1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Qan

Qan Member

Petty af Strunk.

But man I'm loving that red alt and the helmet.

I guess I'll have to grow a few inches and work out a bit to bulk up to make my new jersey look good.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

While I agree, and that Htown blue-trimmed logo is so sick.

I think another poster reminded me: if you switch them then the jerseys we all buy will have the H and not that SICK logo. I don’t plan on buying a helmet so I like my jersey to have that midnight bull.

Qan likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. SuraGotMadHops

I think we will see all sorts of jersey pant combos as time goes on. My favorite look on any NFL uniform is the "icy whites," white jersey on white pants.

5. Slim

Slim Contributing Member

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Could have just not mentioned the Yankees.. I don’t care which version of blue the used. But now I like it a little less haha

7. Fantasma Negro

Hannah McNair is the best thing to ever happen to this city lol

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

the blocky thick stripe down the legging I find odd

9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I love how everyone is getting involved

ROCKSS, MadMax and houstonstime like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

She's now up there with Charlize Theron in the fantasyland "cool a.f. hot woman" department.

BMoney, ROCKSS, justtxyank and 2 others like this.
  11. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

12. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Ooowww love the bomber

14. Fantasma Negro

She's on the air owning the ****ing room. This woman is a weapon!

15. Buck Turgidson

That's the hat I want.

Uprising, justtxyank and red5rocket like this.
  16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

As someone that has been a vocal hater of their uniforms and desperately wanted a rebrand……I think they aced it. I give them an A

my favorites:

1) Battle Red Alternate - These are hard AF. Absolute fire. S Tier NFL jersey. They are so unique and so slick. So much style, yet simplistic. Excluding the white all together makes both the red and blue pop even more. Absolutely love that style of helmet with the horns, it’s a classic look with a modern take. The candy paint is just the cherry on top for me. This is a jersey that gives the team an identity, finally.

2) Houston Blue Color Rush - They nailed these too. I for one wanted Houston Blue back and am glad we got it. But my favorite aspect is having that H on the helmet. Finally showing this is HOUSTON’s team, not the team of TEXAS. And having that H in Houston blue makes it even better. The flakes of red in the helmet are a cool feature too. Also absolutely love the Houston Blue version of the standard logo. It’s a superior version and looks perfect. Overall, kept the Houston Blue and made it its own thing.

3) Away Whites - The most surprising to me. I don’t generally like white uniforms, especially football ones. I don’t own any white uniforms for any of my teams. But these are again, slick. I like including the horn theme on the shoulders and the Red lettering on the player names. What I like most is making the numbers blue and the outlines red. The old whites with red numbers looked like a clown outfit when matched with the blue helmets and pants. Too many contrasting things and silly looking. This is streamlined and more mature looking.

4) Home Blues - My least favorite, mostly because they look most similar to the previous iteration. What I do like it the red lettering of the player names, again. I also like the much toned down version of the red collar. Similar to the whites, a more mature and modern look. I also think the font of the numbers suit this jersey a lot better than the previous numbers. It’s an upgraded version of a jersey I did’t like, but that’s fine

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That battle red is FIRE. Love love LOVE that helmet.

ROCKSS and MadMax like this.
  19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I would've preferred an all white alternate w the htown blue accent over the navy ones although I wouldn't be surprised if those sh!+stains in tennessee objected to that too.

F*** it, let's ride.