1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate that. I think there is a major problem with social media and that it drives outrage. We often hear how people say they wouldn’t say the same things in person that they do online. My own view is that I would and have said the same things online as I do in person.

Also I don’t believe that people can or should be reduced down to just one aspect of their personality. Especially there political views. We might not agree politically but we agree that we love Houston Sports teams (although given GARM and Astros forums those might be more divisive than politics)

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

That's because you're a good person and you handle yourself with class. There's no question social media is extremely toxic. It's created an outlet for people to say whatever they want with little to no reprocussions.

That is spot on. I separate politics from how I view people because they're so divisive at this point. We all love Houston sports teams (at least I think). Astros forum is tough right now. They're having a tough season and we've been spoiled with all their success. Rockets are obviously a work in progress. GARM is definitely hard to get through but I think a lot of it is just people trolling the site.

Again, I really appreciate your insight and respectful interaction. It's very rare these days.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  4. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

The DOXIng thread to me was very strange. Most normal people wouldn't even have that cross their mind. I typically wouldn't want anyone banned because everyone has a differeing opinion on things but since he did that to you as well he probably should be banned. It's only a matter of time before he actually does it. You're 100% correct. They call Trump every name in the book and any criticism of Biden he flys of the rails. I dislike both of them. I dislike most politicians honestly.

He wouldn't do a single thing to me that's why I just laugh it off. Plus, I'm an adult so I wouldn't be fighting people over the internet. He needs to grow up. Honestly, I'd buy him a beer and watch a game.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still have good friends who are die hard Trump supporters. We disagree a lot politically but still get along otherwise I get along with some of them better than I do some people who I agree with far more politically.

Everything has been politicized in our culture and also people are thinking that insulting people whether calling them “fascists” or “wokies” is political dialogue. Does that really make a difference especially on largely anonymous social media?

I don’t think so but also I don’t think spending so much of your time getting outraged and insulting people is a good way to live. There are important issues and yes we should speak out and express our views even passionately. That isn’t the same as just insulting and denigrating others. It also ends up hardening views rather than be convincing.

And yes the Stros are making it hard to love them these days.

6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Like always well said. Sometimes you just have to ignore it even when you want to venture a respectful response.

We'll tough the season out. Probably not ideal for fans but we'll survive

7. astros123

astros123 Member

You have friends who want to fundamentally destroy American democracy and destroy this country. That's who those people are. Call a spade a spade

8. astros123

astros123 Member

@VooDooPope in the past 2 days biden has literally transformed the lives out of 30+ million workers and nobody knows

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Printing money didn't work well in Venezuela either. Irresponsible.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

Venezuela does not have the reserve currency of the world. You have no idea WTF you're talking about like usual

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Prepare for a second inflation shock like in the 70s.

Central banks are buying gold.

Interest rates and gold are climbing simultaneously.

Modest US economic growth of 2.5 % GDP growth in 2023 was the result of an extreme fiscal deficit of USD 1.7 trillion (which accounts for 6.5 % points of GDP growth) and in addition a worrying expansion of consumer debt.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

Let's wager real money on this??? I guarantee you we won't see a second inflation shock within the next 3 years?? Let's wager 5k? 1k?? Talk is always cheap but very few people put money behind their batshit ideas.

right wing donkeys always fear monger hoping the public buys it and stops them from raising taxes on them. Same Ole bullshit

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Eliminating noncompetes and airplane refunds are probably better domestic policy accomplishments than any Republican has had in literally 40 years.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

Also making the overtime threshold 56k provides a instant raise to over 11 million employees.... yet some morons think both sides are equally as bad. Utter braindead

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I actually hope you are right, but I am concerned.

16. adoo

adoo Member

just lke Invisible_nomics, u have no idea what you're talking about

which one? and so what?

ATW, unknowing, just gave a thumbs-up to Biden's fiscal policies, when you factor in that this toke place on the heels of the pandemic / economic shut-downs and Trump's ill-conceived trade war,

#2096 adoo, Apr 24, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    astros123 likes this.
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

I'm confused. Are you up for a friendly wager? The environment moving forward is heavily deflation. AI will automate millions of jobs and drive up growth.

China nd Russia buying up gold to hedge from US sanctions doesn't equate to some inflation cycle. China obviously wants to hedge in the event of a Taiwan invasion

18. astros123

astros123 Member

hes referring to Russia and China loading up on gold lol. He's so clueless

19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The guy is a multi-millionaire CEO. He has no time to wager for your piddly amount. /s

20. adoo

adoo Member

for the education of ATW, this move signals that

the recent de-dollarization effort (by Russia/China/India) is not working.​