1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Electric rates.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. We still don't have 100% Reliability. No matter what we pay .. . it goes into someone elses pockets
    2. YEa. . . but it maybe less out of my personal pocket.
    3. Last year on average her bill was about 60$ over average. (I took the usage and the cost. Only like 2 months was the bill
    lower than the usage. It was not even that close)

Rocket River

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Idk, can't speak to your personal experience. I'd advise not to use it if you don't trust it. But, unlike other gimmick products, I'm not aware of balanced billing being used as a shell game. But, I'd look at the particulars with you if you wanted.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. lpbman

lpbman Member

If you guys think you're getting reamed with a .04 per kWh upcharge... you are correct. But with the Mississippi river being low, the coal barges that haul fuel for my local provider had to basically halve their loads for reduced draft. This means bills have effectively doubled and is now over 22 cents per kWh. I think it was .11 something before.

If this fuel surcharge lasts the whole year (it isn't supposed to but you know how that goes) my whole solar setup pay back time is cut in half. That is really a bonus.... the big push to grow the solar stuff was hurricanes Laura and Delta that knocked out power for a month and had me driving all over creation looking for fuel and changing generator oil every other day and trying to keep my grandmother from dying because she needs power for her oxygen machine.