1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I really like both alternates. The only caveat is I think I like the battle reds from last season a little more than this one. The city edition as a complete ensemble on the players is my favorite.

The primary unis are ok but not different enough imo.

2. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

If you see them in person, they are different.

3. Buck Turgidson

Also this: let's talk

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-roots-announce-us-tour-with-arrested-development-and-digable-planets/

The Roots will tour with Arrested Development and Digable Planets this summer. The groups will all appear at the Roots’ inaugural Los Angeles edition of Roots Picnic, which, like the tour, is subtitled Hip-Hop Is the Love of My Life. The U.S. jaunt begins in earnest in August in Houston, Texas

BMoney and Scarface281 like this.
  4. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Surprisingly no, since I was in Huntsville Public School. I just remember that paintings of him never showed him as a large man (ex. The Battle of San Jacinto). I also never read where any of his contemporaries mentioned his height either, unlike say Lincoln. None of that matters, tall or short or in between, he accomplished so much and was way ahead of his time.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cause they are

Check this out

Shark44 likes this.
  6. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I do, we were friends from High School until shortly after Dazed when his career really took off. Used to see him more often until his mom passed, but we still catchup occasionally. Back in the day we drove from Huntsville to Bellaire to catch The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Rick was all into being a pro baseball player until we saw that movie.

leroy, red5rocket, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I can't like your above post enough...you know a bunch of my bs was a joke, right?

What's your favorite movie of his?

#2907 Buck Turgidson, Apr 23, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    red5rocket, Red.Glare and BMoney like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Why are you putting that tape on your nose?

Exactly.

Red.Glare likes this.
  9. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Yeah I know, but you're a smart man and entertaining. And I was just impressed that you brought up his name. Geez hard to say. Probably Dazed since it was a day in the life of late 70's Huntsville High. Usually not my typical thing, but I really thought the Before Sunrise trilogy was outstanding. Could name many more, but curious about your fav. Guessing maybe Dazed after your Slater quote?

leroy and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Naturally, but there's others.

School of Rock, Boyhood, Bernie, "...want some"

There's a whole lot of stuff that he does that I love. I guess you were never a Slacker?

11. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

We were all Slackers at one point or another...lol. After Slacker, Rick asked me if I still had any of my old High School clothes. He was already planning Dazed in his mind. Sure enough I did and later brought them to Austin as filming of Dazed began. Probably wouldn't mean much to you unless you're from Huntsville, but did you see "God Save Texas" episode I?

12. Buck Turgidson

I missed this earlier, but you asked for it:

13. Buck Turgidson

Dude, you're alright. Next time when it's not after midnight, let's talk.

Red.Glare likes this.
  14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The all blue look is so fire

15. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I have always thought the Texans could have leaned a bit away from the goth "H" by making the right down stripe be a subtile cowboy boot. It's already similar. It would be 1/2 gothic 1/2 Rodeo.
    Just my thought

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I want in on this. Having gone to Sam and was just graduating HS when Dazed came out...and lived in Austin for 15 years...I'm enamored with the movie and everything about the history behind it.

@Red.Glare...I do need to know...where was the actual moontower? I've heard many different possibilities but never from someone who might've actually been there.

Buck Turgidson and Red.Glare like this.
  17. Clutch City1993

Texans/Titans gotta be top 5 sports rivalries of all time

18. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

The Moontower (actually known as the fire tower) was the one place the local PD or Sheriff's Dept. never caught on to. It was actually an abandoned forest fire observation tower off of Hwy. 190 way out in the boonies. Rick really captured everything about that place perfectly. The Moontower is where Mitch rode with me to in order to get it over with (unlike in the movie). I told everyone only one lick each and it almost came to blows to enforce that. The real Mitch was a super cool guy, but was a real smart ass which is why so many Seniors were after him. The Mitch in Dazed was mostly based on Rick's experiences as a Freshman. Feel free to ask anything you're curious about.

#2918 Red.Glare, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Surprisingly they lead the series 23 - 21

20. Clutch City1993

Good thing those hillbillies can't do math

red5rocket likes this.