1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They have been taught from earliest childhood to hate Jews. By "UNRWA" Hamas members. With money funneled there by leftist Western governments.

K9Texan likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed - maybe I am too jaded, but I am surprised at how black and white this topic is for some people.

rocketsjudoka and astros123 like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately, many beleive the '67 "war was meant to wipe Israel out. It wasn't. Israel knew there was no threat and seized the opportunity to grab more land. It was everything they hoped for.

At least that's what and former Israeli prime ministers Begin and Rabin had to say.
    “In June 1967, we again had a choice,” said Menachem Begin, Israeli prime minister from 1977 t0 1983. “We must be honest to ourselves. We decided to attack.”

“I do not think Nasser wanted war,” Yitzhak Rabin, chief of staff of the IDF in 1967, admitted in 1968. “The two divisions he sent to the Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it.”

This is what Moshe Dayan had to say about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/1999-12/24/099r-122499-idx.html

4. astros123

astros123 Member

It's sincerely so hilarious that you keep forgetting the biggest contributor to Hamas was the israeli government. The Israelis are on record claiming they funded hamas bcz they wanted to keep the Palestinians divided and you're such a braindead tool you keep blaming the west.

It's just funny how utterly dumb so many of the folks are in this thread

5. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW I don’t think they need schooling to get Palestinians to hate Israel. They were pushed out of their homes and all their real decisions are made by Israel as well. Many Israeli’s hate Palestinians and they didn’t learn that from school - they learned it from missile attacks and terrorism attacks in Israel by Palestinians.

Mutual hatred comes with the territory.

Interestingly enough - I know a decent number of American Israeli’s and American Palestinians. Some are very much you would expect politically - but not all. I know many that either think both sides are terrible or have sympathies for both sides.

Israel is beautiful - and there are a decent amount of nice people there - but I glad that I do not live there and have to deal with all of this.

rocketsjudoka and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve seen these people get along

You know where ..
    (James harden favorite places)

there is common ground

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

These kids are so ****ing stupid, its like they want to shoot themselves in the foot and don't know how to respectfully convey the point. Nobody wants to be late for work or miss classes/tests. Protest peacefully and then go. home and focus on your classes.

that being said, the "hummus supporter' with the sign standing was apparently a plant. It looked too obvious and staged, but looks like it has been confirmed by a number of sources. I also don't understand why the pro Israeli folks have to resort to this **** either. Its super slimy.

Can we just gtfo the middle east?

8. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

You live in a lie.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? The Palestinians in the West Bank have their own government known as the Palestinian Authority. The Palestinians in Gaza have had Hamas. How is Israel making their decisions for them?

10. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

How many Palestinians live in Israel and how many Jews live in Gaza?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Common sense eludes u.

Why would jews want to live in Gaza, its a fking open air prison.

That's like wondering why aren't there many white people in third world counties. Must b bc folks are hating on white folks. /s

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because I believe the Israeli prime minsters and defense minister?

They were lying?

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Oh, so according to you, it's the Jews' choice and has nothing to do with how they would be treated by the local population if they were to walk around in Gaza as civilians. Got you.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I’ve been being up in other threads is that outrage and simple messages are far easier and provide satisfaction like a drug. It’s far harder and much less satisfying to consider that these issues are complex and ambiguous.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Could b a small minority but I'm pretty sure no Jew willingly wants to live in an open air prison. That's the main factor full stop. No one happily chooses to live in an area where you can get bombed by a nation at any moment as they "hunt for terrorists".

And if u wonder why not move? That's like as dumb as wondering why third world citizens just not move to a better living situation/country

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I admit I haven’t studied the 1967 war very well but I am aware that Israel struck first. There was evidence though that the Arab coalition was gearing up for an offensive on Israel then. Even leaving out the 67 war the wars in 1948 and 1973 were clearly meant to wipe out Israel and in 1973 without the intervention of the US and others they might’ve succeeded.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I’ve known several Israelis and very pro Israel American Jews. I even dated a Jewish girl in college who spent one summer living on a kibbutz and came back saying stuff like she wanted to join the Mossad and didn’t trust the US to protect Israel.

I’ve heard people chanting “Intifada USA!” too.

Because Judo is very popular both among Israelis, Arabs and Iranians I’ve been around many Judoka who have gotten along even though their countries were hostile to each other.

Some of the most circumspect views I’ve heard though have from come from Israelis who opposed Likud and have said that a two state solution is needed.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What do you think would happen to a Jew who indeed wants to move to Gaza and just live there? Do you think they could live in peace and practice their faith?

We already know there are 2 million Muslim Arab Israelis with full citizen rights.

So we also know exactly which side ACTUALLY wants to commit genocide against the other.

Hint: It's not the ones who allow 2 million of the other side to live among them with full citizen rights.

20. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

ATW has no idea what you mean as he sits in his house on the South Side of Chicago and shares Xeets all day.