1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Ancient Moabite

I don't care either way, and if they want to win then I really don't know how bringing in a PR disaster would help, his catch and shoot game isn't that groundbreaking

Epstein/Clive Davis/Weinstein/J Lucas(star wars) etc is all the same gang, so you can miss me with the pity talk about others doing it, they are in the same tree in diff departments......on that side it is more Demons (lower-self = carnal mind) than said Angels(higher), entertainment is sports&politics

The fact that you mention hypocrisy is fascinating based on most of your posts I've come across... you identify KPJ as being a coloring crayon which is disrespectful (chattel) in actual Law affairs but you parrot for him to be a member for this team again....that's a slave-holder mentality to say the least

Kudos to you for remaining consistent in that

A hit dog holla

2. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Bro. KPJ helped get us 3 top 4 picks in a row. Silas did most of the work however.

Tuckmose, daywalker02 and DaDakota like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

talk about fumbling the bag

and we all know Stone would’ve guaranteed that entire 80 mil for his adopted son…all he had to do was not be an impulsive, low character dumbass

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m still to this day trying to figure out the logic in giving KPJ that extension a full year before they even had to make that decision. Did they really fear that KPJ was going to play so out of his mind in the final year of his deal that he was going to demand more than what we gave him in that extension?

Easy and beardsanity713 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

his fanbois on here were using that rational saying KPJ could be worth 25-30 mil/yr if we don’t get him under contract early, so wouldn’t be surprised if his biggest fanboi of them all in Stone thought the same thing

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was made at a no risk deal - where you could combine his salary to get a bigger star, nothing else....

DD

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And it ended up costing us assets to move that “no risk” deal.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

The risk was never that he'd regress as a player; it was that he would have impulse control issues again in a setting that might jeopardize his being on the roster.

BaselineFade and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We didn't have to do that, we didn't have to trade him to OKC - we could have held him and used his contract in the Steven Adams trade as well.....that was on Stone panicking instead of taking a more measured let it play out approach.

That is never a risk when you have a strong coach and org - you can always just cut them etc....there is no risk to the team, lots of teams have crazy guys like Rasheed Wallace, Ron Artest, Draymond Green, Dillon Brooks etc....he was at worst similar to them, and he could always be cut.

DD

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean.... it's true though. If he didn't throw his career away by being a moron, he'd easily demand a contract in that range if he had continued developing.

There was never a concern about him on the court the way there is about guys like Jalen. It was all off court issues.... which is why the contract was set up the way it was to mitigate the downside if he acted up.

RedRedemption likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It will be even more interesting to observe how the possible extensions this summer might be handled, in light of the KPJ extension.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't that the Biden administration press secretary?

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/heba/1665229/kevin-porter-jr-talks-paok-nba/

“If it is up to me, I don’t see myself, when it comes from the overseas standpoint if I am staying out here another year – if I have the opportunity to go back to the NBA, then I will probably go back to the NBA – but if it is not the NBA, I don’t want to play for another club than PAOK,” explained the 23-year-old American guard, “I feel like they have welcomed me and they gave me the chance that a lot of people looked over.”

“I am very grateful,” he added, “It is very family-oriented here. That is what I needed to get out of the shell I was in. So, I can’t see myself playing for any club overseas besides PAOK, no matter the league. If it is not the NBA, I will probably be here again.”

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I heard this **** before. I have no doubt KPJ believes it, but he needs a therapist, not a mentor or a "family-oriented" environment.

This dude could have been a key piece off the bench for Ime but he's a ****ing moron.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He seems a changed man -- maybe it's time to give him a second look.

ElPigto and ThatBoyNick like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

DD

Easy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a known sweet talker and sugar coater but a nasty beast in hotel rooms and outside.

RedRedemption likes this.
  20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah “Houston saved my life”, or something in that nature. Then he fxxked it up. Can’t see how it’ll end up differently this time for PAOK.

RedRedemption and AroundTheWorld like this.