texan like this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

4. Buck Turgidson

"Jesus was a Capricorn
    He ate organic food
    He believed in love and peace
    And never wore no shoes
    Long hair, beard and sandals
    And a funky bunch of friends
    Reckon may just nail Him up
    If He come down again

'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
    Prove they can be better than at any time they please
    Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on
    If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me

Get back, John [Prine]

Eggheads cursin' rednecks cussin'
    Hippies for their hair
    Others laugh at straights who laugh at
    Freaks who laugh at squares
    Some folks hate the Whites
    Who hate the Blacks who hate the Klan
    Most of us hate anything that
    We don't understand

'Cause everybody's gotta have somebody to look down on
    Prove they can be better than at any time they please
    Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on
    If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me

Help yourself brother"

Xopher likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Any tips on starting a MLM using Jesus?

Do I have to just tell people that Jesus loves capitalism?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

(114) Simon Peter said to them: Let Mariham go out from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Look, I will lead her that I may make her male, in order that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who makes herself male will enter into the kingdom of heaven.

8. Buck Turgidson

Uh, not sure where you've been but they're called "megachurches"

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes I believe he is one of the genius revolutionaries in recorded human history. I believe he was totally against any violence (even violence against "evil") and he was against violent stories mentioned in the Jewish holy books at the time (but not against core Jewish law). I think he believed the old testament had heavily misrepresented Moses' beliefs by the time he was born.

He understood that any violence can be defeated with non-violence (aka radical expression, acceptance and love). IMO what is dramatized about him in the holy books (Bible + Quran) is completely exaggerated after his death by his initial followers and further manipulated by political actors. I don't believe he will return, but the spirit of his message will return through others.

I believe he laughed and joked and took dumps and made silly mistakes and had a mother and a father just like any other human. Obviously, he's genetically 100% Middle Eastern and looks exactly like the people who have lived in Bethlehem uninterrupted since his time and till today.

I don't believe he engaged in supernatural miracles, but I do believe that he generated some shocking scientific "miracles". I think he probably brought back some people from near-dead or conditions that were considered fatal at the time. I think he did this by teaching people to generate thoughts and feelings that transform the chemical make up of our brain/hormones which in turn dramatically increased the body's immunity and healing power (relative to the time he was alive).

I think he's one of the smartest, greatest and bravest humans to have ever lived. If you haven't studied him from an objective non-religious perspective, you're missing out.

#89 Mathloom, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I don't consider the Quran to be "holy" as it claims that Jesus is NOT the savior of mankind.

11. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

So why did all of his apostles (save one) willingly accept horrible suffering and death to preach Jesus's word if they had NOT seen Jesus's many miracles and his resurrected body?

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't consider any of them holy, I was just being courteous.

I don't know. I wouldn't need him to perform miracles, the core message is miraculous enough for me. If he were alive now, I'd risk my life to support a message that radically puts those in need above economic and political interests. I assume his followers felt more strongly about it than I do.

Why do you think MLK Jr continued preaching even after they tried to kill him and destroy his family? It's not as uncommon as you think. Even atheists risk their lives for a higher morality every day on this planet, in some war or another. They don't need miracles.

Are you saying the message alone is not good enough for you? You can't imagine someone risks their life for this unless miracles were performed? That's a strange position for a Christian imo.

#92 Mathloom, Apr 26, 2024
    IBTL likes this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After watching this video, I don’t know how anyone couldn’t accept Jesus as their lord and savior.

IBTL likes this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yessir!!!! Let's go Team Jesus.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Ummm, that's not from the Bible.

K9Texan likes this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

How do you know the apostles suffered and died to preach Jesus' word?

Where are their fates described? What are the sources? and what year is the original source material from?

#96 HTM, Apr 26, 2024
  17. HTM

HTM Member

It's funny when he is portrayed as light skinned, tall, light hair color and light eye color.

The historical Jesus more likely looked like Yasser Arafat.

Mathloom likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have a hard time with 'faith' and believing in any literature that has been passed down and edited by powerful rulers (King James Edition) over millennia. It's the telephone game, but with thousands of corrupt politicians passing the message and you hearing the end result.

I mean, do you wear two different types of fabric at the same time, heathen?

Leviticus 19:19 says, “Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.”

And Deuteronomy 22:9–11 commands, “Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled. Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together. Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.”

And Xerobull 69:96 says: "Do not house Fords and Chevys together in thine own garage; if you do, not only the babes you pick up but the oil in your engine will be defiled."
    It's dumb. Show me the OG texts, or take the overall good messages and kick the rest of the biased and edited garbage to the curb.

CCity Zero, IBTL and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

If I go to a steak restaurant, order a steak, and the waiter brings one to me, does that make me a prophet?

20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The white image of Christ is really Cesare Borgia
    And the second son of Pope Alexander
    The Sixth of Rome and once the picture was shown
    That's how the devils tricked my dome

Xopher likes this.