1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024: Biden or Trump [trail vs trial] POLL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 22, 2024.

?

Who are you voting for?

This poll will close on Nov 4, 2024 at 7:37 PM.
  1. Biden

2. Trump

3. RFK Jr.

4. None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Options need refinement.
    Option 3 should read "Im not voting because my vote doesn't count" or "Neither Biden or Trump"

Many people have little interest in voting for Geriatric and Dumber

GOATuve likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Would rather smash my testicles with a hammer than vote for either of them, but I predict that Trump wins.

Fwiw: it seems like I'm usually wrong in my predictions, so don't read much into it. But, there it is.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No, it means they are not okay with what they saw 4 years ago and what they are seeing now for the crazy right where decency has gone outside the window. Hillary was correct, the right is full of deplorables. People who don't care about anyone but themselves or are too stupid to figure it out.

It's like they said to themselves, I thought I was okay with a minority as President but it doesn't mean I have to be nice to other people in the margins.

astros123 and ROCKSS like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I don't hate any politician enough to shatter my balls with a mallet.

Astrodome, JuanValdez and ROCKSS like this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I won't be shocked if trump wins, he`s like the backup QB who is popular because no one is happy that their QB isn't taking them to the SB. Americans have short memories, and if were being honest he didn't do much in terms of any policies or even his promised wall and infrastructure, he made millionaires into billionaires. He did nothing for health care as he promised..............oh but this time will be different :rolleyes: Biden may not be perfect but he`s passed some laws that will benefit so many Americans. I keep hearing that Americans are tired of immigration, yet the gop won't even vote for a policy that both sides came up with, and as I have mentioned before people care more about the price of PB and Jelly at HEB then they do about gaza. PB is a real thing that touches them every day, whereas gaza is a far-off land that really doesn't affect us. And let's be real, not much a president is going to do to lower your PB prices. Polls at this point don't make a difference iMO, Americans really only care about what's recently happened , so the gop will do everything they can to make sure nothing gets done so then they can blame the dems, hell if they had their way the government would have been shut down, no aid to our allies would be permitted and no legislation except a ridiculous impeachment or naming an airport after trump.

I think most Americans have their mind made up, not sure how anyone is on the fence at this point unless you really don't pay any attention

The one thing that baffles me about being tribal is folks like Sununu or Barr who tell everyone how bad trump is and he will wreck democracy but then say they will vote for the party over country............I dont get that, I want to bop them upside the head and ask why would you do that? It's like saying I know smoking is bad but dam it all my friends are doing it so I shall smoke to and then you die of lung cancer

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There can be no legitimate conversation with someone who is not honest about their positions and intentions. So why try?

astros123 and ROCKSS like this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The not-so-secret-Trump-voter isn't my narrative, so I'm not arguing for it, but I do think the idea of anonymity on the bbs is interesting. For one thing, one's anonymity here may not be all that strong. I know people could probably find my real identity with a passing familiarity of my posting history, access to the web, and 2 minutes of idle time. More interestingly, your irl identity might be unknown here, but you have a persona within this tiny bbs universe. One is not just a real person putting on an act on the bbs, you have a whole personality here with continuity and history. I see people do the sorts of social maneuvering here to protect their persona's ego that they would do in real life to protect their real-life ego. So I wouldn't be surprised if we had a poster or two here who got their bbs persona twisted in knots swearing up and down that they wouldn't vote for Trump even though they know all along that they intend to. Not that it matters what their irl persona is doing when the only person we know is the bbs persona.

GOATuve, Rashmon, adoo and 2 others like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Me neither, which is why I'll just abstain. We really need a "None of the above" option. And if that gets the majority, then re-run the election, and neither of the candidates of the parties gets to run again.
    I remember seeing some horrifying videos WAY back in the early days of the Internet. I want to say it was called the "Pain Olympics" or something? There was a cash prize. And I think the guy who won took a meat mallet to his balls. Looking back now, the whole thing was probably fake, but I fully believed it at the time.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically
    Trump Voters lie to pollsters

Rocket River

ROCKSS and NewRoxFan like this.
  10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Will vote for Biden to save the country from MAGA

I'm not happy about it though. We need to stop funding a global military police state protection racket at the expense of our own citizens.

“They got money for war, but can’t feed the poor.” - Tupac

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Poll needs an option for I'll Just Smash My Testicles with a Hammer. I really want to see how many people will vote for that one.

FrontRunner, ROCKSS and Rocket River like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These are the problem people
    Everyone votes in their self interest . ... to an extent
    but no one is a Patriot when your party is more important than your country

People who HATE AMERICA . . . mainly because they HATE EVERYONE IN IT WHO IS NOT "THEM"
    They want to control

Its Serfdom Revival

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Imagine being so deranged that you somehow think Biden is as bad as Trump who's a convicted rapist who literally incited a riot because his feelings were hurt that he lost the election.

We have forgiven more money in student debt than we have spent on wars. I'm not sure what reality you're living in

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Check the last option of the poll again.

Haymitch likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The 2016 election was decided by less people than can fit in an average NFL stadium. The 2000 election was decided by less than would fit into a high school auditorium.
    That is your right but barring something very unusual one of them will be president in 2025. Not voting will be tacitly accepting whoever wins.

ROCKSS, Rashmon and NewRoxFan like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It will not get the majority and even if it did it will not lead to the change you expect. There have been plenty of times of low turnout. That didn’t lead to major change.

Not getting involved in the process doesn’t make change happen.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and Xopher like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well we can't argue counter factuals so who knows. You can declare one thing will definitely happen and I could declare another and they're both meaningless. Besides, with this post I was just saying that for me personally, I won't vote until such an option exists (or if I really support a candidate, obviously).

And I'm not saying this one change would be magical and make everything great, but it's part of several changes around elections that I think should be made (ranked choice voting being another).

But we have seen that upholding this fundamentally broken system doesn't lead to any meaningful, positive changes. And why would it? Though broken for us, our system works wonderfully for the political and donor class, so they have zero incentive to change anything. Regular people are given yet another election where they are just voting against the other guy and the majority of people dislike both candidates.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Voting for either of them signals the parties that people will vote for anyone. I am not going to participate in this idiocy. The parties need to get the message .... put up better candidates.

Im in FL. Trump is going to win easily. My vote doesn't matter.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not voting while expressing a desire for change is passively (and dishonestly) voting for trump...

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'm voting for Trump to restore democracy. On the current course we are on, with Democrats in power, the legal system has been corrupted and is now used as a political weapon. Unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats in DC have been given far too much power for too long -- and government spending and deficits are out of control. Government agencies have been corrupted and are not openly pursuing partisan objectives and not dedicating 100% of their efforts to their mission. The media and Big Tech have been corrupted and now do the bidding of the state. Our elections and our border are not secure -- ripping away the heart of democracy -- and Democrats oppose securing elections or the border at every turn.

Voting for Trump restores democracy by taking power out of the hands of unelected, unaccountable officials. Voting for Trump moves us away from the dangers of statism, which the democrats openly advocate. The people should decide how they are governed. And the people they elect should be accountable. The government should work for the people, and not the other way around. Democrats want the government to control the people, control the news flow, and control behavior. Republicans want freedom. It's that simple.

A vote for Trump is a vote to restore democracy.