1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 Draft/2-44] John Metchie III, WR, Alabama

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of John Metchie?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2023.
  1. YES

91.3%
  2. NO

8.7%
  1. CrazyJoeDavola

I think the writing is on wall for Woods given 5 mil salary. Pricey for your 5th or 6th best receiver. Maybe Texans are working on flipping him for a late conditional draft pick.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The great thing about the Noah Brown resign and the Diggs trade…it allows us to focus on defense or BPA in the draft. We simply don’t have to target a Wr now. And we can afford to give Metchie the shot he deserves at a healthy year with a full offseason’s work. I was excited when we drafted him; need to find out what we have before moving on. He was getting more comfortable late in the season. This will be a pivotal year for Metchie but we should let it play out.

3. Amadeus Rooster

Aruba. Focus on D. Thats what we are doing. So far so good.

Metchie is doing great. Maybe pass Nico soon be the #1 or #2! Lets goooooo!!

4. vince

vince Member

If Metchie can make strides to get back to his original trajectory before being sidelined with health issues, he will be a 1B wide receiver. Still hold out for him to rocket into stardom this season.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This would be a great story, but also give us leverage if we try to resign Diggs. I'm really pulling for John and hope he can become a staple in our passing attack.

Plowman likes this.
  7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to get excited about Metchie, but honestly nothing I've seen from the guy makes me think he's going to be anything special, so it's kind of hard. Now, granted, I thought the same thing about Nico and he surprised the hell out of me last season. So I very much hope I'm wrong about Metchie.

rusHour and ROXRAN like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes!

In just a smidgeon of minutes, you could see him starting to climb back.

Quite a tale...