1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

What did the legal system say?

Dude was arrested and released. That has more weight than AP gimme a break.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of y’all live in an alternate universe

in general, u get away with more sh*t when you’re elite at your craft…if KPJ was elite at his craft like Kobe, Karl Malone, and Mayweather, he’d still be on the Rockets

his level of play is not worth the headache for an NBA team and not enough to overcome his long history of fck ups that have happened since college and will likely continue to happen…clearly the Babylonian League or wherever the hell he’s playing now doesn’t care, he’s probably the best player there

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

No not that. Just that we wouldn’t trot out related criminals on a Rockets board. Personally, I dont think Kobe or Mayweather are great people. But assuming everyone that is condemning KPJ is doing so while not condemning other known assholes isn’t a salient argument. It’s inaccurate and an odd distraction.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

The standards aren't the same right? You can't mention KPJ without somebody calling him a POS and saying he should be banned for life whereas nobody really mentions the rape when Kobe is talked about not just outside, but even on this board.

I'm not sure why you think that's not a salient argument that's just inconsistent behavior.

glynch likes this.
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For those paying attention..... The assault was the last straw for a consistent problem child. KPJ didn't get the benefit of the doubt this time because he is a confirmed **** head. He's had multiple chances to get his act together and just won't.

IBTL, daywalker02 and topfive like this.
  6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fixed it for you

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe a team with a good culture wants to flip the switch, the opposite of why the Rox dumped him. :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't like Dillon Brooks but he has place on this team.

Not KPJ.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I see you are mentally ill like DD. Very nice. The legal system said OJ was innocent,for example. No one with a brain believes that though.

10. foh

foh Member

two factors: pleads guilty to assault of GF (in a "deal" w prosecutor) & is not that great of a player. When people of his caliber demand a trade, for instance, teams blacklist such player because an unneeded headache. Same happened with KPJ (but for a different reason - for being a headcase).

Kobe won championships & died with his daughter in a fiery crash and so had been understandably white washed by the public.

Nobody says nice things about Karl Malone except basketball nerds.

Mayweather doesn't represent a multi-billion dollar league with a huge TV deal and multitude of white collar stake holders. He is a guy who is out for himself competing in a league widely perceived as corrupt & watched by a rougher crowd than basketball. I'm sure if you were to research UFC fighters, you'd find cases of domestic violence in active fighters' background. Heck, its top honcho, Dana White slapped his wife in public & it's all good.

Giddey had a 1st time offense (that wasn't proven intentional, I believe) and has a "nice boy from Australia" family support and reputation.

Let this KPJ guy go. He was cancelled, yes. But he deserved it.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I get your point but Kobe was different because the women was a prostitute with several other semen from other men found in her that night. Kobe was a mlney grab. And Giddey hooked up with a minor who was in an adult club. This KPJ **** and Karl Malone are/were on another level

12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

A better comparison is Josh Giddey. If he can play in the nba KPJ can

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The girl Katelyn was not clearly a prostitute, more of a staff person in a hotel or Spa.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nah cause Giddey was at an adult venue a minor snuck in to. He wasn't at a high school dance

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Still crazy to hear some of you chill with statutory rape because of a venue. The ONLY reason Giddey is not facing charges is because the family didnt want to pursue the charges otherwise dude would be cooked. Being lied to by a girl who is a minor does not hold up in court ESPECIALLY when it was not a one night stand. You guys want others to use common sense when applying it to KPJ yet fail to do the same for other players? Weird.

Follow the money!

topfive and peleincubus like this.
  16. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'm going to leave this here. You don't need to respond. I'm not insulting you. A lot of people here have probably dealt with domestic violence in one shape or form. It's not funny nor do we appreciate you apologizing for a piece of garbage like KPJ.

Be better my friend. I get you're a fan of his but that doesn't excuse who he is as a person.I hope you heed this and find better people to root for. Sengun would be a good start Holiday too

17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Facts. The family got 6 figures

KPJ is trash though

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Man, this thread is a beating.

topfive likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He had a sexual relationship with a minor. The venue they met is irrelevant. His privilege kept him out of prison

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Both guys are bad. Making excuses for either one is a waste of time.

GOATuve likes this.