1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Defending KPJ is like saying since Trump hasn't been criminally convicted of anything then he is fine. You are ready to hang that dude in the other forum. Money talks in the court of law.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

It has happened in every situation

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No it hasn't....the burden of proof lies with you - post your data.....or stop lying.

DD

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the fight started when Kysre found out that DD is KPJ's side chick.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ultimately it doesn’t matter what i say or anyone says. You have your opinion, for whatever reason, and that’s that. Plenty of people have give you plenty of facts, you don’t care. Let’s just all agree that it’s great he’s off the team and we don’t have to worry about his option being picked up!

GOATuve likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Anyone think he is actually going to be signed by a NBA team for next season? Going through the bottom feeders, Washington feels like the only team that might be desperate enough. Among playoff teams that don’t have much further flexibility and could have an early exit spur some desperation…maybe Lakers or Bucks?

I’m going with no.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Aside from the fact that KPJ pleaded guilty to assault, something you have lied about so frequently I lost track, I believe her when she told the police a drunken KPJ beat her senseless in a midtown hotel room. That fits with everything thing we know about KPJ and his pattern of behavior.

I don't believe her when she said she "fell out of bed and hit her head on a wall" and the police mysteriously showed up - that's not how walls or beds work in real life.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He has a stench.

He throws **** at coaches, he leaves games, you can't push him as hard since it may flare up a mood for the day, etc. Sure he has potential, but considering that the Rockets had John Lucas personally baby sit the guy and it still led to on-going issues, why the hell would a team bring him in? I don't see him ever back in the NBA, even if a team is desperate for potential. Even the year that the Cavs were giving him away, the Rockets were the only takers, and only because we really were depleted of any actual talent and thought having John Lucas here would help keep him under control. I feel the Rockets gave the man a real opportunity, they gave him real responsibilities and even forced their coach to anoint him a "Head Honcho". They ****ing looked the other way when they shouldn't.

He really got a real chance. The hotel situation could have easily been avoided and he would still be playing right now.

He's a headcase that does not lead you to wins even if he can fill up the stat sheet. Why the hell would anyone bring him in? Even when he seems to be doing better, he can have a mood swing that flares up. We will see how his European stint goes. My guess is that teams will probably wait a couple of years to see how he does over there to even think about bringing him in to the NBA.

GOATuve, topfive, slothy420 and 3 others like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Who is DD?

10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Maybe the Lakers with LeBron James or the Warriors with Stephen Curry, Draymond Green.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Certainly not anyone with decent basketball takes.....

GOATuve likes this.
  12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

14. PeppermintCandy

Since the original video was deleted, I'll just delete my response too LOL.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah...

I was beating a dead horse.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

To be honest I don't see what the issue is. Yeah KPJ beat his gf, it's not proven in court. As such he is free to do his business here and elsewhere. That's how the legal system works.

Why is Kobe seen as one of the basketball greats? Dude raped a girl he should be disgraced and removed from basketball elite. Yeah the case was dropped ok so that's fine but KPJ's case isn't?

Why is Karl Malone in all the lists of greatest PFs ever? Dude wasn't just a pedo, he also impregnated a 14 yr old AND became a dead beat dad. He should have been in jail once that got discovered but nobody gives a F.

Why is Mayweather still walking around after he beat his GF? He even got into multiple fights and promotions after that America didn't give a F still sold out all his fights.

So why is KPJ being singled out here? I don't really get it. Hell just recently Giddey got in trouble for hooking up with a minor but because the case got dropped he is in the clear now but KPJ nah, that dude has to pay for his sins for life.

#4636 roslolian, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    glynch and DaDakota like this.
  17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Because those people weren’t Rockets.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

She was never interviewed by the police that evening, and he plead guilty to a misdemeanor assault - yes......

@roslolian because they didn't like him before this happened........

DD

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

So morality is based on team affiliation now?

I should play for some small ass team with no following then I could do whatever I want.

He isn't even a Rocket now so by the logic that those other guys weren't Rockets why should you even care if he goes back to the league? As long as he doesn't sign with the Rockets you all shouldn't care if he plays in the NBA again.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just making stuff up - via the AP:

According to a criminal complaint, Gondrezick told police that Porter punched her repeatedly in the face with a closed fist, causing an inches-long gash above the right eye, bruising and substantial pain to her face.

Gondrezick, 26, said Porter also wrapped his hands around her neck and strangled her, causing her to have difficulty breathing, redness and bruising to her neck, and loss of motion to her left arm.​