1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is really just a pitiful desperate attempt to deflect from what was obvious to anyone with an objective thinking brain that KPJ was and is a bad person. DD and Bobby went all in on KPJ despite everyone telling them he was a ticking time bomb and looked bad when his conduct rightfully got him kicked out of the league.

GOATuve, slothy420, Dobbizzle and 2 others like this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm sure OJ agrees with you as he burns in hell...

Pistol Pete likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no such thing as hell.

But sure.

Look I was all onboard, when it was reported he hurt her neck, which was false, then it turns out she never was interviewed by the police and they made the story up in their report, now I am like...WTF????

So, when she says, nothing happened as reported, never hit etc, and they drop the charges down to a misdemeanor which will be expunged, that says to me that they knew they couldn't win, and KPJ took a small plea to get it behind him.....

So for me - I don't see this as much more than an argument with yelling etc...and both the police the DA and everyone else took the easy road out.

Nothing is going to change my mind unless Kyrse says it happened, so keep on with your MOCK outrage, or your anti KPJ whatever, we aren't going to EVER agree - and I am 100% fine with that. Any other posts are just whomever trying to waste time typing, and gum up this BBS.

DD

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How do you know he didn’t give his life to Christ before passing away?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I used it as a figure of speech.

6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Thanks for providing me context. Everything you have shown me provides factual context as well as a very solid explanation. I appreciate it

Mathloom likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Trying to remember the last time I bled from someone yelling at me in an "argument"...

LOL

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Uhhhh sir….. Are you applying this logic to all of the domestic violence incidents where the victim recants? Only applicable to this one where it happens to be an athlete that you go to bat for no matter what?

GOATuve and Pistol Pete like this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

She claims that she fell from her hotel bed and hit her head (or something like that). It's comical that DD is so obsessed with believing Kysre.

@DaDakota here is a link to the penal code for misdemeanor assault in the state of NY.

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PEN/120.00

Now, could you explain why KPJ agreed to plea to misdemeanor assault based on what this actually means? If the defense would have had Kysre's account of what happened, why not just drag this to court to actually clear his name? I guess the plea deal was a pretty good one, agree to this charge, however, we will clear out your record if you follow these things? Maybe it's a damn good deal and KPJ just wanted to get back to playing basketball rather than dragging this out. However, why continue calling it nothing when the NY Penal Code is clearly defined? I know you been educated on this already, I'm not understanding why it means nothing to you.

DaDakota and GOATuve like this.
  11. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

DD's not going to believe anything you tell him that doesn't fit his narrative, even if it is links to the actual laws.

I had a felony DV case (due to priors) one time and the victim was cooperative / non-cooperative depending on the day. At one point, she told me that the guy offered to buy her a car if she refused to come to court.

I'm guessing KPJ could afford a similar offer. Her changing her story doesn't particularly surprise me, given my experience. All kinds of reasons why that might happen.

AroundTheWorld and GOATuve like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I know, I'm not even sure why I got myself back in here. He has a distorted interpretation of the facts only because one of his buddy's went through something similar, past police corruption, and the fact that KPJ is AA. So based on these accounts, he went ahead and shifted the narrative, when most times he would of just accepted it for what it is and been disappointed. He wants to be 100% right on the potential of KPJ and wants to tell us "I told you so" someday.

GOATuve likes this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah she "fell and hurt herself".

That's why her sister threatened his life.

Makes a whole lot of cents...

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Lets pretend the sister didn't threaten him, how believable is it to trip and hit your head when someone enters the room? I guess he must have come in with some force or something, right? But then again, the man tried to get into the hotel room, likely knocked and screamed at the door several times and Kysre was in a heavy sleep, but then, KPJ gets the security guards to open the door for him, and you are telling me only then this girl wakes up?!? Likely because KPJ turned on the light I guess?! Wut lol.

I'm really disappointed the cops didn't have a body cam on them. What about the hotel, did they not have cameras? How about the guests and employees, apparently the girl was crying, what the hell did they hear.

Hard to believe Kysre when so much went on, but sure, lets plead to a misdemeanor because the state does not have case.

#4614 ElPigto, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    DaDakota and GOATuve like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I really really don't understand how this continually infects people's brains here, an turns them into a crazy person. I mean some were crazy before I'm sure but this obsession I've literally seen drive people mad. Like there is a dude that literally cannot accept that Terrence Jones was an actual person that played basketball for the Houston Rockets. It's insane.

The fact is NOBODY really cares if someone made a prediction years ago, and it comes true. These are human being athletes, and things change on a dime. You won't be crowned Nostradamus if you evangelize a player early in their career, and they turn out to be great 5 years later. You won't feel any better either personally because you'll lose your mind along the way, and get caught up in drama that makes you look ridiculous. I don't want to name names but we all know folks that even this year lost their way a little bit with a fan obsession that led let to overzealous self importance.

We are fans... this is for fun. You don't have to be sooo right that you'll literally sacrifice whatever moral positions you have in the real world just to try and win an argument with other sports fans on a sports forum.

So DD.... take a break bro. Great time for an offseason Hiatus.

GOATuve and ElPigto like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

She’s a clumsy girl

DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. DaDakota

Sure....MIGHT......or she MIGHT be telling the truth and in the absence of evidence.....you can choose to believe whatever you like I guess.

As for why he took the deal, it got it out of the court system and let's him reclaim his career without any record at all - seems the DA didn't have a case, and he and they took the easy way out.....good for all involved.

I don't care about "told you so" - I just like to deal in facts, not conjecture - the only one that is speaking that was there was Kyrse - so shouldn't we all believe her?

Well, I for one, do.

DD

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

In every single situation where a rich famous athlete assaulted his wife/gf, the girl has defended the guy. Just because they lie in 100% of situations doesn’t mean she’s lying now….except we know she is

19. DaDakota

That's just not true. You should know better.....100% - come on....show your data sir...

DD

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kysre is compromised because
    1. Still got feelings for that kid
    2. Waiting for his payday
    2b....Her modelling brand also took a PR hit.... so she decided to do damage control for both of them.
    3. Also once that case has developed feet of its own, her testimonials do not matter as much, KPJ just got lucky he did not break anything now that we know more of it.

But I guess someone at least got to her that she and KP are not meant for each other......she got out of that abuse cycle.....

and KPJ can target another girl......with less million dollars.

#4620 daywalker02, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024