1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hush Money Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2024.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Where did I say that "everything" is rigged?

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Do you want to offer any support for any of things you just claim here? Because I'm not finding it very persuasive.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

1. Ultimately this case will get tossed, either by jury or on appeal.

2. Biden will retain the presidency no matter how bad off are the American people.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Those are predictions, not evidence.

Maybe you have a link to an article by a legal scholar who has a convincing argument why an appeals court would toss any conviction. Maybe you have a good conspiracy podcast that explains how it is Biden has rigged the election. I'm just going by what I see here..somebody is going to need to give me a framework with reasons to believe I'd I'm going to think that somehow what I see is not what I get.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They don't seem to believe in Evidence . .. only FEELINGS!

Rocket River

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Worries likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Anything happening today? Haven't turned on MSNBC yet....

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You're such a lia---

....Oh. Um.....

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. NewRoxFan

I suspect trump and team are happy they succeeded in getting a potential jurist off without having to use a challenge... but yet another example of trump violating the rule of law for selfish gain... and also the danger in allowing a defendant to expose jurists and other members of the court to potential harm.

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

trump wants to be thrown in jail, as dumb as he is he isn't this dumb.......it's a tactic so he can then show his sheep that he is just like Nelson M and they will fall for it. I get that the judge has to bend over a little because of who trump is but at some point, he will have to do something if this keeps up................hell, we haven't even started the trial yet and he is acting like a petulant child. Can you imagine the outbursts when Cohen takes the stand?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

For no particular reason... a historical example of attempted jurist intimidation...

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projec...timidate,Volstead Act violations were dropped).

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This trial is probably pretty funny to outsiders. A former president and current nominee is on trial during an election year for an alleged 2016 crime. 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022. 2023, or 2025 seems to be better years for this trial. This is the person that the people has chosen to run for the presidency. Trump can kick rocks but the people deserve better.

14. NewRoxFan

Funny how hard trump supporters re-spin any situation to defend trump. The question in front of this criminal court was whether trump committed a crime. trump wanted this trial delayed, with the defense that you couldn't try a sitting president. Then... his legal team has attempted (and continues to attempt) delay after delay. Republicans could have chosen someone not indicted and trump could have withdrawn from the race. But selfishly (likely driven as much by self-preservation to avoid punishment) he continue his campaign and republican voters blindly supported him over a number of other (better) candidates. So when looking to blame... begin by looking in the mirror.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I understand your perspective and appreciate it.

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The comparison to Mandela is so ridiculous though. You'd have to be a blind sheep with half a brain to agree with Trump's comparison to Mandela. Mandela was globally regarded as an icon of democracy and social justice, and received more than 250 honors, including the Nobel Peace Prize.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump has delayed the trial over and over. He chose the delay tactics. Sorry if the schedule isn't convenient for the person indicted for crimes.

Other defendants don't get the same delays.

VooDooPope likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Apology accepted. Can't cry over spilt milk at this point. Hopefully the American people are able to make their choice despite the theatrics.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm proud of General for changing his posting style this time when making his new account. The religious stuff is a nice touch, too bad you still slip back in to character every few posts.

Get a life and pay your debts.

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Just a reminder that the Federal Government declined to prosecute this fake crime years ago... the statute of limitations is long past, these are misdemeanors that have never in history been charged as felonies, and Democrats are breaking 250 years of history by bringing criminal charges against a former President -- and the case they have chosen is falsifying business records -- the thinnest of crimes.

It's no wonder the public confidence in this trial is at rock bottom levels. Democrats are abusing the once-respected legal system to pursue their short term political objectives. This is not what made America great. It's the stuff of African countries.

Astrodome likes this.