1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McMahon thinks Sengun or Green could be traded "for a star"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 29, 2024.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

what the coach [potentially one of the current best] prefers is what is to be done....

in Ime we trust

DaDakota likes this.
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Rare moment of absolute common sense from KG. Paul Pierce is drunk

topfive and Tuckmose like this.
  3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I love Alpi and do not want to trade him, but, if I had to it would be for Giannis.

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets would be dumb to trade any of their top 5-6 players this summer.

5. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Yup.

High-level prospects on their rookie contracts who’ve performed at the NBA level and are still improving basically never get traded, for a reason.

The last few who actually got traded: Haliburton, Shai, Ingram, and Lonzo Ball.

The first two were disasters for the team that traded them away, and the last two were win a trade for a 26 year old top 5 player in the league.

Our core 6 are just too good to trade for anybody out there who would ever be traded this summer.

Nook, topfive, dream2clips and 2 others like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, I agree, it is more an Ime decision for sure.

DD

kpdark likes this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Where's the flaw? In every single one of his seasons so far, Jalen Green has put up more superstar performances than any of Alperen Sengun's seasons so far. In fact, Alpi's best season is comparable to Jalen's worst/1st season in the league in terms of big game moments/flashes. My analysis had me predicting Jalen would be an all star calibre player, y'all's efficiency obsession had you all calling him a bust and worse than Nate Hinton. Pretty sure my results are closer so far than yours are...

kpdark likes this.
  8. maypk

maypk Member

Jalen and Sengun are not in the same stratosphere, luckily Jalen is getting close there but be serious.

And I wish I could say that's the d*mbest stat posted by a Jalen stan but unfortunately it was posted earlier.

You do know that Jalen was chucking 20+ shots every game in his first 2 seasons while Alpi was a bench player on his 1st year and only got fg attempts through offensive rebounds in his 2nd year, right?

#208 maypk, Mar 31, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    BamBam, Melik and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. maypk

maypk Member

That's because he was indeed worse than Nate Hinton. That's why Ime benched his ass and played Nate Hinton.
    Did he have a historic 10 games streak? Yes.
    Is he still the worst Rockets player of the season after Jock Landale? Yes.

So wtf are you even talking about?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

More superstar performances.
    In terms of big game moments/flashes.

I don't care about comparing the two players, it's more of, Give us the big game superstar stuff for the entire season. Not just post-All Star Game.

11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

I remember this nonsense back during Jalen's rookie year when hot shooting from Garrison Matthews coinciding with a Green injury resulted in an eight game win streak, with people convinced that Jalen Green was so bad that he was the difference between 20 wins and 40 wins.

It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

12. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

Wishful thinking incoming but what if the Celtics fall embarrassingly short in the playoffs? Let's say they don't make the conference finals due to being outcoached. Does Tatum miss Ime? Would he request a trade?

To match salaries we offer Brooks, Smith and Whitmore. We can add picks as necessary. I imagine our picks being Brooklyns would be better than any other 1sts on offer plus we include 2 young guys.

We can then have a lineup of:
    FVV, Green, Amen, Tatum, Sengun. Tari is the 6th man. Then in a year or 2 when it is time for Amen to take over PG duties Tari comes in at SF.

Tatum, given his two way play, ability to shoot and connection to Ime, is worth losing some of our rookie contract players. I wouldn't like it for anyone else not named Jokic.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

1. I never called him a bust or said he was worse than Nate Hinton. Feel free to search my posts. You won’t find it. I have never advocated for trading him. I argued strongly against the pro KPJ crowd that claimed KPJ was better/a better prospect.
    2. Why would you only look at scoring?
    3. If you are going to narrow the analysis down to just big scoring games why would you omit the fact that Year 1 and Year 2 Jalen was featured in a way that Sengun was not. Minutes and shot attempts in their first two years strongly favor Jalen in a comparison strictly on scoring. There wasn’t equal opportunity to have big scoring games.
    4. What does “pretty sure my results are closer so far than yours” mean? What are you referencing?

Strawberry Gum, dream2clips and maypk like this.
  14. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

A reminder that James Harden was 23 when the Rockets made the trade for him, the only player I can think of at a similar age who might be as good is Tyrese Maxey. I'm almost certain he's untouchable barring sending Sengun to Philly.

15. plegus

plegus Member

Calm down, guy is only 14.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, this would have to be Tatum demanding a trade and saying "yeah I want back with Ime"--and giving up his supermax money to do it. No way in hell it happens any other way. Also seems doubtful to think we could get him without including one of Jalen or Alpi in the deal--even without Tatum they're still in win now mode, they're not looking for a collection of picks & players where it's "maybe he'll be really good in a year or three".

Seems pretty dubious.

But sure, for the sake of argument, Tatum is one of like three or four players in the league I would actually consider trading one or more of our core 6 players for. Relatively young All-NBA first teamers are hard to argue against.

17. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

No more suffering fools. The sheer stupidity of laying out raw numbers as evidence of anything but your ineptitude and infantile approach to understanding basketball makes me want to punch you in the face.

JG4 and Alpi are awesome. You suck. That is all. Lfg Rox. Jalen 50-piece tonight!

Strawberry Gum and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You do know that you just ignored the facts again, right? Those superstar performances weren't chucking ones, they were extremely high efficiency. Did you miss that or just try and ignore it? Here's an example of his top 5 performances from LAST season, not this one.

42 pts 60%fg 50%3pt
    41 pts 66%fg 40%3pt
    41 pts 63%fg 66%3pt
    40 pts 50%fg 44%3pt
    34 pts 66%fg 45%3pt

Sorry to break it to you, that aint chucking, that's being an absolute beast. Where are all these superstar Sengun takeover performances btw?

19. maypk

maypk Member

I hope you are trolling cuz nobody should be allowed to be this stupid.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Y'know, coaches will occasionally sub in a worse player just to make a point.They don't always have their best 5 guys on the floor.

I guarantee you Udoka never for a second thought Hinton had a better NBA future than Green.