1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] X-Men '97 (Animated)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The best part (so far) is lack of Wolverine. So little Wolverine, I'm actually wanting to see more, especially with the tone they're going with.

[​IMG]

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Just got around to episode 5. Wow…that ending was crazy good.

Ziggy likes this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Episode 6 was really good too

I liked the Milky Way ghetto line lol

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am liking this show but it is the GREATEST THING EVAH!
    It is better than the original but not by much
    Still has some hokey language and I am not a major fan of the Animation
    The storylines are decent but feel rushed and simple

Good Show but not the best

Rocket River

robbie380 likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They sure did rush through Storm's arc. And Professor X's a bit. BUT it's 10 episodes and you don't want people to get bored as the show is dialogue/story driven, not action-driven.

For example, the Invincible S2 finale, IMO, dragged on wayyyyyy too long. I like the show's slower pace but the final act of that finale killed the momentum IMO.

I was expecting a dud episode like ep4 but this one was dope. I mean... a crow-demon with 8-pack abs is pretty dumb unless it's Sunny in Philadelphia.

Invisible Fan and Rocket River like this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Finally started watching my favorite cartoon from the 90s. It's really good, everything is about the same as I can remember. It cut deep when cyclops said I won't abandon my son like my dad.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's been a pleasant surprise.

I didn't even mind that Jubilee episode because it's exactly like how I'd remember jubilee and they didn't Brita it up with any Saturday morning special messages...just some girl who got caught up in xmen ish even though she should be in a school for gifted children that just lost its father figure.

But if you want to go deep in that ep,
    it's really social commentary about the obesity epidemic and how taking ozempyc doesn't kill the inner demons inside.
    [​IMG]

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Latest episode was BUSY but DOPE.

Cyclops and Rogue are so cool in this and SO BAD in the movies. Geez, how'd they **** it up so bad?

robbie380 and Rocket River like this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Busy is probably the best criticism of this entire series. It would help a lot if they could extend the episodes by 5-10 min.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Beezy

Beezy Member

I love this show and would be absolutely in favor of this. They're juggling so much with a cast this large and blazing through storylines.

Also, it's a crime that they haven't re-released the old X-Men/Marvel Capcom games to capitalize on the show's popularity (I don't count those stupid Arcade 1-Up cabinets).

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was ELITE at MvC2 (sprite wars) and XMEN vs SF. The other games in the series, not so much.

Beezy likes this.