1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe in God and that ALL go (eventually) to Heaven. Would you like that outcome?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K9Texan, Mar 17, 2024.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

FYI, the demon and angel are both the devil. :confused:

2. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Mainstream Christianity believes and teaches that Satan, out of the blue (so to speak), rebelled against God along with 1/3 of the other angels. While that is true, I believe that God ordained them to do so. Why? For our spiritual development.

Is Satan a "bad seed"? Jesus said in Matthew 7:18 "A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit." Obviously, God is NOT a "bad fruit" and does NOT create bad fruit. So, no, Satan is not actually a "bad" fruit.

In the Book of Job, we read that Satan asks God's permission to torment (test) Job. Did you get that? Satan asked God's permission. What does that tell us? Obviously, Satan is acting within certain parameters as established by God. Satan will not cross those parameters without first asking God for permission to do so. You can read the book of Job here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job 1&version=ESV

As well, the belief that God would create entities in order to torture them forever is certainly contrary to what the Bible tells us.

1 John 4:7-19
    7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us.

Does that sound like a God that would torture something forever? And for what purpose, sadistic pleasure? LOL. No. That's not how God operates.

God is using Satan, dark angels, and demons, which are the souls of dead Nephilim, who were created by dark angels and human women as described in Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them."

And then we see here that ALL will declare that Jesus is Lord and also that anyone who does so WILL BE SAVED. That will include Satan, dark angels, and demons.

Philippians 2:10-11 esv
    so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Romans 10:9 esv
    because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

We then see in Revelation 20 where Jesus returns and Satan (and his minions) is bound, chained, and locked away for 1,000 years.

Revelation 20:1-3
    20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. 2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

Thereafter, we see that Satan is released.
    Revelation 20:7
    7 And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison

So if Satan is working against God's will, why then does God release him from captivity? We should glean that, if Satan is NOT released, then our Earthly education will be incomplete.

I will add that I believe that this experience is not only for our benefit but for the benefit of angels. Why do I believe that? I'll show you.

1 Corinthians 6:3
    Do you not know that we are to judge angels?

Remember how Satan must ask God permission to cross parameters? Other angels have violated God's will and have been locked away until the judgment.

Jude 1:6
    And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day.

I hope that helps your understanding. Please feel at liberty to ask questions or to challenge anything I have stated. And just remember, most people are not of God but are instead "of the world" and they may not be going directly to Heaven upon death, but only Jesus can make that judgment.

JuanValdez likes this.
  3. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

I also want to add that even Heaven has gates and walls. Nobody goes there unless they are a faithful follower of Jesus. That means no Muslims, atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. When I hear leftists complain about "Christian nationalism", the irony isn't lost on me that, in the end, EVERYONE will be a Christian "nationalist". LOL.

With that said, I am not a Christian nationalist in that I do not support the concept of denying non-Christians the privilege of emigrating to the U.S. The reason that I am generally against Muslim immigration is that their loyalty is oftentimes (not always) to the Quran and Sharia Law. I believe that immigrants should agree with the principles of the U.S. Constitution and respect the rights of others to believe whatever they like without being beheaded or thrown off of a rooftop for being gay. Muslims who want to follow the Quran and Sharia Law shouldn't come to the U.S. They should emigrate to a nation that follows those theologies.

tinman likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be clear
    I don’t want the woke people to confront religious people with their ideology

I want them to confront cartel and gang members with their ideology

it would be wonderful to see a woke protestor stopping some gang bangers from polluting the air with gasoline exhaust during drive by shootings
    @rocketsjudoka
    @AroundTheWorld
    @Salvy
    @CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

K9Texan and Salvy like this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So, if I can make an inference, you believe these non-Christians will go to this purgatory version of hell for a while, but they will eventually confess Jesus is Lord and go to Heaven and not be stuck in hell for eternity. But no one goes to heaven without first accepting Jesus -- it's just inevitable that they will in the end. Is that right?

And, contemplating a response re Satan, but don't have time to bust out the Bible right now.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

That's what it says.

7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Blah, Blah, Blah. You are actually praying to a being wants to put you through suffering so you will love it more? Job shoud have been like "peace out *******". He probably would have if he had actually KNOWN he was being used as pawn in some dick measuring contest.