1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am confused.

You seem to have been repeatedly accusing people of hypocrisy when they condemn KPJ's crime and take Giddey's lightly. The implication, if I understand you correctly, is that KPJ and Giddey are equally or nearly equally guilty.

The equality you imply does not make sense to me. First, just because two people have broken the law involving a girlfriend does not mean that their crimes are equally bad. Second, just because both victims refused to push charges does not mean the victims had the same motive for the refusal. Third, using legality to judge the moral quality of an action seems to be problematic.

It seems to most people's moral instinct (for as much as we can know about the two cases) that KPJ's action was more appalling than Giddey's. For one, Giddey's case seems to be consensual. Most people can relate to youth sexual relationships. But it is difficult to imagine a violent beating would be consensual. For two, Giddey allegedly began a sexual relationship with the girl when he himself was a teenager and they seem to have continued the relationship past the age of consent for the girl. KPJ's action happened when he was 22 years old.

Scarface281 likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have no say in the matter, I will cheer for the Rox regardless, I think I WOULD sign him, but it is not my call.

Not gonna lose sleep over it - or anything.....this is just basketball...FFS.

DD

roslolian likes this.
  3. a time to chill

It’s a shame that KPJ got arrested. The Jalen Green vs KPJ debates would’ve been wild this season.

4. foh

foh Member

Not a one night stand? Social media has pictures of them hugging & the court is supposed to assume long term sexual relationship?
    You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt something like "he knew". She must've had an id to get into clubs - why would he not believe it?

Giddy can get off the hook for clubbing with an underage 1 year younger than the age of consent - at least once, with "I was stupid" excuse.
    I wouldn't be shocked if a sizable percentage of these NBA dumb & famous kids did something of the sort & just paid off the people involved.

Scarface281 likes this.
  5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

So people that do not want a proven headcase who has been a POS at every stop in his career, and oh yeah, has assaulted women on more than one occasion, are all scumbags and the worst people on the board???

That's sad and hysterical at the same time.

They're should be a poll as to how many think you're the biggest scumbag on the board. You might not win, but I imagine you'd be near the top.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I forget how often I need to spell things out for certain types around here.

I'm not saying that everyone who wouldn't want KPJ back is a scumbag....I don't really want him back because I'd be concerned to the issues it might cause in the locker room.

That said, all of the biggest scumbags that pay here would be those crying the loudest if it happened.

Is that simple enough for you, or do you need a Venn diagram?

7. foh

foh Member

"scumbags" on our forum? - would love to hear names being named from whoever posted that. it will be more fun and less damage to the team than if KPJ somehow makes it on the roster again. Let's challenge the guy :)

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hopefully no one on the board takes this stuff so seriously that they go and create an alternate profile just to debate. Eh Margrave?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

KPJ also had no sexual relationships with almost middle school aged girls. That's disgusting & nobody in the nba should be playing under these circumstances

10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Wow

There's no end to you embarrassing yourself.

Hey comedy is needed... carry on.

IBTL and Pistol Pete like this.
  11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya he only beats them

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Bobby calling anyone else a scumbag is hilarious.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Trying people on the court of public opinion is also an immoral act right? It's not like people here did any investigation they are just basing on less evidence than the trial. The people here castigated and insulted KPJ is also an immoral act. So if you think judging people based on legality is immoral what people here are doing is even more immoral.

What KPJ got convicted of at the end of the day is misdemeanor assault. He didn't even get jail time just community service and mandated therapy. He already paid the price of 40M USD thanks to his actions.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You need to reread what I wrote. You apparently misunderstood my point.

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

This thread is like a personality test..

AroundTheWorld, daywalker02 and foh like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The lengths people go...........and then there are posters calling other posters scumbags when the real scumbag is playing Tmac in Greece right?

Oh and btw KPJ actions happened when he was 23 year old.

Easy likes this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He wasn't convicted of beating anybody..Assaulting could be any form of touching. We can confirm Giddey had not only sex, but a ongoing relationship with a almost middle school girl

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are trying to rationalize statutory rape. Listen to yourself. I've already denounced BOTH of these guys, but somehow KIddey keeps getting brought up as some sort of misunderstood guy who was deceived while KPJ was declared an "attempted murderer" and someone who had broken that womans neck only to find out that the facts were all sensationalized. The images released of the battered woman dont support the claims of a homicidal attack. LISTEN CAREFULLY -- it still doesnt make it right! I've said as much. If you cling to the letter of the law for one guy then it MUST be applied to both instances. Child predators are the lowest of the low followed closely by rapists and wife beaters in my book, but it appears you have those two alternately 'ranked' for your own reasons and that is YOUR moral compass.

When a guy turns 18 he is no longer a child. We all are taught to understand that. Giddey didnt have a Romeo and Juliet situation that extended out a romance from High School. He met this girl at a club and then CONTINUED a relationship with her beyond that night. Are you really that naive to believe the guy didnt know how old she was? He's a pig and so is KPJ it really is that simple, but some of you still have some weird delusions about what is right and what is wrong.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So does that mean I managed to dumb it down enough for you to follow along?