1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You read my mind. I was thinking that same thing watching the game tonight.

mikol13 likes this.
  2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So I've thought about this and did a little research.

As far as professional sports teams and college, the two teams who are synonymous with light blue (some variation) besides the Houston Oilers are the KC Royals and the Tar Heels.

The Rangers (1976-82) and other MLB teams (large chunk in the 80's) had some sort of baby blue jersey as it was trendy back then.

But the Oilers and Light Blue have been a thing since the 1960's all the way til they moved to Memphis.

No other team has had baby blue in their look for such a consecutive streak (# of years)

It's like the Astros and the color orange.

Now granted the Texans are NOT the Oilers but TENN took it too far last year and they need to be reminded those colors belong to HOUSTON

#1842 Clutch City1993, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The Titans were dumb to mess with the original uniform to begin with. I know it's all about making more money for owners though, so many teams change them up to increase sales. Their current uniforms aren't near as good. Honestly though, I hope messing with our uniforms doesn't make them less appealing. I loved them, especially the battle red. I don't want to end up looking too much like another team. As long as they keep out black, that's a good thing. I don't like black uniforms at all. I hated when the Rockets and Cougars went with black uniforms. I also don't like predominately white in uniforms. I can't stand white jerseys with white pants. It's so boring.

4. Clutch City1993

It's also interesting cause the teams who DID use Baby Blue as a long term primary look (Royals/Expos/Blue Jays) ditched their baby blues in the 90s to go more modern.

The Oilers were one of the few pro sports franchises that didn't get an ugly 90's makeover.

#1844 Clutch City1993, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    MadMax likes this.
  5. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Couldn't agree more. All they had to do was replace the derrick with the thumbtack and they would now have a classic uniform synonymous with Tennessee. Instead, they have a moth-balled classic uniform that the vast majority still associates with Houston. They really screwed the poo.......made a blunder with that one.

6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

The best part is that the whole name, uniform, colors and logo change about directly from the slack-jawed yokels in Possum Holler whining and b****ing about wanting their own team and identity. Fast forward a quarter century and a third rate backwater full of inbred mouth breathers has failed, spectacularly, in forging that identity. The only question now is, how long til they just give up entirely and change it all back.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I saw this thread had new posts and I hoped it was news which would eclipse other events of the day

8. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Ba-dum-ching

Blatz and MadMax like this.
  9. MadMax

What?

Lol

10. Clutch City1993

Exactly!!!!! If that franchise achieved any sort of relevance since they moved, they wouldn't be so desperate to market and sell Houston Oilers merch.

I remind those TENN clowns every chance I get.

kdchilds, Colt45, Qan and 1 other person like this.
  11. MadMax

Pretty sure we just became best friends

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  12. Clutch City1993

I think we always have been brother just never knew. Pleasure to be on this board with you and a few others. # HTOWN

MadMax likes this.
  13. Qan

Qan Member

QFT

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Titan Up ! Come on Debs embrace the hybrid fusion *wink

15. War Machine

War Machine Member

Ngl I strongly prefer our old number font to these new ones. For whatever reason, I’ve never liked numbers that don’t connect. Just looks weird to me. I miss the red numbers too, which I always thought was the best aspect of our old road uni’s. Really wish they would’ve stuck with those. But I digress. Gotta learn to like these cause they’re not going anywhere for at least 5 years.

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

With all the different photoshop uniforms out there, I forgot what the new one looked like.

[​IMG]

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I mean, they kinda did.

upload_2024-4-9_19-21-58.png

upload_2024-4-9_19-18-9.jpeg

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm with ya there. I like the red numbers better. I wonder if those pants have the white and red stripes on the side like the old ones. I hope so, or those are kind of boring. Actually reminds me too much of Atlanta. That blue almost looks black.

War Machine likes this.
  19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It looks like the pants have a bold red stripe and a narrow white stripe beside it going down the side. You can see it in the reflection in the pic above

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dang, I can't see it.

Blatz likes this.