1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have finally lost FAITH in Jalen, we need to trade him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Apr 6, 2024.

?

Should we trade Jalen this summer?

1. Yes! Trade Jalen and pick for Mikal Bridges

13 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. No! Keep the team intact and Jalen will play better.

46 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Trade Jalen but for another STAR

47 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL

Ok Bright eye...

When did I do this???

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’d trade Jalen for a star but not some old all star. It would have to be an allstar in his 20’s.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

You would have to attach 1st round picks for that to happen

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would wait until next year to determine whether JG has a chance to be a star in the NBA. If not, we can always pay him market value as a RFA.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

A suggestion for those fed up with player xyz

Do your due diligence. If you believe XYZ is worth more as a trade commodity than in the team, prove it up. review potential trade outcomes. It’s a small league with finite alternatives.

When you do this - I’ll think you’ll be more inclined to react with patience. Unless of course you delude yourself into believing we could get Anthony Edward’s.

harold bingo and HardenReturns like this.
  6. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Yeah... Why stop there?
    Ask for a 20-sth blonde all-star with big t***, endless legs and an ass to die for.

NewAge and topfive like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

When is it appropriate to use a capital letter, and when is it not?

cmlmel77, topfive and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. conquistador#11

I know a 'gotcha' thread when I see one.
    [​IMG]

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

hey they can’t say no if you don’t ask. Plenty of stupid GMs out there.

HardenReturns likes this.
  10. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What?! Jalen was not doubled the whole game he missed a lot of OPEN THREE POINTERS! Jalen is very consistent to play inconsistent against good teams. In the month of March, he played mostly subpar teams except Phoenix….we all knows Jalen plays great against Phoenix. Jalen is not a good shooter at all. He was great in March with his awesome shooting spree against not talented teams. Jalen is a shooting guard….a shooting guard….when you are a shooting guard you must be able to SHOOT WELL. In Jalen first three years in the NBA, HE have not shot over a FG% over 43%…have not shot over 35% for his Three Point Shooting. You cannot be #1 or #2 on a championship team and shoot a FG% under 43% and can not shoot over 35% at the three point line. The first three years of Devin Booker, Anthony Edwards or Jaylen Brown……all shot efficiently at the 3 point line and field goal percentage….

11. Good Times

Good Times Member

Jalen is still younger today than when Hakeem, Horry, Yao, Francis, and Mobley entered the NBA in their rookie years. Young players take time to develop especially when they are coming into the league at 18/19. I’ve seen enough of Jalen to say he has the ability to take over games and it’s just a matter of time before he becomes consistent. Finding players this young capable of putting up 40 on any given night and winning games doesn’t grow on trees. As much as I like Cam and Amen, neither has put up even one 30 point game. If we can stay patient with Jalen it will pay off.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

No, Jalen and his representatives wants the LARGE BAG because of his potential…..this summer or next year. We need to either trade Jalen or wait and see Cam can be our Star.
    Sengun is either a #1 or #2(depending on his outside shooting)
    Amen needs to shoot average at the 3 point line (he is our DPOY)
    Tari is a true 3 and D player
    Jabari is a #3 on a championship team(my comp for Jabari is Michael Porter Jr) Jabari is a Small Forward not a Power Forward
    Cam can shoot but he needs to work on his dribbling and off ball defense

Mikal Bridges is a all defense team member and a consistent good outside shooter

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jalen is not a shooter this is his weakness, you need to shoot when you are a shooting guard. RJ Barrett and Anthony Edward is close to Jalen’s age and they are way better shooters than Jalen. If Jalen becomes a point guard and not a shooting guard….then we need to work on his dribbling and passing. Amen is a elite point guard because of his elite passing….we have a problem with Jalen he is not a good shooter he might need to change position

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brooklyn would not offer Bridges right now, they would probably offer Cam Johnson, Schroeder, another role player and 2nd round picks.

They do not have many enticing players. Cam Thomas does not entice as well.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Um, yeah. You might have also notice that as a team we tend to play better against bad teams, and not so great against good teams. Not always, but usually. That's because we're somewhere in between right now: not really bad, but not really good.

So if the whole team usually plays worse against good teams, that means we have to trade everyone, right? That's how it works?

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

We need to trade Jalen so that we can open playing time for BKN pick to develop.
    BKN pick can’t develop if he is coming off-the-bench.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They have to trade 1 or 2 in the future because every one of them is equally talented and some are equally flawed.......

Nobody is really let's say head and shoulders above anyone, Sengün was up till his injury but that was with the rookies struggling.

You are right that we should trade up for better players and not trade down because we want to get rid of them.

I think the journalists/experts before the season were wrong that Jabari would explode on Offense, he did better but nothing drastic from 12 ppg to 14 ppg, Udoka did run minor plays for him but not enough to say he values him much more than Silas did.

#57 daywalker02, Apr 7, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  18. Rocketsdreamer

If he demands max extension. You definitely trade him for Bridges.

Y2JT likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'll top that off with a face looking like boss Adam Silver.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

Jalen's streak bought him another year for me. Yea, his streak was all against bad teams or good teams missing key players, but he played amazingly well. The key for me is to see how he plays starting next year with Alpi back. If he follows his career pattern of playing like **** for an extended period to start the season then he should be traded at the deadline. If he plays well, meaning at least 50% of his streak consistently, then match whatever offer he gets in restricted free agency. That being said I would not lose a second of sleep if they moved him this offseason to capitalize on his streak while it is fresh in other GM's minds because his value may never be higher.

BamBam likes this.