1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024: Biden or Trump [trail vs trial] POLL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 22, 2024.

?

Who are you voting for?

This poll will close on Nov 4, 2024 at 7:37 PM.
  1. Biden

2. Trump

3. RFK Jr.

4. None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

A. I didn't say anything about Student Loan forgiveness. Not sure what reality you're living in.
    B. I stand by my statement. We need to stop funding a global military police state protection racket at the expense of our own citizens.
    C. “They got money for war, but can’t feed the poor.” - Tupac
    D. I'm beginning to think your account is the Alt account of @StupidMoniker as both of you like to argue every little point, often devolving each thread into a matter of semantics.

Have the day you deserve.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Gotta love that punchline...lol

You still crack me up.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

I respect you and I like your posts but who is saying we aren't spending money at home? We're currently spending:

-3 trillion on climate change
    -1 trillion on repairing our infrastructure
    - 250 billion in bringing back advanced manufacturing
    - 600 billion in student loans
    - 200 billion in Healthcare

Do you realize we can chew gum and walk at same time?

4. astros123

astros123 Member

@rocketsjudoka when American democracy fails and trump cancels the 2028 election and becomes a dictator you'll know these morons actually thought somehow voting for biden was like crushing his balls.

This is literally the most unhinged deranged thing I've read on clutchfans. Folks are not taking trump seriously even after he's promising to be a dictator @deb4rockets

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

So, by not voting, which is your right, you think that will make them "get the message"? Sorry man, that is delusional thinking, you make change by being a part of the process, not rejecting it. Get behind someone you believe in, support them and see if they can make a change...........I personally care just as much about who is my local representation as they actually affect me and my community.

astros123 and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I was referring to the presidential side. I will wait and see with the local and state.

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. ROCKSS

I hope you do man, I know too many people who really feel their vote doesn't count and then you get some clown like MTG, in the local elections it literally comes down to a few votes here and there................I am always shocked when I see the results and so few people actually voted. Anyhow, good luck man

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Cool. You DO realize we still need to do more, right? No mention of helping the poor, the homeless, the uninsured, the elderly, those being persecuted and marginalized?

I'm shocked ANYONE can still support Trump. Biden has done a lot of good. I think he/we as a country can do better. I'll hold my nose and proudly vote for Biden, but that won't keep me from pushing for us to do better.

Reeko, FrontRunner, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

-We have the lowest uninsured rate right now in the history of America. We just spent 100 billion on expanding ACA subsidies
    -We spend more money on homeless than any other country in the world.
    -Biden passed into law gay rights legislation in 2022. Maybe you're forgetting?

Also theres no doubt we need to spend more and we have alot of issues but democrats don't control the house so we can't pass more social spending.

Its not like house Republicans would be okay spending the money we spent in Ukraine on homeless or something else. They don't care. I'm not sure why you have to "hold your nose" and vote for biden. He's done good things

VooDooPope likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

I flipped a house in Dana
    I will need to be able to make multiple selections if that becomes an option.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I agree he's done good things.

I'll have to hold my nose to vote for him because I feel he could have done more, mainly using his power and influence to stop the blood bath in Gaza, but there are many other areas too where I feel he's been disappointing. You're right about the Republicans' not caring and if we want real change the D's need to take control off the house, senate and the WH.

It's cool bro. He's still got my vote and until the R's stop supporting Trump and his conspiracy theories, NONE of them will get my vote.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Biden, but I would vote for Bud Adams, John Stockton or Mike Fiers if I thought he had the best chance of defeating Trump.

My prediction? Trump wins because of voter turnout. Republicans will turn out in droves to support the guy with the R by his name, no matter who it is. They always do. Just enough Democrats will stay home on principle to hand a narrow victory to Trump.

This is all the perfect storm. Much like Germany in 1933. No hyperbole.

rocketsjudoka and VooDooPope like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Care to mention them? Just curious

14. ROCKSS

I won't be shocked if trump wins, the one fly in the ointment could be RFK Jr, will he pull more votes from trump or Biden, I can't see a Biden voter wanting that jackass but I could see some trumpers who wont vote for trump vote for him. Biden is doing better in the polls but I dont have any confidence in polls these days and we have a long way to go. I have ZERO faith in the gop to not back the rapist traitor especially after I see people like Barr and Sununu who have no problem telling us that trump is a pos but since he is the candidate they will back him

ima_drummer2k and astros123 like this.
  15. astros123

astros123 Member

If that's the case why did 150k+ Republicans vote for Nikki haley yesterday in the Pennsylvania primary even though she's dropped out months ago?? Trump isn't consolidating the base. There's a massive chunk of the GOP base that sincerely hates him

ROCKSS and ima_drummer2k like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except I’m not arguing counter factual most legislative races have low turnout especially in off year and special elections. Many representatives run unopposed or with token opposition. Low turnout in those race hasn’t caused the parties to change. That’s why voter suppression and gerrymandering works. It doesn’t matter if only 10% of the electorate vote as long as 5.1% vote for the winner.

I don’t know if you’ve ever participated in party activities like caucuses but if you did you would understand why Congress and many state legislators seem so dysfunctional. Caucuses and delegates who nominate candidates are driven by those who show up and the ones who are most motivated to show up are those who have the most passionate views and or the most interest at stake. That is why you get people like Marjorie Taylor Greenes or Ilhan Omar’s who are nominated by ideological extremists supported by extreme delegates and run in districts that are gerrymandered where they don’t face much opposition. Neither of those candidates could win statewide in their states and as it is Ilhan Omar barely wins her primaries.

Many party activists don’t care whether a lot or even most of the electorate doesn’t show up. In fact many prefer that as they would rather not have to dilute or compromise their positions.

So taking a position of principled apathy actually adds to the very problem of candidates who are too partisan and too beholden to special interests.

ROCKSS and Xopher like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Not voting won’t change anyone’s mind. Whether you vote or not you will still be affected by the decisions of whoever wins. If you don’t agree with that person your none vote will just prove to the winning party that they never needed you in the first place.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And again do you think that calling people “dipshits” and “morons” is actually helping to defeat Trump?

Have you considered that just insulting people causes them to harden their position and become more resentful?

ROCKSS and Xopher like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Trump very well could win. I also agree that Trump is a threat to the Constitution unfit for office. Again I’m not the only one saying that many of those who were in his administration are saying that.

This is why I frame my arguments as I do. It’s not just because I’m a nice guy who just wants to get along but because my experience has been that if you want to reach people insults, arrogance and self righteousness doesn’t really convince people. We’ve only come to believe that because our culture is saturated with outrage and loud voices making loud noises. As noted for as much as Trump has support he has an equal number of people that absolutely despise them.

In between are a lot people who don’t spend so much time thinking about these issues as much and are open to hearing arguments from each side. Flinging poo is unlikely to sway them.

also to add while I do participate in here I have no illusion that what we say here has much affect. That’s why I also organize, campaign and donate.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I just don't understand if you're a Trump supporter why you wouldn't say it. He has some of the most obnoxious and outspoken people who support him. I'd like to think that I treat people with respect here. If someone is putting on an act I'd prefer not to even interact with them. I don't understand the point of that