1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hush Money Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

No dumbass. Read what he is being charged with. Educate yourself.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fools don't educate themselves. They rely on what Trump and right wing news tells them about all of Trump's criminal acts. They are too lazy to research the facts. The worst are the crazies who call others liars, and when presented the facts don't even have the decency to apologize.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

You might want to rethink who you believe the peds are.

In the last year, 78 politicians have been arrested or convicted of sex crimes involving minors. Here's the breakdown:

56 republicans
    10 Democrats
    2 Libertarians
    10 unknown/unaffiliated.

9 of the top 10 states with the highest rates of sex crimes with minors are republican states.
    The 10 states with the lowest rates of sex crimes with minors are either Democrats (7) or Swing states (3).

4. Xopher

Xopher Member

But it's the Dems in those Republican states doing all the molesting. Ha! Gotcha!

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Eh, partly agree.

1. Leftists like me want to see Trump imprisoned. And I dislike him. But, I don't want to see him imprisoned because I dislike him. I want to see him imprisoned because he committed crimes and deserves it. And, to your later point, I want a message sent to anyone who would commit crimes like him, that they should be deterred by the prospect of prison.

2. He is not being charged, as you want to assert, for covering up an affair. He's charged with falsifying business records in his attempt to circumvent campaign finance law that would have made his cover-up obvious to the media and hurt his electoral chances by letting the voting public know something true about him. As I understand it, charges for falsifying business records does happen. Probably charging national political figures with it when they're covering up affairs probably does not happen as much as it should. If he was not running for office, I doubt it would have been brought. But, the caprice of prosecutors to not usually pursue powerful figures when they commit crimes doesn't magically make the crime that Trump committed somehow not a crime.

Rashmon, Hmmmm710, ROCKSS and 5 others like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Has Trump won his case yet by settlement?

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My Greatest Struggle Ever In History (?)

The Art of the Weasel (?)

ROCKSS, FrontRunner, adoo and 2 others like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It just goes to show that once again the facts are different from what those lying politicians want people to believe.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Exactly. If you can't abide by the law, then you should be prosecuted for your crimes. You shouldn't get off easy because of who you are. The law is the law. It's the reason Trump is desperately trying to get his party to push for full immunity. He doesn't want to be prosecuted for crimes he commits.

Hmmmm710 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

At some point justice will be served...

ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm beginning to wonder about that. The guy should have been locked up so many times in his life it makes my head spin. Payoffs, hush money, bribes, and a two tiered justice system are the reason he always knew he could get away with anything.

ROCKSS and rocketsjudoka like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

All I really want to see from this trial is Trump go on the record confirming he had the affair, something he has still denied even to this day. Just make him tell the truth under penalty of perjury that he had the affair.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump gripes he can’t reject ‘unlimited’ jurors in New York hush money trial

Samantha Chorny, a criminal defense lawyer in New York City, told CNBC that if there were unlimited peremptory strikes, as Trump wants, “I mean, no one would ever pick a jury.”

Trump’s complaint on Truth Social demonstrates “his willful ignorance of the law,” said Jeremy Saland, another New York criminal defense attorney.

Saland said it is difficult to imagine that Trump “doesn’t know that simple fact” about jury selection strike rules, particularly since he faces four pending criminal cases.

“It tells me he doesn’t really believe” what he is saying and that Trump is trying to “appear as a victim,” Saland said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/17/trump-complains-about-hush-money-trial-jury-selection.html

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Since when are people listening to SAS regarding politics? Lmao

ROCKSS and Xopher like this.
  18. Xopher

Xopher Member

I didn't think we listened to him regarding sports. Now this?

19. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

There is no crime here. This is Kangaroo Court stuff. The DA, prosecution, and judge are all far-left radicals. In the end this will all get tossed.

None of it matters. The elections are rigged and Biden is a LOCK to retain the presidency. The whole world knows it, except leftist cultists, of course. Anything to serve the mega-rich elitists in the Washington Establishment!

2w9g09.jpg

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So if it is all rigged why do you think the charges will be tossed?

If everything is just rigged for Biden then wouldn’t it be more likely that Trump would’ve already been convicted on something already and denied ballot access as a convicted felon? Instead we’re seeing Trump getting not just due process but preferential treatment in courts. That has allowed him to delay his trials and get more consideration than any other criminal defendant would.

Hmmmm710, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.